I Quit Watching the NFL Today

3 hours ago, redlichtie said:

They should just make all linemen wear those great big huge foam hands that you see fans with, then there’s no way they can grab a handful of jersey and holding becomes a non-penalty

Season 13 No GIF by Ninja Warrior

That's an absolutely brilliant idea.  Stinkin' genius is what is!!!!!

• Haha 1

Every play either "There are no flags" or "Flag is down". Holding, and  PI are fungible, changing from game to game, quarter to quarter. And the formation stuff; comes and goes. You can't have the refs this involved. 

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, peebag said:

That's an absolutely brilliant idea.  Stinkin' genius is what is!!!!!

Thanks!!😀…. I mean, think how awesome a tackle eligible play at the goal line becomes? Can you imagine Jumbo Elliott and the Monday Night Miracle ? It would be the wildest thing ever seen in sporting history ….and the DL would love it because they’d get a sh!t ton more passes defensed with all the deflections!…I see no downside 

18 hours ago, JetsfaninNorthHollywood said:

"Heat" was a brilliant flick. And two years after its release, two tooled up psychos did their best reenactment of the robbery and shootout scene at a B of A branch near my old office. We couldn't leave the office for three hours. Fun times.

It's a great film but that woman De Niro falls in love with does her best to ruin it. There's no way a character like him would fall in love with such a sap of a woman in about 30 minutes the way it's depicted. I was kind of hoping Waingrow would take her out.

"Waingrow, why did you murder the woman I love?"

"She was making a move man, I had to get it on. Want some pie?"

• Haha 3

Yeah the same old sick feeling of watching a slow motion car wreck 

cutting Bates to send a message and firing Carter to send a message is such an easy call but we all know it won’t happen. 

It’s almost like letting the entire staff work with no contact next year was a bad idea lol 

was thinking today that what we are seeing is a group of guys that don’t believe in the coaches, the game plan, the schemes especially on offense obviously.  

• Upvote 1

I feel like it is worse to watch this team lose cause we shouldn't, it was easier to see us lose when we had no line, no play makers, not qb etc.

This is a new feeling, a new cruelty to me. The last time we have a decent roster - was the REx years and we won game. 

Man What I wouldnt give for that those Offensive coordinators, i never thought at the time that i would dream of those days a good Offensive playcalling. 

Damn does shotty have a job right now? I take his quick WR out plays wiht no blocking in a second over this crap.

33 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

15 years? What are you like 25? You have not yet begun to suffer…

What's interesting though is that the period we are in now (since 2010) is quickly approaching the worst era of the franchise, which is saying something. From 98-2010 (13 seasons), the Jet made the playoffs 6 times and went to 3 AFC title games. Plenty of heartbreak and a few terrible late season collapses along the way, but they also had some really nice moments and were at least respectable, overall. 

I started watching in the early 90s, but didn't become a diehard fan until Parcells showed up in 97, so for me, the Jets were not the worst team I rooted for. They were ok. What has gone on since 2010 is just outright embarrassing. 

21 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'll still watch Jets games, for now. It's been going on for a while now but today was just it for me. I simply cannot watch the terrible officiating anymore. 

For my entire life Sunday was NFL day. You watch football on Sunday. I just can't justify it anymore. The officiating is and has been so terrible for a long time now. The Jets make enough bad plays on their own yet the officials consistently pile on and add to the disaster. I can no longer justify spending my time watching a product that is so poorly officiated. There are so many other things I can invest my time into on Sundays. I don't watch the news or the weather for similar reasons. 

Y'all don't know me but this is a big thing for me. Don't know if a thread was appropriate but I felt the need to share. 

if you do leave completely - I suggest auctioning off your user name.

i'd think you would get a pretty penny for it.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, batman10023 said:

if you do leave completely - I suggest auctioning off your user name.

i'd think you would get a pretty penny for it.

oh you're not getting rid of me that easy. Like I said, I'm still going to watch the Jets. I tried quitting being a Jets fan once and I know I am unable to do that. I just won't be watching all the games like I have my entire life. The product is watered down piss now.

• Upvote 1

Of course I'll watch the Jets and hope they win, but (unlike in my earlier years) I refuse to let myself become too emotionally invested in an event that gets thrown in the trash by horrible officiating. I no longer kick my dog every time a ref throws a BS PI flag. I've learned over the years to control my enthusiasm due to how quick the ref change everything.

I feel bad for fans in other countries coming out to this great American event, only to have flag after flag after flag thrown. Imagine trying to explain the game to someone for the first time.

But it's not just the refs, the owners are doing it to themselves with their fn stupid 'rules committees' adding 6 thousand new penalties every year. The game is become unwatchable.