It's official Saleh ran the defense Jeff Ulbrich was just a stiff

• nyjets1969 changed the title to It's official Saleh ran the defense Jeff Ulbrich was just a stiff
1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

You give up 15, 20 & 22 points and you should win.

Gregg hits easy FGs and we’re 2-1 or better over the last 3

No the Jets got beaten by a average QB with bad OL good defenses shut down offense like this. Despite bad Kicking the Jets were up by 5 you don't allow a offense this bad to run 60 yards downfield for a TD good defenses don't allow this.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Ulbrich was calling the plays while Saleh was here

Saleh listened on the headset and cheered that’s about it 

Actually think it was other way around. The defense is terrible since they fired Saleh Ulbrich was told what to call. I hated Saleh wanted him gone but I have to admit the guy was one top Defensive minds in the game if Ulbrich was really running this defense it would not take this big of a plunge since Saleh was fired.

• Upvote 1

I admit it Saleh wasnt a good coach but he knew defence think it was a mistake firing him. This defense gave up 25 points against the worst offense in the NFL this wouldn't happen the last time they met under Saleh. Ulbrich isn't righting the ship because he isnt a DC he is a position coach that's it.

• WTF? 1

I think Saleh kept the defense sharp and motivated more than anything. Ulbrich doesn't have as much time for that anymore trying to manage A-hole and it's showing. 

I liked Saleh. There was issues there, but the reality is this team needed another OC and QB. Not Hackett and fraudgers. Just feel bad for the young guys at this point, hope they don't leave en masse

5 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Actually think it was other way around. The defense is terrible since they fired Saleh Ulbrich was told what to call. I hated Saleh wanted him gone but I have to admit the guy was one top Defensive minds in the game if Ulbrich was really running this defense it would not take this big of a plunge since Saleh was fired.

He’s not

Great defensive minds are able to adapt to their players

Saleh plays the same stupid Seattle scheme he was taught and never makes opponent specific adjustments 

49ers were in the Super Bowl last year without him

That D hasn’t missed a beat since he left

and it’s a fact Ulbrich was calling plays

I’m sure Saleh was involved in gameplanning but it’s not all about that right now 

This team has forgotten how to tackle

• Post of the Week 3

Just now, Beerfish said:

Please do not make saleh out to be some great coach, he stunk as well.   This is a bland, conservative low imagination D that relies on just having the better players.   Despite the gaudy 'we are top 10' yelling and leading the league in stupid not meaningless advanced stats every year this D comes up small when it has had to and generates few big plays.

the defense was not giving up 28 points per game with saleh is the counterpoint 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Please do not make saleh out to be some great coach, he stunk as well.   This is a bland, conservative low imagination D that relies on just having the better players.   Despite the gaudy 'we are top 10' yelling and leading the league in stupid not meaningless advanced stats every year this D comes up small when it has had to and generates few big plays.

The last really good defense this team had was when  Rex was here and Jenkins was healthy. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

He’s not

49ers were in the Super Bowl last year without him

That D hasn’t missed a beat since he left

and it’s a fact Ulbrich was calling plays

I’m sure Saleh was involved in gameplanning but it’s not all about that right now 

This team has forgotten how to tackle

Possibly Ulbrich has too much on his plate to also be the DC and that's the explanation for the defense going into the sh-tter.  Whatever though.  I'm still glad Saleh was fired.  Prove to Woody that the team needs to be completely rebuilt from scratch.  Unfortunately, we will win meaningless games.

• Upvote 1

The defense gave up when Saleh got fired. That is reality. When the defensive HC gets fired, but the sh*t OC is retained, it will come across as blame-shifting to the D.

This is 10000% due the Rodgers and his nepotism’s driven GM overrides.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Integrity28 said:

The defense gave up when Saleh got fired. That is reality. When the defensive HC gets fired, but the sh*t OC is retained, it will come across as blame-shifting to the D.

This is 10000% due the Rodgers and his nepotism’s driven GM overrides.

I think they just sense the entire organization is rudderless. they are also just not that good on a personal and execution level. bottom line, sometimes yo need to execute. and maybe that's the reason you got your head coach fired.

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Please do not make saleh out to be some great coach, he stunk as well.   This is a bland, conservative low imagination D that relies on just having the better players.   Despite the gaudy 'we are top 10' yelling and leading the league in stupid meaningless advanced stats every year this D comes up small when it has had to and generates few big plays.

Never said Saleh was a good coach but no longer believe Ulbrich was running this defense. Saleh called the defensive plays Ulbrich relayed them in much like ReX Ryan did when he was the coach. I'm sorry that your letting your hate blind the obvious Ulbrich is not the DC if he was the Defense would not  have given up 85 points in last 3 games it's horrible. 

• WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, Vader said:

I think they just sense the entire organization is rudderless. they are also just not that good on a personal and execution level. bottom line, sometimes yo need to execute. and maybe that's the reason you got your head coach fired.

The argument being made is that the defense got worse after Saleh got fired. So, I don’t see how the defense got him fire by not executing.

38 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

^^^ One of the acolytes of positivity. Jet nut found positive things in rich kotite 1-15 season.

Just stop dude lmao this team was SUPER BOWL BOUND!!! 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

The argument being made is that the defense got worse after Saleh got fired. So, I don’t see how the defense got him fire by not executing.

It’s a train wreck of epic proportions perpetrated by an egomaniacal billionaire whose fault it isn’t. Bottom line? We’re ****ed

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

the defense got a lot worse. that doesn't mean they were per se executing before the HC got fired. They weren't executing.

Stop. This is just a disaster of a team, on both sides. It’s pathetic. I have nothing left and I’m spent. Only good thing is Miami, Bengals and Colts lost. Every game moving forward is a must win. They are at best a 4 to 5 win team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Riiight. I don’t even know what this means.

It means the players have not been executing the whole time -- both before and after the firing of Saleh. The lack of execution preceded the firing and also continued afterwards even getting worse. You know how to read, or should I say the same thing for the 4th time?

The players that are supposed to perform are not performing, and have not been performing. All year.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nyjets1969 said:

The last 3 games prove it this defense sucks since Saleh got fired.

Ummmmmm when you have leadership like this ..

image.jpeg

No disrespect Woody doesn't know what he is doing and we can all see that the defense is falling down like a DAM ROCK!!!

That is why some of us said if you fire SALEH..

HAVE A DAM PLAN!!!!

GOOD GRIEF!!!!!! 

37 minutes ago, nyjets1969 said:

Thats because Ulbrich is not just focused on the D anymore .  Hes gotta concern himself with both sides of the ball.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

We can blame zurline all we want but we’d just be a bad team with a better record. Some of these losses, if the team were more disciplined, played like a good team should, wouldn’t have come down to kicks. There was absolutely no excuse today for needing 4 points to beat this pats team. This team isn’t just bad at this point, it’s a top 3-5 pick in the draft bad.

Just now, extmenace said:

We can blame zurline all we want but we’d just be a bad team with a better record. Some of these losses, if the team were more disciplined, played like a good team should, wouldn’t have come down to kicks. There was absolutely no excuse today for needing 4 points to beat that team. This team isn’t just bad at this point, it’s a top 3 pick in the draft bad.

wisdoms in here 

1 hour ago, BP said:

^^^ One of the acolytes of positivity. Jet nut found positive things in rich kotite 1-15 season.

Just stop dude lmao this team was SUPER BOWL BOUND!!! 

Yeah, that’s clearly what I said.  
Blaming the offense says SUPER BOWL BOUND!!!