Lead Up To Jets/Bills Game (10/14/2024)

TuscanyTile2

On 10/7/2024 at 9:22 AM, Matt39 said:

He kind of forced his way back on the field. Can the league call down to the refs to stop the game? If Allen didn’t want to come out is there really anything they can do?

Yes. 

this is the whole point of the spotter in the sky

• Upvote 2

This will be the first time all season we actually have a game plan that incorporates our team strengths and oppositions weakness as apart of the game plan. 

Josh Allen is probably going to be back to his old self. But expect our def to play well and our offense to get out of its own way. Lazard will lazard but I think an emphasis will be made on a logical choice of run and pass plays.

Rodger is going to have a good game 

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I have some friends who are Fish fans and they think it's a huge double-standard that Tua is out for weeks and Allen could play this week.

In all fairness Tua has a long history of getting knocked out. So more eyes are on him for that to happen. Allen being his size probably has less than the average QB.

To me it’s clear he was knocked out. He still played and didn’t play well. Didn’t look like himself.

League should look into this and BUF should be accountable for not following the protocol. Not sure if that’s just a fine or what.

8 hours ago, THE BARON said:

jets gonna win. players know new bosses gonna be watching and a lot riding on it. player mistakes will not be appreciated and they know it. the players will be concentrating and executing.  

Allen had 2 concussions in 6 days, a bunch of key players on the bills injured, jets have the rally behind new coach going on

jets better win this game 

• Upvote 1

Defense has been great. But it was crystal clear that Brick is pro a physical side of the game. Where teams look at us and say damn we don’t want to play them. Noted that pre snap penalties are unexpectable. But don’t sound like he’d mind if it was a guy just going hard. Maybe suck as personal fouls, late hits, etc.

So seeing us practice in pads to increase physical practices perhaps isn’t surprising. 

I saw only the last part of the BB-Peyton show about upcoming MNF game on ESPN. BB pointed out one play and said it was unworkable for the Jets when they had one less blocker on the line than Minnesota had and the guy went in and easily sacked AR. He said you can't let that happen. We used to sometimes use a FB or converted TE to be that extra blocker. I'd do this on most plays instead of the extra WR. 

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter

Bills RB James Cook (toe) and WR Khalil Shakir (ankle) will be listed as questionable for Monday night’s game vs. the Jets.

DL Ed Oliver will be out.

Bills Pro-Bowl RB James Cook will practice today despite his toe injury and plans to play Monday night vs. the Jets, per his agency LAA.

33 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Ed Oliver out on Monday. Bills are giving up a league worst 5.2 YPC on the ground so far this year. Losing their best DL doesn’t help. This has to be a Breece Hall game with Morgan Moses back

I hope so. That should make Rodgers day a lot easier. He needs to get going as well. Can’t just be a game to get Breece going. We need a game the whole offense looks great