It's Aaron Rodgers Fault He's On Pace for over 4000 yards and 2x TD-INT ratio

H/T NYJ Mike for the extrapolation. IIRC this would be like a top 3-5 stat line for a QB in the history of the jets. What other QB years would compare?

Just thought this was an interesting counterpoint to the season vapors.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, 98jetsoasis said:

Defense is not the same 

Right. The defense is Aaron Rodgers fault too. Rodgers is the guy that got spun around by a Jag in the 4th quarter on third down on a simple post route.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Being able to accomplish a top 3-5 year at QB isn't a huge feat for the Jets. Ryan Fitzpatrick holds records. This isn't hard to do.

He's part of MANY problems. Let's not ignore that.

He’s clearly washed but with a competent kicker it’s likely we are 4-4 or even 5-3. Gross roster management and gross coaching on top of that. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Being able to accomplish a top 3-5 year at QB isn't a huge feat for the Jets. Ryan Fitzpatrick holds records. This isn't hard to do.

He's part of MANY problems. Let's not ignore that.

4000+ yards, ~30 TDs and ~15 ints isn't "part of the problem." Any way you spin it. And that's with the drops from his Wrs factored in. 

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The last time a Jets QB threw for more than 4K yards was 1967. The last time a Jets QB had 27 delay of game penalties in a single game was yesterday.

throwing in the high 3's to 4k isn't what it used to be.  it's almost expected in today's NFL.

i won't say it's a nothing burger, but it doesn't mean much and doesn't equate to the QB being good because of it

• Upvote 1

Pff has him as the 12th best qb in football as well.  And frankly, most qbing analysts I watch will tell you that he’s not playing that bad either (outside the Min game).   It really isn’t as bad as people are making it out to be.

I think the bigger issue isn’t his actual play in terms of reads and throws (certainly this is many times better than Zac Wilson last season), but rather the leadership issues.  The moping, the delay of games, the lack of tempo, the refusal to consider running more interesting plays.  Compare this to Brady in TB, where Tom was on the sideline firing up his team, cussing players out and learning Arians offense from scratch etc etc.  You want that in football, not the embrace the darkness types.

I think at the end of the day we got a league average qb.  We were supposed to win with that lvl of qbing, but I think its clear that football requires more than just skill.  It requires team buy in, leadership and resilience.  We have almost none of the latter, and much like previous dream teams in the NFL, its just another reminder that culture matters!  

Say what you will of Rex Ryans coaching, but his teams would run through a wall for him.  2024 Jets?  Well the best you can say is that they are collecting pay checks.

7 minutes ago, Hael said:

Pff has him as the 12th best qb in football as well.  And frankly, most qbing analysts I watch will tell you that he’s not playing that bad either (outside the Min game).   It really isn’t as bad as people are making it out to be.

I think the bigger issue isn’t his actual play in terms of reads and throws (certainly this is many times better than Zac Wilson last season), but rather the leadership issues.  The moping, the delay of games, the lack of tempo, the refusal to consider running more interesting plays.  Compare this to Brady in TB, where Tom was on the sideline firing up his team, cussing players out and learning Arians offense from scratch etc etc.  You want that in football, not the embrace the darkness types.

I think at the end of the day we got a league average qb.  We were supposed to win with that lvl of qbing, but I think its clear that football requires more than just skill.  It requires team buy in, leadership and resilience.  We have almost none of the latter, and much like previous dream teams in the NFL, its just another reminder that culture matters!  

Say what you will of Rex Ryans coaching, but his teams would run through a wall for him.  2024 Jets?  Well the best you can say is that they are collecting pay checks.

lol Jets fans "It's not enough to put up a top 3 franchise stat year. You must be a cheerleader too."

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, DJF71 said:

Not all his fault, but he is not capable of winning games for the Jets. 

he just drove the team yesterday down the field with like 4 minutes to go, on a game winning 4th QTR TD drive.

and then Sauce Gardner had something to say about that.

15 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

IMO Zuerlein has cost us 3 games. Bills, Patsies and Broncos. That would have us at 5-3. Rodgers has been playing great. He's NOT the problem. 

Rodgers himself says he needs to play better, but we are in position nearly every game to win.

6 minutes ago, gastineau_intestinal_tract said:

throwing in the high 3's to 4k isn't what it used to be.  it's almost expected in today's NFL.

i won't say it's a nothing burger, but it doesn't mean much and doesn't equate to the QB being good because of it

makes it even more amazing the Jets haven't done so since 1967.

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Vader said:

H/T NYJ Mike for the extrapolation. IIRC this would be like a top 3-5 stat line for a QB in the history of the jets. What other QB years would compare?

Just thought this was an interesting counterpoint to the season vapors.

In a 17 game season, those numbers are journeyman like. Pardon me if I’m not impressed.

He’s a statue, and a delay of game penalty waiting to happen. Not to mention in our 3 losses before yesterday’s debacle, he had the ball in his hands to win each time and failed all 3.

25 minutes ago, Vader said:

Right. The defense is Aaron Rodgers fault too. Rodgers is the guy that got spun around by a Jag in the 4th quarter on third down on a simple post route.

Rodgers is a full blown narcissist who's transcendent talent used to cover up. All that ugly stuff under the surface is coming to surface now.... 

Not everything in football is numbers. 

I do agree tho the problems the jets have are deeply systemic and with ownership mainly. It's obviously not just Rodgers. Rodgers is a symptom of deeper issues with the jets

They are not a real football program 

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

In a 17 game season, those numbers are journeyman like. Pardon me if I’m not impressed.

He’s a statue, and a delay of game penalty waiting to happen. Not to mention in our 3 losses before yesterday’s debacle, he had the ball in his hands to win each time and failed all 3.

Down by one, in the 3rd qtr, against Pittsburgh, Rodgers drops back, throws an absolutely perfectly arced ball to Garrett Wilson, for a first down, a game breaker, just over the defender's outstretched hand. it falls right into Wilson's breadbasket. Like Right between the numbers.

What happened next?

The Int which was Wilson's fault, was returned to the 1 yard line. And Pitt went up 23-15.

3 minutes ago, 98jetsoasis said:

Rodgers is a full blown narcissist who's transcendent talent used to cover up. All that ugly stuff under the surface is coming to surface now.... 

Not everything in football is numbers. 

I do agree tho the problems the jets have are deeply systemic and with ownership mainly. It's obviously not just Rodgers. Rodgers is a symptom of deeper issues with the jets

They are not a real football program 

what does anything you said have to do with Sauce Gardner giving up the game winning 3rd down conversion and looking like a pee wee in doing so?

5 minutes ago, Vader said:

Down by one, in the 3rd qtr, against Pittsburgh, Rodgers drops back, throws an absolutely perfectly arced ball to Garrett Wilson, for a first down, a game breaker, just over the defender's outstretched hand. it falls right into Wilson's breadbasket. Like Right between the numbers.

What happened next?

The Int which was Wilson's fault, was returned to the 1 yard line. And Pitt went up 23-15.

yo sperm, this nerd vader is getting out of line.  he wants to die on rodgers  hill.  time to drop the hebrew hammer......for rael

keitel.gif.f01da9b8d062157429a62096bd93c1e4.gif

• Haha 2