The Jets are going to the playoffs

SoFlaJets

and it starts tomorrow with a win against Houston.This team is going to make us proud-I can feel it.There's a lot of pride on this years version of the New York Jets and by this time tomorrow we're gonna be a happy bunch of Jets fans.BELIEVE

No they're not.

If I had a gun to my head and my life depended on it I would say that they are not going. BUT -- they have a shot. It is just that some games being counted on as wins are going to be tougher than people realize (Miami) and they are bound to lay an egg or two along the way regardless.

For the Jets to make the playoffs there is no room for error. Unless of course they wanted to back in via a 3 team tiebreaker. That is always fun because the Pats fan get all upset about it.

and it starts tomorrow with a win against Houston.This team is going to make us proud-I can feel it.There's a lot of pride on this years version of the New York Jets and by this time tomorrow we're gonna be a happy bunch of Jets fans.BELIEVE

If I had a gun to my head and my life depended on it I would say that they are not going. BUT -- they have a shot. It is just that some games being counted on as wins are going to be tougher than people realize (Miami) and they are bound to lay an egg or two along the way regardless.

For the Jets to make the playoffs there is no room for error. Unless of course they wanted to back in via a 3 team tiebreaker. That is always fun because the Pats fan get all upset about it.

The wins by Jacksonville and KC virtually eliminates the Jets as a Wild Card team.

Therefore, the only way they make it is to win the AFCE.

And we all know that will never happen.;)

The wins by Jacksonville and KC virtually eliminates the Jets as a Wild Card team.

Therefore, the only way they make it is to win the AFCE.

And we all know that will never happen.;)

Virtually means d!ck, there's still a lot of games left to be played.

And did I forget to mention, 8-8 teams do not make the playoffs.

That will be the Jets final record.

That was my prediction before the season. Jet's still have a shot at 10-6, as I had said in my prediction post, but it's probably going to be in that range. I just can't see a win against Miami, and I expect us to blow the game against Oakland, because that will be a big game. If the Jets don't lose any other games, they'll overachieve and get 9-7, and I might be stuck with one cent for another year. I'd almost rather he go out there and lose the next 2, and Mangini just gives up on him.

And did I forget to mention, 8-8 teams do not make the playoffs.

That will be the Jets final record.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap?gid=20050108026

Marc Bulger threw for 313 yards and two touchdowns, the last a 17-yarder to Cam Cleeland with 2:11 to play Saturday, leading the Rams to a 27-20 win over Seattle and making St. Louis the first team without a winning record to advance in the playoffs.

The last time an 8-8 team made the playoffs was in 1999, when the Lions and Cowboys both got in as wild cards and both got pounded in the first round. The Saints made it as an 8-8 wild card in 1990 and lost in the first round.

;)

Lets talk seriously for a bit:

The best the Jets are going to finish is 10-6, we will not sweep the final 6. What you as Jets fans need to conitue to do is cheer AGAINST Jacksonville, Kansas City AND Denver.

BUT, IF Jacksonville goes into KC Week 17 at 10-5 or better and KC is 9-6, GO JAGS

KC still has a sub.500 record against the AFC, the #1 tiebreaking procedure in head to head for playoff spot, Jets are 4-4, they lead currently.

So, with that in mind, KC still has to play San Diego again as well as Jacksonville. If KC losses both of those contests, they lose another 2 AFC games as well will be 10-6 and maybe by some faint luck lose 3 of the final 5 to fall to 9-7.

Denver, well, they're going with a rookie (morons) at 7-4 with Seattle & San Diego next, if they lose those two, they're 10-6 with 1 L in the AFC, and if they lose 3 of 5 with a ROOKIE WHO HASN'T TAKEN A SNAP ALL SEASON, which is likely, they will be 9-7.

So, it's not dead yet, but we MUST go 5-1 or 6-0 to make it. 4-2 will not get us in with the W by KC on Thanksgiving.

You also cannot count out 5-5 Cincinnati.

Here are the remaining schedules for the final 5 competeting for the last 2 Wild Card slots (Note to all Jets fans, become Charger fans when they play KC & Denver so they can lock up the AFC West AND help the Jets out):

5-5 Jets:

vs Houston

@ Green Bay

vs Buffalo

@ Minnesota

@ Miami

vs Oakland

5-5 Cincinnati:

@ Cleveland

vs Baltimore

vs Oakland

@ Indianapolis

@ Denver

vs Pittsburgh

6-4 Jacksonville:

@ Buffalo

@ Miami

vs Indianapolis

@ Tennessee

vs New England

@ Kansas City

7-4 Broncos:

vs Seattle

@ San Diego

@ Arizona

vs Cincinnati

vs San Francisco

7-4 Kansas City:

@ Cleveland

vs Baltimore

@ San Diego

@ Baltimore

vs Jacksonville

We need Cincy to lose 2 of it's final 6 but beating Denver for us would be great. We need KC or Denver or Jax, one of the 3, to have 7 L. We then at that point need to hope it's Denver or Jax because KC head to head gives us the best advantage via AFC Record.

