Will McDonald Is a Superstar

I’ve been defending McDonald all off-season but…… people, chill on this one. A lot of his sacks thus far didn’t involve actually beating an offensive tackle or even a blocker of any nature. You have to put this into context. 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Barton said:

I’ve been defending McDonald all off-season but…… people, chill on this one. A lot of his sacks thus far didn’t involve actually beating an offensive tackle or even a blocker of any nature. You have to put this into context. 

Wild overreactions to small samples sizes are part of what makes this place so gosh darn entertaining 

He’s had a few “easy” or gifted sacks but there have also been pressures and bad holds they miss. 
I’ve noticed other teams using TEs and RBs to chip him and then he’s done on the play. Good that teams realize his potential but not good to get taken out like that. 

Overall more positive than negative. 

1 hour ago, Barton said:

he doesnt actually have to do that. he is spinning and going into other lanes and disrupting stuff to free up other guys.

there was this one play where he went outside of the Tackle, spun inside and drew the Guard to him and even baited the RB to help. thats 3 guys he drew to him. it freed up the guy the guard was blocking to go outside and get the sack.

its stuff like that that is getting people excited. even if he doesnt get the sack he is still getting alot of pressure.

• Upvote 1