Chad Pennington

Barton

The sooner the Jets realize they are wasting their time with this guy the better off this franchise will be.

Enuff of Chad Pennington. His arm cannot get stronger after 2 surgeries.

His arm will only be as weak as last year or probably even weaker.

And I dont wanna hear sh#t about how he is a leader, accurate and has great field awareness!

That is all BS.

Accuracy? Sure, when all you do is throw short dink and dunk passes, how about accuracy on 20 yard outs, or throws down the sideline?

Field Awareness? Are you kidding me? Its not 2002 anymore! He has struggled year after year with reading defenses, and often misses wide open receivers. His awareness is average at best, and he has absolutely no clue how to slide in the poclet to buy an extra split second to complete a pass.

Leader?? Do leaders laugh on the field after a heartbreaking playoff game???

We are wasting our time on this guy! A complete waste of a training camp spot.

He's taking away snaps from QBs who actually have the skills to play in this league like Ramsey and Clemens.

Does anybody out there actually beleive a QB with a weak arm coming off 2 shoulder surgerys can lead the Jets to an 8-8 record let alone a superbowl?

Gimme a break, this guy is a complete waste of friggen time and we should just cut the fricking waste of space as soon as the clock strikes midnight!

Chad Pennington sucks and has absolutely no future on this team or any other team.

you're right. but to those still stuck in 2002, he's the savior.

the best clue was when mangini was asked recently if he had to win one game, who would he want as his qb?

the answer- joe namath. the very antithesis of ol noodle arm.

last year all i heard was how good chad looked in camp and then when we saw him he was throwing like a 12 year old girl. this year the word is that chad can't throw at all. i'll wait to see him throw in a game before making a decision, as of right now let's just wait and see before making any decisions.

The sooner the Jets realize they are wasting their time with this guy the better off this franchise will be.

And I dont wanna hear sh#t about how he is a leader, accurate and has great field awareness!

That is all BS.

Accuracy? Sure, when all you do is throw short dink and dunk passes, how about accuracy on 20 yard outs, or throws down the sideline?

Field Awareness? Are you kidding me? Its not 2002 anymore! He has struggled year after year with reading defenses, and often misses wide open receivers. His awareness is average at best, and he has absolutely no clue how to slide in the poclet to buy an extra split second to complete a pass.

He's taking away snaps from QBs who actually have the skills to play in this league like Ramsey and Clemens.

Does anybody out there actually beleive a QB with a weak arm coming off 2 shoulder surgerys can lead the Jets to an 8-8 record let alone a superbowl?

Gimme a break, this guy is a complete waste of friggen time and we should just cut the fricking waste of space as soon as the clock strikes midnight!

Chad Pennington sucks and has absolutely no future on this team or any other team.

A complete waste of space ,time and money.

That is all BS.

You area a moron, and for those that went to Saturday's practice, like I did, they'd all agree, that after Pennington's perfomance yesterday, absolutely makes you look like a fool.

You area a moron, and for those that went to Saturday's practice, like I did, they'd all agree, that after Pennington's perfomance yesterday, absolutely makes you look like a fool.

Who gives a flying sh#t what he did in a practice??

Have you seen him play in the games the last couple years? He sucks, and the surgerys will just make him worse.

He's done. This team will only be delaying the inevitable by wasting 1st team reps on this bum.

How many 25 yard outs did Pennington zip into to the wide receiver? Probably NONE because he never has, and never will be able to. It doesnt matter if he can throw a 40 yard completion, or a nice 15-20 yard pass here and there, the guy is a loser of a QB and he's completely SHOT. Only a moron could not see this.

I don't know if any QB in the NFL period can lead the Jets to an 8-8 record this year.

Chad Pennington may very well be finished but look at the alternatives. Brooks Bollinger stinks. Kellen Clemens is Brooks Bollinger with a little bit better arm and will be a career back-up. We passed up Matt Leinart in the draft.

The smart thing to do would be to try to lock up Patrick Ramsey to a long-term deal. The guy is a decent starter who could be a good if the Jets got him someone to throw to and if he had a legit RB to hand off to. Unfortunately, the Jets have neither.

Chad Pennington may very well be finished but look at the alternatives. Brooks Bollinger stinks. Kellen Clemens is Brooks Bollinger with a little bit better arm and will be a career back-up. We passed up Matt Leinart in the draft.

The smart thing to do would be to try to lock up Patrick Ramsey to a long-term deal. The guy is a decent starter who could be a good if the Jets got him someone to throw to and if he had a legit RB to hand off to. Unfortunately, the Jets have neither.