Here's the 2 best ways for the Jets to get into the playoffs:

Scenario #1:

Jets: 10-6

Kansas City OR Denver: 10-6

Jacksonville: 9-7

Cincinnati: 9-7

Scenario #2:

Jacksonville: 10-6

Jets: 10-6

Kansas City: 10-6 or 9-7

Denver: 9-7

Cincinnati: 9-7

That was my prediction before the season. Jet's still have a shot at 10-6, as I had said in my prediction post, but it's probably going to be in that range. I just can't see a win against Miami, and I expect us to blow the game against Oakland, because that will be a big game. If the Jets don't lose any other games, they'll overachieve and get 9-7, and I might be stuck with one cent for another year. I'd almost rather he go out there and lose the next 2, and Mangini just gives up on him.

he could go 2-4, and still be there, cause the penguin does not hold the duck accountable, unlike the other 52 guys on the active roster.

he could go 2-4, and still be there, cause the penguin does not hold the duck accountable, unlike the other 52 guys on the active roster.

Your hatred for Chad is comical. So much so that you actually think Mangini will put Chad's feelings first before the rest of the team? Interesting concept.

Your hatred for Chad is comical. So much so that you actually think Mangini will put Chad's feelings first before the rest of the team? Interesting concept.

Interesting. A Chad hater on a Jets board? I've never seen such a thing!

mr nyjet: Get a clue, mate.

That exactly what will happen, which is why I do not want the Jets to go 9-7. That might be too good of a record for Mangini to risk putting in Clemens in 07'.

7-9 is what we need to do, 8-8 is what we will end up going if I would bet on it. 8-8 = Clemens in 2007 I would guess, but its still risky, I dont know.

This was the whole premise of my "shoot me" thread.

try looking at him for what he is, not what you wish he was. i do not hate him personally. i'm just not still drinking the 2002 kool-aid, like some people are.

try looking at him for what he is, not what you wish he was. i do not hate him personally. i'm just not still drinking the 2002 kool-aid, like some people are.

Well if you have read my posts you would know that I have supported getting Clemens a look down the stretch. This year has always been about next year, I have always said that.

My point is you took a swipe at Mangini which I don't get. Try looking at Mangini for what he is, not what you wish he was.

you actually think Mangini will put Chad's feelings first before the rest of the team? .

Apparently, that thinking is running rampant. It's crazy, I tell ya, Crazy!

There were only two things I needed to see this year to buy into the Mangini system. A prepared team, and a competitive team.

That's it! That's all I wished for, and I'm happy that both objectives, in my opinion, have been met. Playoffs? No, I didn't anticipate it and I didn't care. Just a well prepared and competitive team, bottom line. The fact that the playoffs can even be discussed, albiet longshot odds, is icing on the cake.

I love the direction that this team is going towards. I love the fact that the players have to hand in "reports" on what they've seen in the film room.

So what the heck is with all the Chad, Chad, Chad, blah, blah, blah?

Who really cares?

I believe in Mangini. I believe that he will do what's best for this franchise. I believe that he has a vision for this team and I'm comfortable with being patient and watching the progress play out. Not just comfortable, excited.

Well if you have read my posts you would know that I have supported getting Clemens a look down the stretch. This year has always been about next year, I have always said that.

My point is you took a swipe at Mangini which I don't get. Try looking at Mangini for what he is, not what you wish he was.

didn't parcells stick too long with vinny and bledsoe in dallas before romo got to play? didn't belli do the same with the pats before mo lewis made him play brady?

i'm saying that mangini is making the same mistake with chad. he is not perfect, despite doing a lot of good things since he took over.

didn't parcells stick too long with vinny and bledsoe in dallas before romo got to play? didn't belli do the same with the pats before mo lewis made him play brady?

i'm saying that mangini is making the same mistake with chad. he is not perfect, despite doing a lot of good things since he took over.

No you said:

cause the penguin does not hold the duck accountable

There is a difference between sticking too long with a veteran and not holding someone accountable. Saying that Chad is not held accountable is just not accurate. Typical Chad Bashing B.S.

Chad has not played great. Mangini is in his first year and will get better as he learns from his mistakes. But to say that Chad is not held accountable by Mangini is just garbage.

