Bollinger "tough...in the mix" says Mangini

Fred Jetstone

Came across this Mangini interview in the Jets Confidential print mag, and thought I'd do you all the favor of sharing.

Q) DO YOU THINK CHAD PENNINGTON IS GOING TO BE THE STARTING QUARTEBACK IN SEPTEMBER?

Mangini) Everybody here is going to compete for a starting spot. They're going to compete for lots of spots. I am going to play the best players. That's what I believe in.

Q) SO DOES THAT MEAN BROOKS BOLLINGER WILL BE GIVEN A CHANCE TO COMPETE FOR THE STARTING JOB?

Mangini) I think Brooks is a tough player, and I'm excited to work with him, too. He's another guy that is in the mix, and we're going to play the best players. I think that everybody is in the competition for a starting job. Everybody is in competition to make the roster. That's how we view it philosophically.

Awesome attitude. What more could you ask?

This is the way I see the QB situation shaking down:

BOLLINGER - starter

RAMSEY - backup

CLEMMONS - 3rd string

PENNINGTON - gone

KINGSBURY - gone

You're crazy. I'm in the running for the Jets starting QB job too. I won't get it though. Just like Bolly, since he's not the best player. It's just lip service, since this coach believes in actually letting his player have a chance, instead of saying God didn't give him ability.

What he's saying is that he's not married to any one particular guy and will evaluate the best fit at camp.

This is a QB democracy, not a public relations catering-to of the haute-bourgeois 1st-round-pick type. Bring 'em all to camp and may the best man win the job.

Objectively, when you take these criteria into account, Bollinger comes out on top.

a) mobility

B) actual game experience

c) toughness (injury prone?)

d) current health

e) ability to perform under pressure

Objectively, when you take these criteria into account, Bollinger comes out on top.

a) mobility
d) current health
[/HTML]

How about adding winning games to the list? Bollinger comes out on the bottom then.

What he's saying is that he's not married to any one particular guy and will evaluate the best fit at camp.

This is a QB democracy, not a public relations catering-to of the haute-bourgeois 1st-round-pick type. Bring 'em all to camp and may the best man win the job.

a) mobility

d) current health

I notice you "objectively" left out other criteria:

f) arm strength

g) accuracy

h) actual winning game experience

i) height in the pocket

j) potential far exceeding accomplishments to date

Come on with Brooks already....he's a ticket waiting to board the bus outta here. What did you expect Mangini to say..."he doesn't have a shot". Coach isn't going to say that no matter who is on the team.

You could have asked him about anyone player on this team and you would have gotten the politically correct answer...which he gave.

a) mobility

d) current health

Since when has Bollinger played in more NFL games than Ramsey?

Mangini gave the typical everyone has equal opportunity line- let the best player win

With that Bollinger still has no shot

Mangini will feed that line for the next 4 months.

It is right out of the book of Head Coach Answers to Easy Questions.

BZ

actually could be interesting to see Brooks in a different offense with different coaches and protection.

Nice to see some objective posters here.

It will be very interesting to see him take it to the next level with D'Bollyguard protecting his left side.

Should be a once-in-decade-season coming up.

Most say Bollinger doesn't even deserve a shot and I have to wonder, if he doesn't, who does? Reality and the perception of reality are two different animals. Is reality TV real? Is M. Vick a pro bowl QB? Is the earth flat? Thanks for keeping it real Fred.

Fred Jetstone is duping everyone into thinking he is serious about Bollinger. He can't possibly be this insane.

Why has the Bollinger thread lasted this long?

Bollinger will be a coaching intern at Wisconsin before August is over!!!!

Fred Jetstone is duping everyone into thinking he is serious about Bollinger. He can't possibly be this insane.

Why has the Bollinger thread lasted this long?

Bollinger will be an coaching intern at Wisconsin before August is over!!!!

Go tell it to Miami. Bolly went 28-42, 327 yards, 2 td's against 'em.

How about New orleans 19-28, 251 yards, how about Buffalo losing to the Bollinger-led Jets 30-26.

The stats are there, Shade. All you gotta do is look 'em up!

How about New orleans 19-28, 251 yards, how about Buffalo losing to the Bollinger-led Jets 30-26.

The stats are there, Shade. All you gotta do is look 'em up!

There is No shot for Bollinger to remain on the roster. The ONLY way that Bolly stays is if one of the top three enter the season injured.

Good Luck Bollinger, thanks for being the tackling dummy last year.

LL

Screw the friggn' stats.

Does BollyWoodyWorld have a winning record in the NFL?

What has he ever done to lead his team to victory?:eek:

If they asked Mangini if Herm was a good coach he would say yes. It is called "dicking with the media". At the end of the day it doesn't mean squat.

Um, hate to quote myself, but I used dick and squat in the same post. Double word score people.

Archived