Tuesday's Hermisms - yay!!!

Sperm Edwards

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/chiefs/2006-09-12-green-hospital_x.htm

KANSAS CITY, Mo. (AP) — Even Lia Edwards is beginning to think that wherever her husband goes, something bad happens to quarterbacks.

She said, 'Before you married me, in that life you were living, you did something bad to somebody,' " Edwards quipped Tuesday.:shock:

"In life," he said, "what we do is in the toy department.":shock:

"If the people went to watch the Kansas City Chiefs play, that's the same offense they watched for the last five years," Edwards said.:rl:

As far as Sunday's game, he said: "Shifts, motion — we threw the ball more than we ran it, which I hate, because generally when you do that you're going to lose the game.":yawn:

Meanwhile, both Edwards and general manager Carl Peterson said they didn't know anything about a news conference retired left tackle Willie Roaf is planning to hold Thursday. Edwards shrugged, joking that perhaps the 11-time Pro Bowler who retired so abruptly was in town for some barbecue.:shock:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2585000

"Players get hurt in this league and it's important not to rush him back. Every organization understands that. We have to make sure Trent is OK, that's the most important part," Edwards said.:shock:

Herm’s podcast:

http://content.scout.com/a.z?s=115&p=3&blipid=14889

When your idea of getting OL talent is to draft Marco Cvaka or to sign Crazy Kyle Turley off the street, QBs are going to get hurt. But hey, at least KC now has DBs and DL players around the NFL at full employment with fat wallets. Ty Law-again-GREAT! Come the 2nd half when KC's down 2 TDs and the opposition is running the clock out, a top-priced old CB will be of little use. ANd then Edwards can crow about his great pass defense, ranked tops in the FC, BECAUSE WHY BOTHER PASSING WHEN YOU'RE UPAGAINST KC BY 2 TDS IN THE 2ND HALF!. Tell us again, Lia Jensen, about how poorly-ranked Mangini's defense is.

I HATE THIS LOSER MFER!

What's that thang 'round my neck?

hermvaflavys4.jpg

At some point, before getting hired by Al Davis-

Herm_in_five_years.jpg

It's Christmas time in the AFC West-except in KC.

hermiethexmaspoo-1.jpg

DUH!

stupidityhn9.jpg

Training camp is in session!

http://jetnation.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=131&d=1157733438

Bye, Trent Green! Who needs an offensive line anyway?We got Ty Law, who's 135 years old!

http://jetnation.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=137&d=1157733722

Another classic from coach BBQ

Why was there miscommunication last game? Why did Mike Solari not know what down it was and where the ball was marked? Does that bother you?

EDWARDS: "No, it doesn't bother me because a lot of things can happen in a football game. The one thing I do know is that it was the first quarter. You know what I think is crazy about this deal? Let's say it was a pass and not a run and we didn't make the first down. It's not a guarantee that because of the play we ran, if it was a pass, we'd get a first down or score. People say that. You give me a play that I know that I can run right now and score a touchdown"

Another classic from coach BBQ

Why was there miscommunication last game? Why did Mike Solari not know what down it was and where the ball was marked? Does that bother you?

EDWARDS: "No, it doesn't bother me because a lot of things can happen in a football game. The one thing I do know is that it was the first quarter. You know what I think is crazy about this deal? Let's say it was a pass and not a run and we didn't make the first down. It's not a guarantee that because of the play we ran, if it was a pass, we'd get a first down or score. People say that. You give me a play that I know that I can run right now and score a touchdown"

Tell me you are making this **** up.

When you're this effin' dumb, it's almost not fair to make sport of you-

"Q: Did you know that Willie Roaf was in town? Have you talked to him?

EDWARDS: "No, but I heard that he's in town. He must be here for barbecue or something."

ALMOST.

This is the one that bothers me. It shows his typical lack of understanding of the game. You generally don't win when you pass more than you run. That's because when you are losing you pass more. It doesn't mean that teams with good passing games should stop passing. I can just see him looking at the stats and saying: "But we ran more than we passed, why didn't we win?"

Edwards is from the "Theissmann school of if you run the ball 35+ times or for over 100 yards, you win". He's sees the byproduct of winning football-running the ball a lot late in the game to run the clock out-as the reason for winning rather than an outcome. So he takes the easy way out and hands the ball off mindlessly no matter the down, distance, or score. And in 5 years here, that dumba$$ thought process never changed. Like the Dusty Baker quote-he doesn't have a clue as to what winning football looks like.

I'm SERIOUS WTF does he MEAN by that?

We didn't see the whole discussoin but looking at that makes me think maybe somebody asked a question in reference to 9/11 where Herm was trying to put in in perspective and just used a Hermism instead of saying what most people say which is usually "things like that make football seem trivial." Think about it, in the grand scheme of things...football is what gives adults that feeling you had as a kid with a new toy. How many times have we seen people say the day before the season that going to bed makes it feel like Christmas eve.

Now if Herm used that statement in any other context, it can not be defended.

It took all of 1 game for him to split the fan base-

http://www.chiefshuddle.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21010

This is good stuff, it looks like this board last year. The best part is Herm claiming that he did not call one play and seems to be preparing Solari for the old "under the bus" routine. I'm glad that idiot isn't here anymore. I've just come to the conclusion that the Jets will finish with a better record than the Chiefs.

"It ain't my fault. I was led to believe I could do absolutely nothing and have the #1 offense in the NFL":

"But you’re right. I fell for the trap. I fell in love with this great offense."

"We turned the ball over – this great offense we’ve got."

