SALEH FIRED

42 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Anyone know why Saleh was fired today (Tuesday) instead of yesterday (Monday)?  We played on Sunday so one would think the firing would come the next day. 

Was this decision up in the air on Monday?  Did they possibly demand changes that Saleh wouldn't accept?  

He was sitting on a plane for most of yesterday would be my guess. I was out of my hotel at 5:30 am and didn't get home until 4:45 pm.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Anyone know why Saleh was fired today (Tuesday) instead of yesterday (Monday)?  We played on Sunday so one would think the firing would come the next day. 

Was this decision up in the air on Monday?  Did they possibly demand changes that Saleh wouldn't accept?  

That's got to be it they wanted some changes maybe some discipline extra hours extra work something like that and he said no.

He might have had a fu attitude with Woody. 

4 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I agree with the other poster who said Saleh might be secretly relieved.

He now gets paid to do nothing.

In February he can go back to his BFF Kyle Shanahan or Mike McDaniel as their DC.

I believe is relieved too but disagree that he is not  a take the money and run and enjoy life.No reason for him to coach anymore.

Too stressful

I'm surprised but I don't see this having a big change on the direction of the season. The staff is still the exact same minus one. Maybe Ulbrich will be more aggressive than Saleh but he's also been at the helm for an unimpressive defense this season. Hackett is still OC. While playcalling has maybe moved to another person, it is still the same system and same problematic coaches downstream. If a head coach is dumped in the "nothing part of football", how can we really believe this season is still bound for a playoff run? 

6 minutes ago, Corn said:

This is why he got fired!!!!

Period no other reason which is bad news he got political  I thought it was a bogus report at first.

Which would be horrible since his parents are Lebanese.him wearing the Lebanese flag

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-13938929/robert-saleh-lebanon-flag-jets-firing-joe-beningo.html

The Daily Mail isn't fit to wrap fish. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What pictures? I mean if I were 20 games under .500 I’d probably lay low with the American flag at most but this is a reach. 

Not sure exactly what you mean. There are pictures of him getting political with him wearing Lebanese flag.

But I was thinking of Woody really didn't like it he should say you know you really suck as a coach you  should not be wearing any flag.

But he probably didn't say a single word i'm not going to ask the coach are you going to wear that flag for the remainder of the Season whether it's the NFL season or the wartime season it's a touchy subject.

Just now, Corn said:

Not sure exactly what you mean. There are pictures of him getting political with him wearing Lebanese flag.

But I was thinking of Woody really didn't like it he should say you know you really suck as a coach you  should not be wearing any flag.

But he probably didn't say a single word i'm not going to ask the coach are you going to wear that flag for the remainder of the Season whether it's the NFL season or the wartime season it's a touchy subject.

I don’t think it had anything to do with it. But if I were 20 games under .500 at my job I’d  just go with the American flag to keep it safe. 

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, JOJOTOWNSELL said:

IMG_9268.gif

To this day this is the funniest press conference I’ve ever seen. And the corresponding JN thread was the funniest I’ve ever seen in my 16 years on this site. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

To this day this is the funniest press conference I’ve ever seen. And the corresponding JN thread was the funniest I’ve ever seen in my 16 years on this site. 

I did not find that funny at all! (At the time lol) man that really pissed me off. It did help me to not give AF anymore tho... and invest FAR less time, so that was a positive. 

48 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

This is not the first time he wear the Lebanese flag , he wore it a few times this year and last year. Never was an issue.

Other coaches from other teams also wear sometimes a patch flag of their heritage just like him 

Don't worry, this factual statement will be ignored so they can further their agenda

16 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Don't worry, this factual statement will be ignored so they can further their agenda

Anyone who writes, speaks, or otherwise expresses an opinion of conveys information has “an agenda” (I.e. a purpose for doing so).

4 hours ago, Corn said:

This is why he got fired!!!!

Period no other reason which is bad news he got political  I thought it was a bogus report at first.

Which would be horrible since his parents are Lebanese.him wearing the Lebanese flag

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-13938929/robert-saleh-lebanon-flag-jets-firing-joe-beningo.html

Benigno is a far right moron.

Saleh was a bad coach and the Jets are desperate to save the season. End of story.

10 hours ago, SeattleJet said:

This firing: I'm cautiously optimistic. We will see how it goes. I do believe that Saleh lost the locker room - when he was not making players accountable.

Yeah I'm not sure how leaving Hackett with his job when the offense is the problem is gonna show guys accountability 

• Upvote 1