Would the Cubs take Arod for Carlos Zambrano?

Green Jets & Ham

Why the hell would a THIRD BASEMAN who is coming off a carrer season when his value will NEVER be higher pass up free agentcy and a long term/ big money contract when he has the chance? That makes ZERO sense.

Mike - ARam may have had decent numbers this year - but anybody paid to make these decisions will be quick to note that he did dickfist when there was anything to play for. His head popped out of his ass after Baker had skillfully guided the Northsiders to sub .500 baseball. When the club needed him (like the day D Lee went down and everyday after till it was a lost cause) he was busy mis-judging pop-ups, grounding out to 3rd, having little twitches in his back, and striking out. All the while his manager was slapping him on the rump saying "it's cool m'man, you'll get'em sooner or later, you're a stone groove"

I almost hope he stays in Cub blue in the event we get a manager who might help him through some of his more challenging times.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mike - ARam may have had decent numbers this year - but anybody paid to make these decisions will be quick to note that he did dickfist when there was anything to play for. His head popped out of his ass after Baker had skillfully guided the Northsiders to sub .500 baseball. When the club needed him (like the day D Lee went down and everyday after till it was a lost cause) he was busy mis-judging pop-ups, grounding out to 3rd, having little twitches in his back, and striking out. All the while his manager was slapping him on the rump saying "it's cool m'man, you'll get'em sooner or later, you're a stone groove"

I almost hope he stays in Cub blue in the event we get a manager who might help him through some of his more challenging times.

When you are a 3B with 38 homers and 120 RBI's and an over 930 OPS i doubt any of that other stuff will matter to any number of teams lining up to sign him.

I definitely hope Aramis stays. He needs to show he can stay healthy though. He just can't play well through lingering injuries, he has shown us that much.

Okay, but they need to throw in

Ramirez

and a reliever

and a few kids

Dude, this is ARod

They can't throw in Ramriez he's gonna be a FA. The yankees could sign him if they wanted...

Arod for zambrano is a fair deal. You're getting a 25 year old LEGIT ace. You can count on one hand the number of pitchers in baseball that are better then him.

Okay, but they need to throw in

Ramirez

and a reliever

and a few kids

Dude, this is ARod

Now THAT is what I call a retarded trade proposal.

You bash Ham, then you come back with that complete garbage?

Tell you what, if you want Zambrano without using ARod, it will take:

Cano

Matsui

and Proctor

and a few kids

Why would the Marlins trade Cabrera for Arod? Cabrera is a better player and alot younger and cheaper. Thats definetly not happening, ever.

Hey, its a rumor that I heard. I'm sure it's unsubstantiated, but that would be a huge trade for both teams. I think ARod would be a great player in Miami -- playing at home and under the media radar. Cabrera would thrive in NY.

Matsui for a young arm? Who would give a good young arm for him? I dont see that happening either.

I don't know if they'd give a young arm for him, but Seattle is looking for a power-hitting corner outfielder, and they ****ing LOVE Japanese superstars.

Now THAT is what I call a retarded trade proposal.

You bash Ham, then you come back with that complete garbage?

Tell you what, if you want Zambrano without using ARod, it will take:

Cano

Matsui

and Proctor

and a few kids

Those are 3 players who are going NOWHERE. Arod is the big trade chip.

I know that. I was just trying to come up with a trade proposal as ludicrous as the one JonE made.

Ludicrus is trading an everyday player in his prime, for one that pitches once every 5 days

Troll, take your BS elsewhere....you story os getting old

Hey, its a rumor that I heard. I'm sure it's unsubstantiated, but that would be a huge trade for both teams. I think ARod would be a great player in Miami -- playing at home and under the media radar. Cabrera would thrive in NY.

I don't know if they'd give a young arm for him, but Seattle is looking for a power-hitting corner outfielder, and they ****ing LOVE Japanese superstars.

Where did you hear this rumor? Yankee fans always think there's a quick fix right around the corner.

AGAIN: Arod and Matsui were given no trade clauses in their contracts.

I must be an idiot for wondering how Torre staying equates to A-Rod leaving, but please enlighten me, oh great armchair GM.

because it was pretty clear that torre was fed up with arod from the way he batted him 6th then 8th in the playoffs. also one of the reasons why piniella would've been brought in would be to take advantage of his good relationship with arod.

because it was pretty clear that torre was fed up with arod from the way he batted him 6th then 8th in the playoffs. also one of the reasons why piniella would've been brought in would be to take advantage of his good relationship with arod.