"which I hate."

these are just 3 of my favorite quotes from this interview. he's acting as if we're all idiots for believeing that the offense is/was capable. like you're seeing the big picture Herm and we've all just been led like sheep for the past 5 years? Guess what, training camp is over. You can stop trying to make the D feel special now and start doing your job as HEAD COACH.

This one sounds eerily like Hermapologists' famous "It's not Herm -- it's Hackett" garbage we heard for 4 years.

Everyone should also take from that conference that Herm didnt even call a single play that day. All the plays came from Solari. I think it was a big learning experince for the guy. He needs to get the run going theres no doubt about that. Larry Johnson was busting out 18 yard runs and thats somthing you just cant ignore. Lets hope Solari can get better with the play calling and we fix this oline by the time Trent comes back.

And Herm's "it was anyone's fault but my own" stuff has taken all of 1 week to rear its head down there (actually it appeared in pre-season but I don't want to nitpick):

What upset me is that Herm made sure the media knew it wasn't HIS FAULT... he went on a f**king 10 minute rant that really amounts to a 10 minutes "it's all mike solari's fault' session.

Piss poor leadership if I ever saw it. Way to go Herm.. it's not your fault at all... blameless as always, just like in New York.

I said my biggest problem was how he blames everyone and tosses everyoen and anyone under the bus to keep his image from being tarnished.

How can we have a winning team with a leader like that? How can our coaches coach with confidence if they know Herm is going to point fingers in the media any time they make a mistake?

I feel so bad for these fans.

It took all of 1 game for him to split the fan base-

http://www.chiefshuddle.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21010

good link, those KC fans are smarter than i thought-- took some people on this board 5 years to realize this (those crowing about 3 playoff appearances in 5 years) and some still haven't (ahem, jensen):

"This stuff is all similar to that one quote from pre-season that I referenced about how he won't be talked into gambling again. For all of Marty's chokes, and DV's utterly defenseless teams, I never felt like we had to win in spite of them. With Herm, I do. The battles may have been equally as challenging but I never felt like, as a fan, that I was a burden to the head coach. Herm truly makes me feel that way for rooting for the team and hoping that we play a certain way. HATE is such a strong word."

good link, those KC fans are smarter than i thought-- took some people on this board 5 years to realize this (those crowing about 3 playoff appearances in 5 years) and some still haven't (ahem, jensen):

"This stuff is all similar to that one quote from pre-season that I referenced about how he won't be talked into gambling again. For all of Marty's chokes, and DV's utterly defenseless teams, I never felt like we had to win in spite of them. With Herm, I do. The battles may have been equally as challenging but I never felt like, as a fan, that I was a burden to the head coach. Herm truly makes me feel that way for rooting for the team and hoping that we play a certain way. HATE is such a strong word."

man, that hits it on head, ,with Jets when we won it almost always seemed as though we won despite Herm not becuase of Herm

just posted this in the KC Huddle

Big time Jet Fan and I'm sorry your GM fell for this "Turd" and actually give us a 4th rounder for him.

We all felt that the Jets should give Chefs a 1st rounder taking the ****roach....

He has already inferred that you fans are as dumb as a bag of rocks!!

This is the same KC O as the fans have seen for the last 5 years

I really feel bad 4 u guys and especially Brodie Croyle!!!!

Well you will have at least 2 wins this year as you play the raiders, maybe 2-14 will help

rid yourselve of Peterson and his ****roach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just posted this in the KC Huddle

Big time Jet Fan and I'm sorry your GM fell for this "Turd" and actually give us a 4th rounder for him.

We all felt that the Jets should give Chefs a 1st rounder taking the ****roach....

He has already inferred that you fans are as dumb as a bag of rocks!!

This is the same KC O as the fans have seen for the last 5 years

I really feel bad 4 u guys and especially Brodie Croyle!!!!

Well you will have at least 2 wins this year as you play the raiders, maybe 2-14 will help

rid yourselve of Peterson and his ****roach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got banned at chiefsplanet on my 1st post,,

it was mild, i cant even remember,,, cant get to site,, haha,,

i suspect u will be banned very sson

We didn't see the whole discussoin but looking at that makes me think maybe somebody asked a question in reference to 9/11 where Herm was trying to put in in perspective and just used a Hermism instead of saying what most people say which is usually "things like that make football seem trivial." Think about it, in the grand scheme of things...football is what gives adults that feeling you had as a kid with a new toy. How many times have we seen people say the day before the season that going to bed makes it feel like Christmas eve.

Now if Herm used that statement in any other context, it can not be defended.

I think the football is in the toy department quote was in response to questions about Trent Green's health. I believe he was saying that Green's health was more important than the game.

I also have to give the KC fans alot of respect for picking it up so quick. In September of 2001, the voices on Jets boards were few and far between that were critical of Herm. And those fans were ostracised and ridiculed, told to "suck it up".

WELL SUCK THIS!

I think also the Chiefs fans dont have the obfuscation of saying he's "learning on the job" since he's been a HC for 5 years. Having said that, if KC was Herm's first coaching job, I doubt that 3 years down the road the KC faithful would still be saying "He needs time to learn the job" or would be encouraged by him getting a contract extension. Also, I doubt Herm would be writing books with a Chiefs beat writer, who would then conspire with a webmaster to be Herm's propaganda machine.

I think the football is in the toy department quote was in response to questions about Trent Green's health. I believe he was saying that Green's health was more important than the game.

Makes sense...I figured it had to be a question about something that was "real life" as opposed to "the game" that would get an answer like this.

Archived