Randy Moss to Pats?

faba

mangini wasn't dealt a terrible hand. he knew what he was getting when he signed on. he booted mawae & abe. good for him. to call chads play thus far handicapped is nonsense. other than jags he has not hurt this team with his play. I thought he played the pats & colts very tough where lots of other q b's could've turned the ball over in tight situations. He seems pretty smart & efficient with the nohuddle which is another big plus that goes unnoticed week after week.

I totally agree with the rest of you're post & I too hope clemmons is the answer. I don't think it hurts us at all to let him watch & learn this year & it won't bother me next year either.

thank goodness for mangini and our future looks bright

Yes Mangini knew he had squat, Mawae's best days far behind him and Abe

is a wuus, always will be a wuus.

Chad's lack of ability puts a cramp on everything, opposing D's just box us in,

which makes running the ball very difficult and his short passing game is just not effective.

Remember which teams Chad beat, a titans team led by Collins after a couple of weeks of preseason and a terrible D to boot. A bills team which

quite frankly is crap on a stick and led by another terrible QB in Losman and

the sucking Phins led by my pal Joey

We got blown out by Jags who have a very good D and suffocated Penne.

We were losing 24-0 to Pukes and made it respectable with 2 fluky plays and

played the colts tough but with the caveat that there D still blows.

Again Mangini/Shott is doing wonders. the easy schedule helps as well

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why can't other Jets fans see this as well?

They cannot comprehend winning a Superbowl.

When the Patriots gave a game to the Packers in Superbowl XXXI. Thoughts of actually winning a title became realized. It was fantasy before that. Before that, winning 10 games and going to the playoffs was good enough.

Not now and not ever again.

Short of perfect circumstances, Chad will not win a Superbowl with the Jets. If he cannot. It is time to move on.

When the Patriots gave a game to the Packers in Superbowl XXXI. Thoughts of actually winning a title became realized. It was fantasy before that. Before that, winning 10 games and going to the playoffs was good enough.

Short of perfect circumstances, Chad will not win a Superbowl with the Jets. If he cannot. It is time to move on.

thats plain silly and arrogant to boot,,

come on , you were very recently laughing stocks in the NFL,,

dont get too heady, belly will leave someday then its back to reality

you were very recently laughing stocks in the NFL

Laughingstock of the NFL??????

The Pats have played in Super Bowls in each of the last 3 decades.

The Pats are a perfect 5-0 in AFC Championship games.

A "laughingstock" team is one that has NEVER played in the Super Bowl since the merger of the NFL-AFL. Ya know, teams like the Saints, Cards, Lions and Browns.;)

Laughingstock of the NFL??????

The Pats have played in Super Bowls in each of the last 3 decades.

The Pats are a perfect 5-0 in AFC Championship games.

A "laughingstock" team is one that has NEVER played in the Super Bowl since the merger of the NFL-AFL. Ya know, teams like the Saints, Cards, Lions and Browns.;)

they werea joke with the stadium and the mcpherson crap,, along with Razor Boy owner

This might be your worst post ever. It would be hard to prove though considering your body of work.

Has Chad had a SuperBowl team around him? Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. Dan Marino didn't. Your post is rubbish.

This might be your worst post ever. It would be hard to prove though considering your body of work.

Has Chad had a SuperBowl team around him? Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. Dan Marino didn't. Your post is rubbish.

stick DAT in your pipe and smoke it PF

thats plain silly and arrogant to boot,,

come on , you were very recently laughing stocks in the NFL,,

dont get too heady, belly will leave someday then its back to reality

Do you think Cowboys fans want to win 10 games and maybe a division title? No.

49ers? No.

Steelers? No.

They want to win Superbowls.

It is not arrogance on my part. I know what it is like to be a fan of a hapless team. I know what it is like to be a fan of a dynasty. Why would I want to go back to being a fan of a hapless team?

I like my team winning titles. Sorry.

I gurantee one thing. If the Jets get on the cusp of winning a Superbowl within the next few years and lose a close Superbowl. You will enjoy it. No doubt. However, it will leaving you wanting more. Just winning 10 to 11 games will not be enough. And when they do win it, you will want to win one every year if that is truly your team. I gurantee that.

Maxie I would expect more from a Yankee fan. I guess you are satisfied with a 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 AL East pennats in your house? Pppuuhhhllleeeaaassseeeeeee!!!! Answer me this. Has the last 6 seasons for the Yankees been a waste? Left an emptey feeling? Or are you satisfied with just making the playoffs? You know the answer. Put the computer down and let the adults continue with their talk.

this might be you're best post ever...... i've reviewed you're body of work & yup it is ;)

Maxie I would expect more from a Yankee fan. I guess you are satisfied with a 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 AL East pennats in your house? Pppuuhhhllleeeaaassseeeeeee!!!! Answer me this. Has the last 6 seasons for the Yankees been a waste? Left an emptey feeling? Or are you satisfied with just making the playoffs? You know the answer. Put the computer down and let the adults continue with their talk.