If Mangini has proven one thing through camp and the first 10 games it is that EVERYONE is accountable. Hell if Fireman Ed becomes a distraction I think Mangini would make sure he had less air time on the big screen. Same goes for the flag girls.

Magini leaves no stone unturned. Your statement simply is untrue and not fair.

Do you have an AFC example :P ?

Here you go.

1991: The Jets muddle through a mediocre season and enter the final game of the season in Miami with a 7-8 record. However, by beating the Dolphins earlier in the season the Jets were actually in position to the make the playoffs via tiebreaker by beating their heated rivals. If the Jets were going to win the game they would have to do it without their all-time leading kicker Pat Leahy, who was forced to the sidelines with an injury. The game would prove to be a back and forth tilt with Miami taking the lead with 44 seconds left. However the Jets would quickly get into FG position and Leahy's replacement Raul Allegree booted a 44-yard FG t send the game to Overtime. In OT Allegree was the hero again nailing a 30-yarder to send the 8-8 Jets to the playoffs. In their 1st playoff game in 5 years, several 2nd half mistakes prevented the Jets from registering an upset win at Houston as they fell, to the Oilers 17-10.

There were only two things I needed to see this year to buy into the Mangini system. A prepared team, and a competitive team.

That's it! That's all I wished for, and I'm happy that both objectives, in my opinion, have been met. Playoffs? No, I didn't anticipate it and I didn't care. Just a well prepared and competitive team, bottom line. The fact that the playoffs can even be discussed, albiet longshot odds, is icing on the cake.

I love the direction that this team is going towards. I love the fact that the players have to hand in "reports" on what they've seen in the film room.

Who really cares?

I believe in Mangini. I believe that he will do what's best for this franchise. I believe that he has a vision for this team and I'm comfortable with being patient and watching the progress play out. Not just comfortable, excited.

Thank you. This is true. Mangini has proven he will do whatever he thinks it takes to win.

Because Mr NY Jet hates Chad he says that Mangini is basically playing a box and one. The team has rules. But Chad is not accountable. Cmon.

This is not about defending Chad in anyway. It is about defending Mangini. MR NY Jet fails to see that though. Just because Mangini doesn't agree with what he feels Mangini is wrong I guess. Funny how that works.

No you said:

There is a difference between sticking too long with a veteran and not holding someone accountable. Saying that Chad is not held accountable is just not accurate. Typical Chad Bashing B.S.

Chad has not played great. Mangini is in his first year and will get better as he learns from his mistakes. But to say that Chad is not held accountable by Mangini is just garbage.

If Mangini has proven one thing through camp and the first 10 games it is that EVERYONE is accountable. Hell if Fireman Ed becomes a distraction I think Mangini would make sure he had less air time on the big screen. Same goes for the flag girls.

Magini leaves no stone unturned. Your statement simply is untrue and not fair.

Then why is he still playing?

His play does not warrant it. It looks like either Mangini is not comfortable in replacing the vet QB or the Jets QB situation is so dire that Penny is the best ption.

It is not like the Jets are the Bears and can survive bad play from the QB.

Who really cares?

Nice post Lady Jet.

To think during the pre-season everyone pretty much echoed your exact thoughts yet now we have people who are rooting for the Jets to lose games because they feel they have a better long term vision of the team than Mangini.

Then why is he still playing?

His play does not warrant it. It looks like either Mangini is not comfortable in replacing the vet QB or the Jets QB situation is so dire that Penny is the best ption.

It is not like the Jets are the Bears and can survive bad play from the QB.

Chad is the best option, period. Chad is a Superbowl winning caliber QB (those who question that statement - see Trent Dilfer)

From the NY Daily News....

"...Several factors have contributed to Pennington's slump, according to opposing scouts and coaches. Among them: Tough competition. Pennington has played his worst gamesagainst the Jaguars, Browns and Bears, all of whom defend the passwell. In fact, those three teams are ranked among the NFL's top fivedefenses in fewest yards-per-attempt, the most telling passingstatistic. The Texans are 31st in the category.

A personality change. Knowing their running game was amajor question, the Jets went into the season with a free-wheeling,pass-first mentality. Guard Pete Kendall said "We passed out ofnecessity," and it worked. It turned out to be a passing fancy, asthey've morphed into more of a running team. ..."

So hopefully he bounces back against the Texans, but most QB's would have had a tough time against that group of teams as the article said. Want to see a HOF QB struggle with a good D? (check on Brady)... hell he struggled with our D!!!

Pennington is a good QB, thats why he is playing for the NYJ right now... Mangini has no ties to him and could bench him in 30 seconds without any care in the world. He doesnt becuase Chad is a good QB.

Archived