Patriots Sign Vinny Testaverde: MERGED

The Troll

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/wires/11/14/2020.ap.fbn.patriots.testaverde.0187/index.html

Patriots sign 43-year-old Testaverde

Posted: Tuesday Nov 14, 2006 5:54 PM

FOXBOROUGH, Mass (AP) -Vinny Testaverde, who came out of retirement last season to help out the New York Jets, was signed on Tuesday by New England.

The 43-year-old quarterback, the first overall pick by Tampa Bay in the 1987 draft, has played 19 NFL seasons and has 269 touchdown passes, eighth in NFL history, and is sixth with 45,252 yards passing.

He becomes the third quarterback on the Patriots roster, behind Tom Brady and second-year man Matt Cassel.

The Patriots will be his sixth team.

In addition to the Bucs, he has played for Cleveland, Baltimore, the Jets and Dallas. He retired after playing with the Cowboys in 2004, but last season rejoined the Jets, for whom he played from 1998-2003, after starter Chad Pennington and backup Jay Fiedler were injured in the same game.

Testaverde, who started four games for the Jets last season, became the first player in NFL history to throw at least one touchdown pass in 19 straight seasons. He completed 60 of 106 passes for 777 yards with one touchdown and six interceptions. He was subsequently replaced by Brooks Bollinger, who had started the season as the team's third stringer.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/wires/11/14/2020.ap.fbn.patriots.testaverde.0187/index.html

Patriots sign 43-year-old Testaverde

Posted: Tuesday Nov 14, 2006 5:54 PM

FOXBOROUGH, Mass (AP) -Vinny Testaverde, who came out of retirement last season to help out the New York Jets, was signed on Tuesday by New England.

The 43-year-old quarterback, the first overall pick by Tampa Bay in the 1987 draft, has played 19 NFL seasons and has 269 touchdown passes, eighth in NFL history, and is sixth with 45,252 yards passing.

He becomes the third quarterback on the Patriots roster, behind Tom Brady and second-year man Matt Cassel.

The Patriots will be his sixth team.

In addition to the Bucs, he has played for Cleveland, Baltimore, the Jets and Dallas. He retired after playing with the Cowboys in 2004, but last season rejoined the Jets, for whom he played from 1998-2003, after starter Chad Pennington and backup Jay Fiedler were injured in the same game.

Testaverde, who started four games for the Jets last season, became the first player in NFL history to throw at least one touchdown pass in 19 straight seasons. He completed 60 of 106 passes for 777 yards with one touchdown and six interceptions. He was subsequently replaced by Brooks Bollinger, who had started the season as the team's third stringer.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :confused::yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: LMAO!!!!!

Oh my........the times, they are a changing..

Just like Dylan said.........

The line it is drawn

The curse it is cast

The slow one now

Will later be fast

As the present now

Will later be past

The order is

Rapidly fadin'.

And the first one now

Will later be last

For the times they are a-changin'.

Wow.

Sucks to think of Vinny wearing a Patriot uniform but this signing is curious. Maybe Vinny wants to try to win a championship as a 2nd or 3rd stringer? If so he could've tried to go to San Diego or Indianapolis... why New England?:eek:

If you can recall he did come in for a workout in September.

I'll put it this way: Troy Brown is the 3rd string/emergency QB for the Pats.

I'll put it this way bro: You or I should be the 3rd string / emergency QB for the Pats so we can make 250,000+ a year.;)

This may be bill's way at beating the jets in the future ;)

Mangini came from the patriots so he knows alot about them... and vinny came from the jets so he knows alot about us...

The only thing that Vinny knows about the Jets is how to throw passes to the other team!

This may be bill's way at beating the jets in the future ;)

Mangini came from the patriots so he knows alot about them... and vinny came from the jets so he knows alot about us...

I know there is a punchline in here somewhere. I just need to find it.

Why would the Pats sign Vinny ? This makes no sense at all. BB isn't going to get anything about the Jets from Vinny. That regime is in K.C. now.

They don't play the Chiefs or the Bucs so my guess is that the mad genius has finally lost it.

Seriously folks I think we roughed up Brady pretty good this weekend.

Bigtime. I didn't notice it at the game but after watching replay's Brady couldn't plant at all and was slipping and falling all over the place.

He is fine. I'm sure he will have a good game against the Farves, I mean Packers, this weekend.

Archived