The playoffs aren't even over yet. There's no way to know whether or not Torre will be back yet. Furthermore, just because Torre doesn't like A-Rod does not mean he is gone, either. Torre probably has 1-2 years left in Yankee pinstripes at most, so it wouldn't be his decision. A-Rod still has several years left on his contract, and zero teams want to pay him the money the Yankees do AND give up an ace starting pitcher.

The playoffs aren't even over yet. There's no way to know whether or not Torre will be back yet. Furthermore, just because Torre doesn't like A-Rod does not mean he is gone, either. Torre probably has 1-2 years left in Yankee pinstripes at most, so it wouldn't be his decision. A-Rod still has several years left on his contract, and zero teams want to pay him the money the Yankees do AND give up an ace starting pitcher.
Wrong on 2 counts. First of all we know 100% that torre will be back. Second Arod's remaining contract 4 year 66 million is VERY reasonable in this market and if the yankees put him on the market there will be teams lining up to trade for him.

Wrong on 2 counts. First of all we know 100% that torre will be back. Second Arod's remaining contract 4 year 66 million is VERY reasonable in this market and if the yankees put him on the market there will be teams lining up to trade for him.

$16.5 million per year is not reasonable for a team trying to "get rid" of him. Every GM who "lines up" for A-Rod will all ask the following question: If A-Rod is so good (supposedly a G.O.A.T candidate), and the Yankees have plenty of money to afford him, then why are you actively trying to trade him?

As Brian Cashman, how would you answer this question, and exactly why would other teams feel the need to give up their best starting pitcher and more for him?

$16.5 million per year is not reasonable for a team trying to "get rid" of him. Every GM who "lines up" for A-Rod will all ask the following question: If A-Rod is so good (supposedly a G.O.A.T candidate), and the Yankees have plenty of money to afford him, then why are you actively trying to trade him?

As Brian Cashman, how would you answer this question, and exactly why would other teams feel the need to give up their best starting pitcher and more for him?

GM's don't opperate l i ke idiot message board posters. Cashman won't have to answer any questions like that. Teams know who arod is and what he brings to the table. they also know the events that went on here and why arod would be getting shopped around.

GM's don't opperate l i ke idiot message board posters. Cashman won't have to answer any questions like that. Teams know who arod is and what he brings to the table. they also know the events that went on here and why arod would be getting shopped around.

I'm not saying they'll literally ask that. I'm saying that you can't have it both ways. You can't be desperately trying to get rid of A-Rod due to his lackluster playoff performances and big contract, then expect to get superstars in return.

I'm not saying they'll literally ask that. I'm saying that you can't have it both ways. You can't be desperately trying to get rid of A-Rod due to his lackluster playoff performances and big contract, then expect to get superstars in return.
again not true. players get traded all the time for a change of surroundings and the numbers of teams that would want arod will allow the yankees to get somthing of value back.

Torre's newfound skill-turning servicable and star palyers into crap. Soriano to A-rod to crap, given how Torre devalued him. trading A-rod now gets the Yankees very little of use in return except salary relief, whcih they don't really need. And it's how you go from Ted Lilly and Jose Contreras to Big Eunuch, Wrong and Lil'Carly. You cannot keep turning valuable assets into lesser value assets simply because the manager, who isn't a tactical genius to begin with, doesn't like them.

there will be teams lining up to trade for him.

Wishful thinking.

A-rod has a total no-trade clause, meaning he gets to shoose where he ultimately goes.

That extremely limits the Yankees prospects, and puts them beholden to him. This is not an auction. A-Rod calls the shots, not the yankees. That decreases their leverage. TREMENDOUSLY.

Wishful thinking.

A-rod has a total no-trade clause, meaning he gets to shoose where he ultimately goes.

That extremely limits the Yankees prospects, and puts them beholden to him. This is not an auction. A-Rod calls the shots, not the yankees. That decreases their leverage. TREMENDOUSLY.

Its not wishful thinking.

Arod is not dumb. He knows its best for his career if he leaves.

Teams will be lining up to trade for him, doesnt mean he'll waive his no trade clause, but there will be plenty of teams offering up good players and great prospects.

Its not wishful thinking.

Arod is not dumb. He knows its best for his career if he leaves.

Teams will be lining up to trade for him, doesnt mean he'll waive his no trade clause, but there will be plenty of teams offering up good players and great prospects.

AROD is not going to be traded to a city he does not want to play in. READ-MAKE himself marketable.

Teams can line up all they want (Yeah, Right), but that moves the Yankees no closer to a trade.

As I've said on this issue before, time will tell.

One side can say he's got a ton of value while the other side says no way.

