We’re still making the playoffs

1 minute ago, gastineau_intestinal_tract said:

all hell is gonna break loose if the jets can't beat a chitty pats team on the road next week.  but can the dim light of hope get any worse than it is now.  lol

Well yes if we lose this week then it’s really over. But I expect a “get right game”. Blowout win!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Beat NE, jump sparks the team. Beat Houston on TNF, that lights the team on fire!! 7 game win streak. Playoffs. 

Easy. 

We’ve had a million prime time games these last 2 years I don’t think we’ve won one of them. That TNF game against Houston will shut up the LOL Jets crowd. We win that game then we rolling. Look at our remaining schedule: cake walk. 

• Sympathy 1

It's fun to dream about. 

But, for the Jets to make the playoffs, you figure they have to go 8-2 (or maaaaybe 7-3) in their last 10 games. 

From what we have seen from this team through 7 games, they have a better shot at going 2-8 than 8-2. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

The players themselves know deep down that this season is basically over. This is a weak minded group that folded after 1 INT late in the first half and they will continue to fold at the first sign of adversity. I have been one of the optimistic fans on this board but last night was it for me. They will finish 7-10/8-9 whatever. No Playoffs. No top pick. Bunch of losers from the top to the bottom of this organization and it starts with the idiot owner. 

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The players themselves know deep down that this season is basically over. This is a weak minded group that folded after 1 INT late in the first half and they will continue to fold at the first sign of adversity. I have been one of the optimistic fans on this board but last night was it for me. They will finish 7-10/8-9 whatever. No Playoffs. No top pick. Bunch of losers from the top to the bottom of this organization and it starts with the idiot owner. 

I agree with your points, but you never know what sort of momentum you can get on if you win, say, 2 games in a row? The last time the Jets won the division, they also started 2&5.

38 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Beat NE, jump sparks the team. Beat Houston on TNF, that lights the team on fire!! 7 game win streak. Playoffs. 

Easy. 

Houston is going to beat this team handily, so is Buffalo …we will be lucky to split with Miami ..that’s 8 losses …we will drop one or two more of the “ winnable “ games ….its over . 

5 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You fan like a younger man. No rationality. Admirable, but mistaken. Now the Jets will break you.

the-dark-knight-rises-tom-hardy.jpg

No rationale? Did you miss the part where I said the team will be adding Reed, MC2, and Reddick on defense? It’s all going to come together you watch. Like I said this team is loaded with talent too good not to put together a run. 

54 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If you’re jumping ship say so now! Don’t want no fake fans here cheering when we are in the playoffs. This team is too talented to not put it together and the AFC currently stinks.

**** you.  I've been a fan since 1975, and YOU don't get to arbitrarily decide who a real fan is, and this team is as chaotic and dysfunctional right now as I've ever seen it.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

No rationale? Did you miss the part where I said the team will be adding Reed, MC2, and Reddick on defense? It’s all going to come together you watch. Like I said this team is loaded with talent too good not to put together a run. 

He took the drugs and the drugs are working...

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

If you’re jumping ship say so now! Don’t want no fake fans here cheering when we are in the playoffs. This team is too talented to not put it together and the AFC currently stinks.

The defense was awful, but guess what? We’re getting back DJ Reed, MC2, and Hasson Reddick. Those 3 guys will do wonders for this defense. And offensively we got way too much fire power. Rodgers is going to come alive these last 10 games. 10-7 with a wild card birth and going into playoffs red hot!

Got a quibble here. One's level of elation at a positive result is inversely proportional to one's expectations going in. This is why you are a lot more excited about winning $2,000 at a slot machine than getting your weekly paycheck for $2,000.

So, the pessimists will actually enjoy any success more than the homers, while also protecting ourselves from the emotional letdown if/when the Jets stink up the joint.

We're doing it right.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

**** you.  I've been a fan since 1975, and YOU don't get to arbitrarily decide who a real fan is, and this team is as chaotic and dysfunctional right now as I've ever seen it.

Isn’t it unbelievable that this is truly the worst it’s ever been ? My earliest memory is the Buffalo playoff game in 1981 when Bruce Harper fumbled the opening kickoff and we almost came back and won….sounds like you're about  my age …we have had worse teams and worse years but it’s never been this dysfunctional imo ….crazy . 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, maury77 said:

I agree with your points, but you never know what sort of momentum you can get on if you win, say, 2 games in a row? The last time the Jets won the division, they also started 2&5.

It's over. This team will screw up a wet dream. 

14 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I’ll bet you a charity bet of $1000 right now jets don’t make playoffs. Winner chooses the charity. 

21 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

When they lose the positive, yet rational ones like you? It’s over.
Welcome to the dark side.

Forget charity, I will bet you straight up. My $200 to your $500? 

IMG_0107.jpeg

If you're asking for odds, that's not "straight up."

Also, if you need odds, you shouldn't be questioning the fandom of those who disagree, should you?

Just now, jgb said:

If you're asking for odds, that's not "straight up."

Also, if you need odds, you shouldn't be questioning the fandom of those who disagree, should you?

So you don’t want to make the bet? I’m not giving you even $$ lol. I’ll give you 2:1 better than any sport book. My $200 to your $400?

Just now, Rhg1084 said:

So you don’t want to make the bet? I’m not giving you even $$ lol. I’ll give you 2:1 better than any sport book. My $200 to your $400?

If you won't give even money, kindly stop calling out those who disagree. By needing odds, you are yourself agreeing that skepticism is warranted.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

If you won't give even money, kindly stop calling out those who disagree. By needing odds, you are yourself agreeing that skepticism is warranted.

I mean they’re 2-5 there’s a math element here as well. Just say you don’t want to make the bet and were talking out of yo ass no big deal. 

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean they’re 2-5 there’s a math element here as well. Just say you don’t want to make the bet and were talking out of yo ass no big deal. 

We have yet again demonstrated the truism that the wallet is smarter than the mouth. 

You talk a huge game, blasting fans who are pessimistic but then need odds to put money down on your own mouth.

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

Ok since @jgb was all talk once I actually took him up on his offer for a bet. I’m willing to put up $200 to anyone’s $500 that Jets make playoffs. I’m open for business let me know!

I'm all talk? You blast Jets fans for "not believing" then demand odds, thus admitting the pessimists are more than likely correct. 

Ok since @jgb was all talk once I actually took him up on his offer for a bet. I’m willing to put up $200 to anyone’s $500 that Jets make playoffs. I’m open for business let me know!

I like where your heads at. 

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

• Haha 2

Just now, jgb said:

I'm all talk? You blast Jets fans for "not believing" that demand odds, thus admitting the pessimists are more than likely correct. 

Again I’m trying to make a bet please don’t respond to me if you’re not interested. If you’re so confident they’re not making the playoffs put your $$$ up? I gave you better odds than any sport book. Don’t be a coward