Timeouts and GW's route running

1 minute ago, Bronx said:

It's my opinion, so let it be. 

When the OC is sending plays into the QB, whose job is to get the ball snapped before the play clock expires, how, exactly, does Robert Saleh cause those delay of game/time outs? 

Or, in other words, please explain this opinion that seems to have absolutely no basis in fact. 

Thanks. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, slats said:

When the OC is sending plays into the QB, whose job is to get the ball snapped before the play clock expires, how, exactly, does Robert Saleh cause those delay of game/time outs? 

Or, in other words, please explain this opinion that seems to have absolutely no basis in fact. 

Thanks. 

Congratulations. 

• More Ugh 1

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

Bronx is traumatized from years of bad Jet football.  He's not ready to believe his lying eyes. 

We should rally around him the next couple days to assure him last night wasn't a mirage. 

If he continues this pessimism after they blow out the Broncos, he may need a spiritual cleansing. 

No one is rallying around Bronxy.  Bronxy needs to grow a pair and stop living in fear.

The jets are good.  Enjoy it.

The P-E-O-P-L-E's Captain tells it like it is.  None of this soft crap like "rally around the guy".

Get on the bus or get lost, Bronxy!

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

35 minutes ago, Bronx said:

Yes, my bipolar switch is off.  We get extremely excited when we defeat bad teams. Hold your horses and wait until we beat a good team. 

With all due respect you SUCK! Stop being a fan then my god everything is negative get a hobby,

• Haha 1

On a lot of those balls that are low to GW, I actually think that most were intended and indeed the right play by AR.  Its just that GW is slightly imprecise in his route running sometimes, and if he was in the right spot he’d like receiving them low so as to avoid a big hit.

Route running precision is one of the very hardest things to develop in the NFL, and its not something anyone innately has.  Its just a lot of reps and hard work. He will get better at it as the season goes on.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Hael said:

On a lot of those balls that are low to GW, I actually think that most were intended and indeed the right play by AR.  Its just that GW is slightly imprecise in his route running sometimes, and if he was in the right spot he’d like receiving them low so as to avoid a big hit.

Route running precision is one of the very hardest things to develop in the NFL, and its not something anyone innately has.  Its just a lot of reps and hard work. He will get better at it as the season goes on.

I also get the sense that AR8 is very careful that his throws don't get intercepted.  So he'll throw them low and to the sidelines, where only his WR will have a shot at them, but they're not easy catches.  It didn't seem like AR8 and GW5 were on the same page as far as that last night.  At least that's what it looked like to me.

Just now, ToonforPrez said:

Not holding our collective breaths but whatever helps you sleep at night.

I had a great night sleep and I hope you did as well. 

Let's get in the playoffs and beat real competition. Only then, I will allow the emotional needle to scale up. 

• More Ugh 1

5 minutes ago, Hael said:

Thank you for the feedback. Maybe you should apply for a mod slot, you seem to be fair and balanced.

• Sympathy 1

18 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don't blame him. 

Every old Jets fan I know in real life is as pessimistic as he is and I have gotten more pessimistic every year I watch this team. So I don't get too mad about that stuff anymore. 

You need to be mentally tough to be a Jets fan. It's not for everyone. It can break a weaker mind.

49 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

No one is rallying around Bronxy.  Bronxy needs to grow a pair and stop living in fear.

The jets are good.  Enjoy it.

The P-E-O-P-L-E's Captain tells it like it is.  None of this soft crap like "rally around the guy".

Get on the bus or get lost, Bronxy!

You're overdue on a spiritual cleansing by about 25 years. 

GW has 26 targets thru 3 games, with 11 of them coming last night. If he can average about 11 targets a game going forward there’s no doubt in my mind he’s going to put up elite #s by time season is done. Rodgers will make sure of it!

I trust Matt Harmon on WRs, and 2 years in, he had G5 charted as totally dominant in success rates beating both press and man.

We're talking CeeDee Lamb level success rates.

So, not sure what's been going on through the first 3 weeks.

Ward, Snead, and Gonzalez are good, but Garrett is good enough where he should still be consistently gaining separation on these guys.

Aaron said opponents have been game planning to take Garrett away, shading a safety over the top.

