Pittsburgh- Miami- state your pick in public

faba

I woke up this morning with that "Are you ready for some football?" song in my head. It won't go away. Excellent. Today it starts. This is better than Christmas for me.

I can't recall a line going from 6.5 to Pick before. Is everybody forgetting the Pittsburgh D? I've already taken the Fish at +3.5 this week. But straight up and at home, I gotta go Steelers.

National game- opening game even with backup QB Steelers win

Where the hell is all this love juice coming from for the Phins?

Hell, even Nick Ferraro has them going 12-4.:eek:

The Phins are a "soft" football team in the trenches. Soft football teams do not win consistently in the NFL.

The Steelers will show them tonight what physical football is all about. Steelers will dominate on both sides of the ball and win easily.

The passing game in a run first team is down....that means a team set up for the run will run even more and the Defence is only missing 2 people from last year. I think the fins will still have a tough time but if someone is going to beat the steelers the best time is now with Ben down for the first couple games.

17-10 Steelers

wow..i agree with TX...whats with all the love for the phins...:character42:

steelers will win..by DEFENCE and RUNNING GAME...

willie parker will kill miamis defence..

24-10 stillers...

god i hate both teams..

You said it. But the Dolphins are in the division so my homerism wants them to be pounded. Realistically (or maybe hopefully), I'm seeing 20-17 Steelers....

Everyone loves Miami for the way they finished last year.

I don't see how SI picks them to represent the AFC in Super Bowl when there are probably 5 if not more teams that have a better shot then the fish.

I see a QB coming back from having his knee destroyed last year, a defense that is not only soft but its main components are getting just a tad long in the tooth. (Taylor, Thomas)

If Big Ben was playing I would say the Steelers romp. Tonight though I'm going to take the Steelers who should be able to pound the ball in a defensive battle.

14-9 Steelers.

HAH, I remember when Charlie Batch played his first televised win with the Lions. His Mom was screeching all over the place, "My son,Charlie! My son, Charlie!" I forget who they were playing now...Anyway, I hope his Mom is doing the same thing tonight. I hate the Steelers, but I have to go with them as to our division. Besides, the Dolphins make me fit to puke as a matter of principle.

Steelers 24

Dolphins 17

I think the Steelers are over-rated. Think back to the SB. They only won because the Seahawks sucked worse that day. Big Ben's 19% passer rating was a thing of beauty.:rolleyes:

I think the Dolphins are over-rated. They think they finally have a QB, ....yet the O-line is still suspect.

Its a toss up. I say the crowd hysteria and circus atmosphere gets the best of the chumps - ooops, champs. As much as I loathe to pick them - Miami wins by 3.

I think the Steelers are over-rated. Think back to the SB. They only won because the Seahawks sucked worse that day. Big Ben's 19% passer rating was a thing of beauty.:rolleyes:

I think the Dolphins are over-rated. They think they finally have a QB, ....yet the O-line is still suspect.

Its a toss up. I say the crowd hysteria and circus atmosphere gets the best of the chumps - ooops, champs. As much as I loathe to pick them - Miami wins by 3.

Bull****

You just hate the steelers

WOW....i agree...:eek::eek::eek:

Steelers won that game because of the zebras, not because of the sucking Seahags.

I hate to say it, but if the Pats had won a Super Bowl in that matter, we would still have a thread open bitching about it. At least the tuck rule was in the divisional playoffs. The Steelers had a Super Bowl HANDED to them by the officials. At least the Pats beat St. Louis fair and square.

Steelers won that game because of the zebras, not because of the sucking Seahags.

I hate to say it, but if the Pats had won a Super Bowl in that matter, we would still have a thread open bitching about it. At least the tuck rule was in the divisional playoffs. The Steelers had a Super Bowl HANDED to them by the officials. At least the Pats beat St. Louis fair and square.

I think the Seahawks blew it, regardless of the calls.

The Steelers were a 10-6 wildcard team for farks sake that had to win 3 road playoff games to reach the SB. Seattle had a week off and then two easy home games.

Seattle had everything handed to them on a platter and blew it.

FYI: After the snow bowl the Pats still had to beat a 13-3 Steelers team in Pittsburgh with Drew Bledsoe on the field for 2 1/2 quarters! That was more of a shock to me than beating St. Louis.

steelers trail by 2 with 2 minutes to go. big ben is transported to the field via medivac and starts drive on his own 28 yard line. with 3rd and 7 to go, he bootlegs off tackle. incredibly, his wound eviscerates from his physical efforts, and part of his right colon drops along the right hashmark. hines ward, trailing the play, slips on roethlisberger's intestine, and has a career ending concussion. ben, turning now to his left, trips over ward and fumbles the football. aj duhey scoops it up, prances past richard todd and walt michaels (is he dead, by the way?), and scores the nail in the coffin TD.

Archived