I Quit Watching the NFL Today

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I will say, it’s amazing how quickly we’ve become inured to officials ******* the sport over every week. I know for me, after every big play, I wait for the little flag icon to pop up in the corner of the screen before I get excited/pissed

downvote purely for using the word inured, which I was forced to google.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I will say, it’s amazing how quickly we’ve become inured to officials ******* the sport over every week. I know for me, after every big play, I wait for the little flag icon to pop up in the corner of the screen before I get excited/pissed

injuries and terrible, inconsistent officiating are ruining the sport

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Joe W. Namath said:

.........as bad as a poster who thinks u dont know the difference btwn your and you're.

Wait a few weeks and do it purposely.  Watch the clown who jumps all over you for it.  Its hysterical.

Your an idiot if you think you're posts are entertaining.

Fooled you, durrrrrrr..........

• Haha 3

I haven't been able to watch Non Jets games for more than a few minutes at a time for a couple of years now. I just... don't care or enjoy the product. Plus, I don't drink much anymore and that has REALLY changed a few things... 

I also can't watch much TV anymore, specific shows that can keep my interest are few and far between. It's funny, I loved video games as a kid, and have rediscovered how much fun good RPGs can be. 
Whatchya playing now ?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'll still watch Jets games, for now. It's been going on for a while now but today was just it for me. I simply cannot watch the terrible officiating anymore. 

For my entire life Sunday was NFL day. You watch football on Sunday. I just can't justify it anymore. The officiating is and has been so terrible for a long time now. The Jets make enough bad plays on their own yet the officials consistently pile on and add to the disaster. I can no longer justify spending my time watching a product that is so poorly officiated. There are so many other things I can invest my time into on Sundays. I don't watch the news or the weather for similar reasons. 

Y'all don't know me but this is a big thing for me. Don't know if a thread was appropriate but I felt the need to share. 

This is me about 5 years ago and my life is better for it

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

I'm done watching the NFL, but I will watch the Jets?  WHAT!!??  I get it that the Jets don't count as an NFL team, but....

So NFL games go on for 3 hours Thursday night, 3 hours Monday night and from 1PM -> Midnight on Sunday unless of course there is a stupid 9:30am Sunday game in which case is goes from 9:30am Sunday until about midnight.

If you only watch Jets games you watch 3 hours a week as opposed to 15-18 hours a week.

If you need me to break that down into UTC or ticks please let me know.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'll still watch Jets games, for now. It's been going on for a while now but today was just it for me. I simply cannot watch the terrible officiating anymore. 

For my entire life Sunday was NFL day. You watch football on Sunday. I just can't justify it anymore. The officiating is and has been so terrible for a long time now. The Jets make enough bad plays on their own yet the officials consistently pile on and add to the disaster. I can no longer justify spending my time watching a product that is so poorly officiated. There are so many other things I can invest my time into on Sundays. I don't watch the news or the weather for similar reasons. 

Y'all don't know me but this is a big thing for me. Don't know if a thread was appropriate but I felt the need to share. 

The struggle is real.

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

See you next week :P