The Chiefs had bracket coverage on Jamarr Chase last week on every 3rd down 🤣

Spagnuolo is an elite elite DC

43 minutes ago, Bronx said:

I had a great night sleep and I hope you did as well. 

Let's get in the playoffs and beat real competition. Only then, I will allow the emotional needle to scale up. 

I just hope Robert Saleh and his CS got a great night of sleep!

Yea the TO situation is an issue that I think will be fixed soon.

I also see GW route running as an issue. It’s likely a timing issue. GW is likely coming out of his breaks a couple yards after Rodgers expects him to.

This is also fixable and will take time. The good news is that Wilson is a competitor and puts in work. My guess is this will be a none issue before seasons end. Hopefully sooner rather than later. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, green&white said:

I don't agree with this statement.  At least from what I've seen so far.  GW can do things MW cannot.  MW can do things GW cannot.  From what I've seen of both MW has better hands.  

Garrett has the better hands. I've watched Mike Williams his whole career, he's one of those guys that occasionally stone hands a wide open catch but then later that game will make an unbelievable catch over the top of some safety.

Really, what it is is that MW is better at contested catches. With his size and length, that's more of his play style. Garrett is a more consistent and skilled ball catcher, but relies on his route running to get open which is why him and Rodgers have looked slightly off at times.

For what it's worth, let's not forget how many times GW and Rodgers HAVE been on the same page this year and connected for first down passes and drive extending plays. It can improve, but they're already the crucial link.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

What occurred in the 3rd quarter with consecutive timeouts? 

This being our third game, some growing pains are expected, yet the mismanagement of time and player rotation is unacceptable. 

Additionally, is GW struggling with route running? The hierarchy may shift if AR and GW don't fully synchronize. Mike Williams, with his precise and sharp receiving skills, might see an increase in targeted passes.

I think the first was to avoid a delay of game which quite honestly, considering we had a lead, it might have been wiser to take the 5 yards at that point. The second one Rodgers called, so not sure what was up with that, but burning 2 time outs by midway in the third is pretty messed up. 

As far as Wilson

R-E-L-A-X

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, extmenace said:

Garett is getting the most precise routes. Hes getting the anticipation throws, the back shoulders and etc. The other WRers are getting more of the slants, curls, and etc. I’m not sure it’s the route running more so that they just aren’t on the same page. Garrett seems to be slightly out of position on a lot of the missed throws. Both he and Rodgers need to get that worked out. Garrett was a step a two away from having a massive game last night.

right after the game, Rodgers finished his interview saying, without being asked, that once he and GW get on the same page, they will do some special things. The eye ball test to me shows a really good WR that was consistently in position to make big catches but the ball wasn’t where Garrett was. I honestly have no concerns about this. Just like I’m not concerned about Mike Williams. Assuming everyone stays healthy, I think both of these guys will be very productive by mid season.

This is pretty much it. Although I think timing is part of route running. Rodgers has spoken about this in the past I believe. If the play calls for you to make a change directions at 10 yards out and the WR does it at 12 yards out, that’s an issue. It’s partly why Rodgers prefers veterans. But Wilson is different, he’ll get there. And Rodgers seems willing and patient to help him get there.

Wilson still looks explosive. We have a lot of room to grow as an offense. Pretty exciting actually.

2 hours ago, Mr. Rogers said:

Garrett has the better hands. I've watched Mike Williams his whole career, he's one of those guys that occasionally stone hands a wide open catch but then later that game will make an unbelievable catch over the top of some safety.

Really, what it is is that MW is better at contested catches. With his size and length, that's more of his play style. Garrett is a more consistent and skilled ball catcher, but relies on his route running to get open which is why him and Rodgers have looked slightly off at times.

For what it's worth, let's not forget how many times GW and Rodgers HAVE been on the same page this year and connected for first down passes and drive extending plays. It can improve, but they're already the crucial link.

You've probably watched Williams more than I have.  I'm not knocking GW.  Well, maybe a little.  The post I was replying to stated that Garrett was way better.  I believe he is better.  Just not way better, yet.  I've seen too many lapses from Garrett Wilson to put him in that upper echelon yet.  Last week, the play where he went out of bounds, for example.  Plenty of drops last year.  I'm a big fan of Garrett and I think he can get there.  He's just not there yet.  

• Upvote 1