Ouch, Maxie just got owned by PFSIKH.:eek:

I think the past several posts are a little silly.

Anyone that thought the Pats had a chance in hell of getting to the SB midway through the 2001 season is lying. I rather doubt that a 2nd yr, 6th round draft choice, was lighting the hope candles for too many people. Further - I would not exactly say Pats fans were confident that they had a superbowl team "around" the Kid, Tom Brady. The whole thing steamrolled and well, magic was in the air. Remember who the receivers were that year? Patten, Brown (not exactly S. Smith or A. Bolden) and....and.....well, lets just say they would make Reche Caldwell look good. The Runningback was Antowain Smith - who picked up steam as the temperature dipped and gained over 1,000 yards for the season. The run defense got stronger. The defense got ram tough. They beat the sh*t out of St. Louis (physically).

So, to say that the Jets have NO chance of this happening is untrue. Exremely unlikely - absolutely. It's CLEAR that defense wins champsionships. Sure, points are good - preventing them is better. Points by the defense? Booyah! The Jets biggest holes are on the defensive side of the ball. Stopping the run is paramount to playoff caliber team. When the Jets can do that reasonably well - on a consistent basis - then Jets fans tempered enthusiasm can be embraced.

49ers? No.

Steelers? No.

It is not arrogance on my part. I know what it is like to be a fan of a hapless team. I know what it is like to be a fan of a dynasty. Why would I want to go back to being a fan of a hapless team?

I gurantee one thing. If the Jets get on the cusp of winning a Superbowl within the next few years and lose a close Superbowl. You will enjoy it. No doubt. However, it will leaving you wanting more. Just winning 10 to 11 games will not be enough. And when they do win it, you will want to win one every year if that is truly your team. I gurantee that.

You are too much. Where did I ever say I was satisfied with anything short of a Super Bowl victory? The Jets had Herm and was anyone thrilled when the Jets lost in the playoffs? You are stating things that are not true. I drove home from Pittsburgh 2 years ago after the Jets playoff loss and I was not happy with the effort. I still remember the 10 - 0 halftime lead over the Broncos in 1998 that they blew.

You say that Chad can not win a Super Bowl. You also once said that you would rather have Nomar at SS for your Sawx instead of Jeter. So excuse me if I don't value your opinion all that much. Time has proven you to be wrong often. As far as I can tell your next job as a scout in the NFL will be your first.

But the Jets are covered either way. Chad has played well. If Mangini and Schott decide to go with Clemens down the road I respect that opinion. Much more than I respect yours. I realize your Patriots tribute page makes you an internet expert but I am going to defer to them on this one.

Thanks!

49ers? No.

Steelers? No.

listen youngster,,

I MEANT arrogant to think the Jet fans didnt want to win the whole thing..

You talk to us like you invented football, you putz,,

I was around for Namath Super Bowl, so I know what its like to have a great team,,

You act like you are the guide in Canton because RECENTLY you have had a great team,,

Big deal, that doesnt annoint you as the sage of guidance to fans whose teams arent winning right now..

Thats what I meant as arrogant..

kids,,what a pain

listen youngster,,

I was around for Namath Super Bowl, so I know what its like to have a great team,,

You act like you are the guide in Canton because RECENTLY you have had a great team,,

Big deal, that doesnt annoint you as the sage of guidance to fans whose teams arent winning right now..

kids,,what a pain

POTW NOM!

A good old fashioned f#ck you deserves to win, especially when it's something we have all wanted to say for a while now.

listen youngster,,

kids,,what a pain

The word ARROGANT gets thrown around a lot here at Jetnation. But answer this: Is there a more arrogant fanbase than Yankee Fans?

Nope.;)

yea maybe Red Sox fans during THIER run-how long did that last again?

Gotta go with SFJ, I have never seen more arrogant fans than the Sox after they won the series back in 04 (was it '04?). Bunch of d!cks, I hope they have to wait another 80 years to win another, let them die now since they can do it "in peace.".

The word ARROGANT gets thrown around a lot here at Jetnation. But answer this: Is there a more arrogant fanbase than Yankee Fans?

Nope.;)

Is there a fan base that supported their team more? 4 million fans. Crazy prices for tickets, parking, concessions.

Yep -- bunch of diehards those Yankee fans.