IMO, A-Rod is doing what A-Rod does. He's trying to say the right thing and make it look like he's the good guy. "I want to be a Yankee". Personally, I don't buy it. I don't see why he would want to stay in a city where he is clearly no longer wanted. Playing out of position, and making a name for himself as one of the biggest post-season chokers ever. I personally think that the guy will be willing to go just about anywhere as long as he's getting paid, he can go back to playing SS, and the fans will welcome him. Probably only a few teams he'd refuse to go to. Again, this is JMO and we'll know in time who had it right.

As I've said on this issue before, time will tell.

One side can say he's got a ton of value while the other side says no way.

IMO, A-Rod is doing what A-Rod does. He's trying to say the right thing and make it look like he's the good guy. "I want to be a Yankee". Personally, I don't buy it. I don't see why he would want to stay in a city where he is clearly no longer wanted. Playing out of position, and making a name for himself as one of the biggest post-season chokers ever. I personally think that the guy will be willing to go just about anywhere as long as he's getting paid, he can go back to playing SS, and the fans will welcome him. Probably only a few teams he'd refuse to go to. Again, this is JMO and we'll know in time who had it right.

How many teams did he allow to be listed when Texas was looking to trade him?

The Cubs arn't that stupid to trade away one of the best young pitchers in the game for an over-rated SS / 3B who chokes everytime he's in a clutch situation / playoffs.

Wait, maybe they would, he's perfect for their franchise.

Arod would THRIVE in chicago. He would never be booed there.

Got a feeling that A-Rod will get booed everywhere he goes.

Hasn't done himself any favors

Especially when he left Seattle.

Said it wasn't about the 250 mil

Just wanted to play on a winning team.

:P

The Texas Rangers

How many teams did he allow to be listed when Texas was looking to trade him?

I honestly can't tell you. Trying to compare his current situation to anything in the past is pointless IMO. He's never been in this type of situation before and IMO the guy isn't crazy about staying where he's not wanted so that he can continue to fail in the post season and play mediocre defense at 3B. Again, this is all my opinion and I can be dead wrong. A-Rod might be on the phone right now telling his agent to get him a ten year extension with the Yankees. I just doubt it. As this unfolds we'll see what happens.

If and when he is traded however, I have no doubt that unless the Yankees get Johan Santana and Francisco Liriano, every single Yankee hater on this board will be laughing it up saying that he was given up for peanuts.

I honestly can't tell you. Trying to compare his current situation to anything in the past is pointless IMO. He's never been in this type of situation before and IMO the guy isn't crazy about staying where he's not wanted so that he can continue to fail in the post season and play mediocre defense at 3B. Again, this is all my opinion and I can be dead wrong. A-Rod might be on the phone right now telling his agent to get him a ten year extension with the Yankees. I just doubt it. As this unfolds we'll see what happens.

If and when he is traded however, I have no doubt that unless the Yankees get Johan Santana and Francisco Liriano, every single Yankee hater on this board will be laughing it up saying that he was given up for peanuts.

Know this-A-Rod haas an ego and image is everything to him.

he will not accept a trade to a "small time" market. He is marketing conscious and it plays into every move he has made in the past.

Will NY may not be a great situation for him presently, Colorado, Milwaukee, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Washington, etc, etc, represent a worse situation for him.

Arod has all teh leverage, the Yankees have none. It is just the way it is. He calls the shots

Know this-A-Rod haas an ego and image is everything to him.

he will not accept a trade to a "small time" market. He is marketing conscious and it plays into every move he has made in the past.

Will NY may not be a great situation for him presently, Colorado, Milwaukee, Kansas City, Pittsburgh, Washington, etc, etc, represent a worse situation for him.

Arod has all teh leverage, the Yankees have none. It is just the way it is. He calls the shots

I agree. There are some situations that are hopeless that he would not get in to. Probably six or seven IMO. Even if it's ten or eleven that leaves close to 20 teams where a deal could work.

I do disagree about Colorado though. I was actually thinking earlier that they could be a great suitor. When their line up is stacked, the fans come out. With the abundance of youth they have on that roster, they might be willing to take A-Rod at around 11 or 12 mil per season depending on what the Yankees pick up on his tab. The Rockies have a top prospect in the minors by the name of Ian Stewart which could make Garrett Atkins expendable to the Yanks. Like most hitters his run production increases at Coors field but he'd still be pretty damn good away from Coors IMO.

Atkins (as a starting point) would be a nice addition at 3B.

Get Col to throw in Jeremy Affeldt who OWNS David Ortiz

A-Rod could take over at SS with Ian Stewart coming up to play 3B. Colorado would undoubtedly sell far more ticets than they did last season. Lets face it, playing in Colorado could realistically make A-Rod a 55-60 HR threat every season. How's that for marketability?

Just an example though, there are sevearal teams where I think something could be worked out.

Archived