Jets Mt. Rushmore, you have 4 choices only

SouthernJet

I stole this from Mike/Mike show.

You have 4 choices only to put on Jets Mt. Rushmore..

I will start:

Weeb

Joe Namath

Sonny Werblin

Maynard

Hall of fame coach and 2 hall of fame players and the innovative owner and one of the AFL founding fathers

Since I go back, back, back with these hypertension Jets (thank you very much)...I'll nominate four that go back to our only SB...the most important part of this franchise up till now.

Weeb, Joe Willy, Maynard and Winston Hill. Who's Winston Hill you say? Probably more deserving to go to the HOF than Klecko. Best OT we ever had and was 8 time pro bowler...it pissse me off that this guy doesn't ever get a mention for the HOF...if he isn't protecting Joe's blind side during the late 60's...we ain't winning SB III.

NAmath, Klecko, Maynard, Grantham.

Hill, Walker, Snell, Boozer, Martin, Sauer, McNeill, Toon were all very solid players, as was Mehl, Crable, Atkinson, Rassmussen, Schmidt, Fields. I am missing some others. But these guys are not the definition of the Franchise, like the first 4 were, IMO.

Joe Namath

Don Maynard

Joe Klecko

Marvin Powell

Mt Rushmore is a Jody MacDonald thing, to give credit, where it is due.

is he still on sirius???? havent heard him in awhile....

Weeb Ewbank

Joe Namath

Don Maynard

Joe Klecko

The famous coach and the 3 guys who have their numbers retired. Martin is there if you can add a 5th.

I have to agree with these four- honorable mention to many others

He is back in Philly, where he started.

Not on WIP, though, they started a new sports talk radio station.

really...what station...i can get some philly stations on my drive home.

The 3 Locks are Weeb Ewbank, Joe Namath and Don Maynard. Those 3 have to be there. No questions asked.

That 4th spot is tricky. The argument can be made for so many different Jets over the years.

I'd go with Joe Klecko.

Namath and Maynard are no Brainers...Winston Hill and Snell/Klecko are tied for 4th...The reason I took Snell was he had 121 yds Rushing against the Number 1 rated Colt Defense in the NFL in 69..Of course he who farts dust did manage 14yds against the Bronco's in 98, but to me Snell's performance was better!!:rolleyes:

The 3 Locks are Weeb Ewbank, Joe Namath and Don Maynard. Those 3 have to be there. No questions asked.

That 4th spot is tricky. The argument can be made for so many different Jets over the years.

I'd go with Joe Klecko.

Joe Fields is #4

Archived