Is there a fan base that supported their team more? 4 million fans. Crazy prices for tickets, parking, concessions.

Yep -- bunch of diehards those Yankee fans.

Diehard is the definition of a True Red Sox Fan. DIE HARD. LOL!

You want crazy parking prices? Try $90 for a playoff game. You want crazy tix prices? Try $1,500 for a bleacher seat for a playoff game.

Please, after 2004 Sox fans were literally drunk with happiness. Yankee Fans are just arrogant dinks. Not all. But a significant amount, for sure.

Just telling it like it is, boys. But I do look forward to more Yankee fans telling me how wrong I am.;)

Well, in any fanbase after a team wins, there is going to be a certain amount of arrogant fans, but I wouldn't characterize the overall vibe as arrogant. Remember, this was a fanbase that waited through 86 years of mostly last minute choking to fianlly reach the promised land.

Even after 30+ years of Jets torment, I would think there would be some members that would be arrogant, but for the most part it would be relief, same as Sox fans. It wasn't/isn't a metter of "how long" the run lasted. It was getting to the peak. The expectations are now shifting, and in that part you are correct, can the Sox be consistant. So far the answer is no.

And yes, a lot of Yankees fans are arrogant, except, well, they have every right to be in a sense. Although, i do have beef with baseball. Unlike the parity of the NFL, where every team has a chance, basbeall is just filled with the haves and have-nots. Now, being a Sox fan I can't complain as I am part of the haves, but overall, it is like the Globetrotters fans bragging to General's fans. Comical really.

You want crazy parking prices? Try $90 for a playoff game. You want crazy tix prices? Try $1,500 for a bleacher seat for a playoff game.

Please, after 2004 Sox fans were literally drunk with happiness. Yankee Fans are just arrogant dinks. Not all. But a significant amount, for sure.

Just telling it like it is, boys. But I do look forward to more Yankee fans telling me how wrong I am.;)

Hope you have fun playing the loveable losers again. It will be another 86 years before you win another world series.

You are too much. Where did I ever say I was satisfied with anything short of a Super Bowl victory? The Jets had Herm and was anyone thrilled when the Jets lost in the playoffs? You are stating things that are not true. I drove home from Pittsburgh 2 years ago after the Jets playoff loss and I was not happy with the effort. I still remember the 10 - 0 halftime lead over the Broncos in 1998 that they blew.

You say that Chad can not win a Super Bowl. You also once said that you would rather have Nomar at SS for your Sawx instead of Jeter. So excuse me if I don't value your opinion all that much. Time has proven you to be wrong often. As far as I can tell your next job as a scout in the NFL will be your first.

But the Jets are covered either way. Chad has played well. If Mangini and Schott decide to go with Clemens down the road I respect that opinion. Much more than I respect yours. I realize your Patriots tribute page makes you an internet expert but I am going to defer to them on this one.

Thanks!

Maximus is touchy this week.

Well back when Nomar could actual take BP without pulling a hammy. I did like him better then Jeter, but that was like what? 6 years ago. So I guess over the last 6 years when I have said Jeter is like Brady in regards to not being the most talented, but gets the job done I have been wrong. Right?

I digress though.

So Max, your new sport is sharp shooting people that are wrong on a messageboard? What is next spelling? Pathetic. I will save you the time Maxie. We all have been wrong on the message board. Even you oh wise soothsaying lord and master of the board.

Southern Maybe I am not being clear enough. I do not mean to come off as arrogant. After each Superbowl victory I have wished that the true Jets' fans that frequent JI and JN could experience it. I still do for most posters. Not for you though, you have one. ;-)

As far as Chad goes, he is what he is. A nice QB. He still struggles against very good defenses. That is what you face in the playoffs more often then not. That is not Knute Rockne stuff, old reference for you ;-) , that is the way it is. Again, short of having an 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens D, Chad has not prooven the ability to beat one good team much less three consecutive. To me if he is not the answer, you need to get one because maybe soon Mangini might have a very good team that is a very good QB away from being a champion. You have a good QB.

Teams have won the super bowl with QB's alot worse then chad.

That is definetly true.

Chad is a fine QB, pretty good, not great but pretty good.

But how many QBs who have won superbowls playing in windy stadiums have had an arm like Chad?

I dont think anybody is arguing that Chad is a pretty good QB, but once the winds show up strong, he is not a good QB. Its usually about 4 games a year or so, so people get jaded by his stronger peformances on the road or his early performances in august, september and october but fail to look at his home performances (not just Ws and Ls) at buffalo, home, and new england. I showed it yesterday in a long detailed post with lots of stats (and we all know with our own eyes Chad throws floaters in the wind), that he is a liability when the winds show up in the winter.

