McDonald Impressive With Game On The Line ...

KRL

4 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

We can just thank JD and his staff for identifying elite talent like McDonald 

Thank him for a 1st round pick that’s finally starting to contribute in his second season? That’s a low bar imo, but okay, you go on ahead and do that, my friend. I’d prefer to thank Coach Saleh and his staff for developing and using him correctly though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

Thank him for a 1st round pick that’s finally contributing in his second season? That’s a low bar imo, but okay, you go on ahead and do that, my friend. 😜

How long have you been a Jets fan? We’ve seen plenty of 1st rd pick NOT contribute anything at all over the years. JD consistently fills this team with top talent. Will McDonald will be a 15 sack guy for many seasons to come. He’s an ELITE EDGE rusher!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Thank him for a 1st round pick that’s finally starting to contribute in his second season? That’s a low bar imo, but okay, you go on ahead and do that, my friend. I’d prefer to thank Coach Saleh and his staff for developing and using him correctly though.

Give the guy a break

line was stacked last year.

It was hard to get snaps

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I mean I hope so but he's had one good game so far. Nice to see him using something other than the spin move, that will go a long way in making the spin move more effective.

I think it's premature to call him elite. I'd like to see some consistency first.

It’s not premature if you been following his trajectory coming out of college. How they groomed him last season, let Huff walk this season and put McDonald in this role. The writing is on the wall for him to put up ELITE #s (13-15 sacks)

7 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

How long have you been a Jets fan? We’ve seen plenty of 1st rd pick NOT contribute anything at all over the years. JD consistently fills this team with top talent. Will McDonald will be a 15 sack guy for many seasons to come. He’s an ELITE EDGE rusher!

Lets not get over our skis just yet....

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Stop it....geez, one good game and he will be a consistent 15 sack guy? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

how many of those do we have in the entire league right now? consistent 15 sacks a year guys?  You might as well have called him the greatest sack artist of all time. 

#hyperbole.

Let's give the kid at least a whole season before you go off the rails with predictions shall we?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1