Matt Leinart is over-rated. The only reason why he may have earlier success then Clemens is because of the weapons he's been given on offense in Bolden, Fitzgerald and James.

Great post Barton, and you are 100% on target with your analysis.

The Jets should place PennyBoy on IR before the end of training camp and then cut his sorry a$$ before he is due his March 1st roster bonus.

Let Ramsey start the season and play through the bye week.

Start Clemens after the bye week and let him play through the end of the year.

Then the Jets will start the 2007 season with a franchise QB.

The Jets should place PennyBoy on IR before the end of training camp and then cut his sorry a$$ before he is due his March 1st roster bonus.

I completely agree with everything you just posted. Good Job.:cheers:

I agree 100%.

hey the Junk Yard Dog showed up-welcome Ray

ya know, everyone Loves Pennington when he's not Hurt. People get hurt. Herm played him to soon last year! and then threw him back in after he was already hurt, wich probably tore his rotator cuff again. Herms gone.. if pennington starts the season, then He won the Job. and if that happens then let the man play football! if he gets hurt again cut him.. but don't take the mans job away just becos he got hurt. he's worked his ass off all winter and spring for just a chance to play for the new york jets, Our football team! he's doing everything people ask of him, took a pay cut! now would the 50% of u that work at mcdonalds take a pay cut? go from 5.50 an hour to 3.00? I doubt that. he's done everything he can to help the TEAM. everything is new, let the man have a fresh start. Get off his back, cheer him on. I know New York is greedy, for god sakes A-rod gets booooed for hitting a single!

Chad goes out there every sunday and plays his heart out for us, even went in to early last year risking his carrer to help us win. and what do we do? Turn our backs on him, Like he's a piece of trash. most of u should be ashamed of yourselves! the guy is human.

ya know, everyone Loves Pennington when he's not Hurt. People get hurt. Herm played him to soon last year! and then threw him back in after he was already hurt, wich probably tore his rotator cuff again. Herms gone.. if pennington starts the season, then He won the Job. and if that happens then let the man play football! if he gets hurt again cut him.. but don't take the mans job away just becos he got hurt. he's worked his ass off all winter and spring for just a chance to play for the new york jets, Our football team! he's doing everything people ask of him, took a pay cut! now would the 50% of u that work at mcdonalds take a pay cut? go from 5.50 an hour to 3.00? I doubt that. he's done everything he can to help the TEAM. everything is new, let the man have a fresh start. Get off his back, cheer him on. I know New York is greedy, for god sakes A-rod gets booooed for hitting a single!

Chad goes out there every sunday and plays his heart out for us, even went in to early last year risking his carrer to help us win. and what do we do? Turn our backs on him, Like he's a piece of trash. most of u should be ashamed of yourselves! the guy is human.

Is this team trying to raise money for the handicapped, or are we trying to win football games?

Who gives a damn if he played with a torn rotator cuff 2yrs ago, today is today and Chad is not worth a damn as a QB in this league anymore.

well i guess u know more about chad then the medical staff, the coaches and the owners.. wow maybe u should send them a memo.. maybe u could get a job with the team! seeing that you know all.

ya know if u don't like our quaterback, why don't u find a new team to complain about?

but don't take the mans job away just becos he got hurt. he's worked his ass off all winter and spring for just a chance to play for the new york jets, Our football team! he's doing everything people ask of him, took a pay cut! now would the 50% of u that work at mcdonalds take a pay cut? go from 5.50 an hour to 3.00? I doubt that. he's done everything he can to help the TEAM. everything is new, let the man have a fresh start.

Even Pennington's harshest critics here willfully admit the guy has nads the size of watermelons. Tough guys can be fragile and fragile guys can be tough.

Regarding your salary story/analogy:

- Taking that pay cut in March was hardly for the team. It was in Chad's best interest for Chad. NO ONE was going to give him a contract until he displayed no ill-effects. That was not the case in March and no matter how much he believed in himself, even he knew there was no guarantee he'd ever be in game-shape again. Few teams have room on their roster for a seven-figure QB who maybe can't ever throw again. The Jets were in that position because paying Chad a cool million was actually a cap SAVINGS.