Its only about 3 or 4 games a year where Chad plays in games where its really windy. But it shows and we'll see it again this year.

That is great. Fenway has like 6 seats that sell for $1,500. They get like 8 thousand in total in there. The Yankees have tens of thousands of seats that are going for $500 or so.

Parking? The lot that was 7 or 8 blocks away from the stadium was getting $54 for the first round of the playoffs. It would have gone up if the Yankees continued playing.

Plus Boston fans sound funny when the talwk. That has to count for something. #-o

Maximus is touchy this week.

Well back when Nomar could actual take BP without pulling a hammy. I did like him better then Jeter, but that was like what? 6 years ago. So I guess over the last 6 years when I have said Jeter is like Brady in regards to not being the most talented, but gets the job done I have been wrong. Right?

I digress though.

So Max, your new sport is sharp shooting people that are wrong on a messageboard? What is next spelling? Pathetic. I will save you the time Maxie. We all have been wrong on the message board. Even you oh wise soothsaying lord and master of the board.

I love it. LOVE it. You blast me. Blast me -- Tx says that I was owned and when I defend myself with facts, I am touchy. Ironic if you ask me.

My feelings on Chad remain the same. He needs to play 16 games and prove he can stay healthy. His arm strength is fine. He is playing with no running games. I just don't agree that "he can't win the SB". He needs the right team as does any QB. Tom Brady included.

In Chad's defense, no one could win a superbowl with his prior HC (with Hackett & Cotrell most of the time as well). I'd love to hear Pats fans brag about how many SB rings Brady would have with Herm as his HC the whole time.

You won't hear that from this Pats fan. Belichick was/is a crucial peice of the SB puzzle. He instilled a "way of life" at Gillette. It works. I trust it. How could I not? Put it this way, SD has all the talent in the talent in the world on both sides of the ball, but do you trust Schott in the playoff's?

You won't hear that from this Pats fan. Belichick was/is a crucial peice of the SB puzzle. He instilled a "way of life" at Gillette. It works. I trust it. How could I not? Put it this way, SD has all the talent in the talent in the world on both sides of the ball, but do you trust Schott in the playoff's?

Great example, Garb. That team should be blowing everyone out of the water every week. They gave up a bunch of early scores vs SF last week & I was like, isn't this the same team that friggin' Herm just shut out 2 wks ago? Last year was an absolute disgrace. Yeah, they had a REALLY rough schedule. But they still lost a bunch of games to teams they could've (if not should've) beaten with that squad. Marty's been a HC of mostly VERY talented teams going on 20 years now. After 20 years of coaching, if you haven't reached the SB even once, you are a friggin' choke artist as a coach.

I love it. LOVE it. You blast me. Blast me -- Tx says that I was owned and when I defend myself with facts, I am touchy. Ironic if you ask me.

My feelings on Chad remain the same. He needs to play 16 games and prove he can stay healthy. His arm strength is fine. He is playing with no running games. I just don't agree that "he can't win the SB". He needs the right team as does any QB. Tom Brady included.

Then answer the question Max.

I will appeal to the Yankee fan in you. I tried earlier, but you got your panties in a bunch over what Tex said.

Have you been satisfied with the last six years of Yankee baseball?

Your team has won alot of games and division titles. Those are nice. You have Boone's Game 7 ALCS winning homerun and probably another 5-10 games that will go down as classics. Again, those are nice. I will ask again. Are you satisifed with the way Yankees seasons have ended?

I know the answer. You know the answer. The answer is no.

That has been my whole point about Chad. He has prooven he can get to the playoffs and win more then he loses. That is nice. If that is what you are looking for, then you must be estatic over having him.

Your logic is flawed. You know me and you know that I consider any season that ends without a Championship a failure. Certain seasons you don't expect much -- like this years Jet team. So you are happy with less. BUT, the goal is to win it all. It is that simple.

Yet you have not proved how Chad can't win it all. He had a coach that played him with a torn rotator cuff. Not sure what that proves about Chad (other than he is a tough kid).

Trent Dilfer won a Super Bowl. Dan Marino won none. Is Tom Brady 100 times better than Marino? Your logic is flawed. It takes a team to win a Super Bowl.

Big Ben won a Super Bowl and look at what he did in that game. Does that make him a bad QB? No -- he didn't have a good game but his team won. THE TEAM WON. There are 11 guys on the field at any given time. Now I realize this might be news to you because your Brady pom poms cloud your judgement at times.

Magini will make the call on Chad. I respect this decision either way. But until such a time that Chad is behind Clemens on the depth chart I will be rooting for Chad to get the Jets there. To say it can't be done is just silly.

Archived