- Chad has already pocked WELL over $20 MILLION from the Jets. Drawing an analogy between him and a minimum-wage worker who flips burgers at McDonald's is silliness. Pennington has incentive clauses in his contract where if he plays all 16 games, at the level expected when he was given his contract, then he won't lose a dime. If not, why are you shedding a tear for this gazillionaire eating up the Jets' cap space? You don't doom a franchise for 1-2 years as a "thank you" for the guy playing a few games while injured (losing half those games anyway and in his biggest game ever, could not move the Jets down the field - we probably had a better chance with him on the bench). Willis Reed he was not.

last year all i heard was how good chad looked in camp and then when we saw him he was throwing like a 12 year old girl. this year the word is that chad can't throw at all. i'll wait to see him throw in a game before making a decision, as of right now let's just wait and see before making any decisions.

IN camp last year he seemed like someone who was holding back. I never saw him air it out once. I am really interested to see what his workload is this camp. Especially once the preseason games start!

well i can't argue with u there sperm, yeah I know it was pretty much take the pay cut or walk. i just don't like to admit it. I've read a ton of your post over the last year, I gotta say your one of the most intelligent jets fan I've seen.. so i don't dare try to get in a debate over football with you..

I just Like the guy and the way he plays 100% heart every down, I know he's been hurt, I just want to see him get one more chance, i believe in treating people right. he's faught so hard to come back, it'd be a shame to shut the door on his dreams.

well i can't argue with u there sperm, yeah I know it was pretty much take the pay cut or walk. i just don't like to admit it. I've read a ton of your post over the last year, I gotta say your one of the most intelligent jets fan I've seen.. so i don't dare try to get in a debate over football with you..

I just Like the guy and the way he plays 100% heart every down, I know he's been hurt, I just want to see him get one more chance, i believe in treating people right. he's faught so hard to come back, it'd be a shame to shut the door on his dreams.

I think that is exactly what mangini is doing- giving Chad the chance to show he can be the starter with no guarantees. I may be naive but I believe it when he says the best player will be the starter. Personally I think it is between Chad and Ramsey- Clemens I doubt they were throw him out there as the starter right away as a rookie and Bollinger does not figure into it as the long term starter

Hey I know where you're coming from & if we were all allowed a Jets fantasy it would be with them winning a SB with Chad behind center, coming back from TWO shoulder reconstructions and proving the world wrong in Namath-esque fashion. Behind all the smarmy comments, I desire to see this as well.

But reality must sink in.

He doesn't, right now, have the arm he used to. It was never a strong arm (by NFL standards) since he was made the starter. It will affect strategy and playcalling. Our offense becomes too easy to defend. Dumpoff passes that could otherwise be taken 20-30 yards will be stopped dead after 4-6 yds. Draw plays that should yield 15 yards will be losses. You can't keep the defense honest without a TRUE threat to do damage in the secondary. And despite Hackett & Edwards' backwards thinking, lofting a 40-yard incompletion once a game does not keep the defense truly honest.

In this regard, I don't really fault Chad. He can only throw the ball as far or as hard as he can. But if someone else can do it better, then someone else should be playing instead.

Matt Leinart is over-rated. The only reason why he may have earlier success then Clemens is because of the weapons he's been given on offense in Bolden, Fitzgerald and James.

Why do you even bother still responding to this dickwad? He's just here to bitch and moan about not taking Leinart, and he's been doing it for 3 months. If we stop paying attention to it there's a chance he may stop being annoying and stupid.

Why do you even bother still responding to this dickwad? He's just here to bitch and moan about not taking Leinart, and he's been doing it for 3 months. If we stop paying attention to it there's a chance he may stop being annoying and stupid.

Just wait til the season starts. I'll love sh*tting on you guys even more then.

As for Chad, when healthy, he is our best QB by far and I hope he comes back from the torn rotator cuff though it probably won't happen.

He is a piece of trash, as evidence by his pathetic 3-13 record against good defensive teams.

Why do you continue to think this loser (who is now 30-years old) will ever do anything for the Jets in big games situations?

He is a piece of trash, as evidence by his pathetic 3-13 record against good defensive teams.

Why do you continue to think this loser (who is now 30-years old) will ever do anything for the Jets in big games situations?

Nothing like stirring up the masses here TX. While I'll agree that Pennington has not lived up to his expectations as a franchise QB, he is far from a piece of trash.

Let's reserve the term "trash" for some thug.

Nothing like stirring up the masses here TX. While I'll agree that Pennington has not lived up to his expectations as a franchise QB, he is far from a piece of trash.

Agreed.

While we're on the subject, I believe the Patsies have an out of shape ex con on their roster. Talk about trash!

Leave the Poor Soul alone. Its one of those days where they have

locked him in the basement so he's a little irritable.

Archived