Are we being set up for another classic Jet letdown?

docdhc

The overconfidence going into the Raiders game is getting me nervous. Although they are clearly the doormat of the league they still are an NFL team and capable of winning. This would go down as a colossal choke if the Jets get upset and don't make the playoffs after all the good things that have happened so far. Are we being set up for another chapter in the book of long suffering Jet fans? Tell me why I shouldn't have this feeling of dread going into this game.

The overconfidence going into the Raiders game is getting me nervous. Although they are clearly the doormat of the league they still are an NFL team and capable of winning. This would go down as a colossal choke if the Jets get upset and don't make the playoffs after all the good things that have happened so far. Are we being set up for another chapter in the book of long suffering Jet fans? Tell me why I shouldn't have this feeling of dread going into this game.

It is a new CREW and they have earnered our trust for now.. have some fun with it and beleive!

Actually I had that feeling before the Phins game. :lol:

That's really true, I had that feeling before, during, and up to Nugent made that kick. It even crept back when he kicked it deep instead of squibbing it on the following kickoff. I feel better much better going into this week and thats what worries me.

If the JETS lose theis game... I will be forced to think they let Herm Edwards dress up like Eric Mangini for one day...

DO you seriously think Mangini will let them lose this one??? We should only need to score 10 points to win...

You see the Chargers more than we do. They got the goods to go all the way? What do you think of Marty Schott?

Marty will ruin them and the chargers are not that good shut down LT,Gates and vincet jackson and rivers is a below average QB. I think the ravens will beat them in the SB. Ill be rooting for the jets in the playoffs with my girl though LOL.

Yep. There would be a BIG downside to losing either of these games. Either way it would be a terrible letdown. I dont know what would be worse- losing to the worst team in the league, or having the mammals ruin our season.

BUT THAT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Think Positive Thoughts

Winning these two games is, imo crucial for this franchise.

Win them both and I feel a big corner will have been turned for the New York Jets. Just get 'er done.

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

If the Jets lose to the Raiders on Sunday it will not be for lack of preperation and/or effort. My man manginious simply will not let that happen. This is not Kotite or Herm.

They will lose this game only if a series of really unlucky and flukey things happen (such as the football hitting Kassel by accident on the punt return..)

I was apprehensive going into the Miami game-we had been losing every game like this all year-but when I got inside that stadium in that rainstorm something told me we were going to win...I'll be nervous as hell but that stadium is gonna be rocking like it was 2002 against Green Bay-I have a GOOD feeling

you're gonna lose to the Raiders. You don't have a chance. Chad baby noodle arm will be crucified by the Raiders swarming defense.

You clowns are going nowhere but home.

you're gonna lose to the Raiders. You don't have a chance. Chad baby noodle arm will be crucified by the Raiders swarming defense.

Not a chance? I guess the Raiders have looked awfully good this year(or maybe just awful) but I think we still have a chance against them. I do worry about the genius Art Shell out gameplanning Mangini based on how good he has been this year and Aaron Brooks has looked unstoppable, but maybe we can eek out a win.

as a die-hard jets fan, i'm feeling pretty confident with the jets' chances this weekend. sure it looks like dyson's out, but in the same token mr. randy moss is also going to be out as well. I know, I know moss' preformance has been as lackluster as the rest of the offense but it deflates any other offensive threats. as long as the jets keep themselves from the turnover bug they're going to gut out a 24-9 win.

I'm worried about our secondary. Jets best CB is Dyson, and he might not play. Who is your QB? :lol:

If we had Moss & Porter playing like they cared, then I'd be worried. But half the players on offense have their suitcases packed, with their multi colored shirts dangling out of their luggage. Some may replace that black makeup with sunscreen 905 or something.

I know the history of the Jets dictates to worry, but I can't see it, unless the Raiders treat this as an audition for next year's coach.

Just like the Miami Superbowl bound defense did? 1 sack. 1 friggin' sack. :Nuts:

If we had Moss & Porter playing like they cared, then I'd be worried. But half the players on offense have their suitcases packed, with their multi colored shirts dangling out of their luggage. Some may replace that black makeup with sunscreen 905 or something.

I know the history of the Jets dictates to worry, but I can't see it, unless the Raiders treat this as an audition for next year's coach.

Who the heck is going to want to coach that team ?

Well acutally let me rephrase that..There is talent there but what coach is going to want to take that job with Al Davis hovering over their shoulders all the time ?

What are the fans feelings towards Davis ?

Who the heck is going to want to coach that team ?

Well acutally let me rephrase that..There is talent there but what coach is going to want to take that job with Al Davis hovering over their shoulders all the time ?

What are the fans feelings towards Davis ?

I will always love Al Davis for what he's done in general, but he's the reason why we are like this. If he just lets someone young come in an establish their attitude, ala Mangini, then we are set with the talent we have. But Al has an ego and wants to do it his way one last time.

Hopefully he'll realize that he needs help and lets someone do it. It's not like coaches don't want to come here because of talent and the whole Raider aura. It's just that they don't want to work for someone who has a short leash and a bullhorn in their ears.

Next coach? Jim Fassel? Would Davis let one of his closest friends take the reins, like Bill Parcels, who I know would do it if Al just gets out of the way. Time will tell. The reason I am confident for a more immediate turnaround is because of what we were in '97 then what we became in '00 with Gruden, yet another Davis wise decision turned bonehead move. :bag:

It's not like coaches don't want to come here because of talent and the whole Raider aura.

Hey man, being a Jets fan for many years I can understand the pain suffered now by Raider fans but you really need to come to the realize that the "aura" has been replaced for quite some time by a horrible odor.

That being said, I still fear this game. It holds equal potential for a huge flop or a big win for the Jets. I would like to think Mangini will not let us lose this one but lets not forget Buffalo , Jacksonville, etc.

I will always love Al Davis for what he's done in general, but he's the reason why we are like this. If he just lets someone young come in an establish their attitude, ala Mangini, then we are set with the talent we have. But Al has an ego and wants to do it his way one last time.

Hopefully he'll realize that he needs help and lets someone do it. It's not like coaches don't want to come here because of talent and the whole Raider aura. It's just that they don't want to work for someone who has a short leash and a bullhorn in their ears.

Next coach? Jim Fassel? Would Davis let one of his closest friends take the reins, like Bill Parcels, who I know would do it if Al just gets out of the way. Time will tell. The reason I am confident for a more immediate turnaround is because of what we were in '97 then what we became in '00 with Gruden, yet another Davis wise decision turned bonehead move. :bag:

Do you think he would consider a guy like Mike Martz ? He would seem to be the kind of guy Al would like.

I wouldn't be all gung ho about Fassel. We all saw his act here when he was coaching the Giants and they are still feeling the effects.

What about Rob Ryan? He's done a good job with the defense and he's already there. If not, why not? The long hair wouldn't play any place else.

Do you think he would consider a guy like Mike Martz ? He would seem to be the kind of guy Al would like.

I wouldn't be all gung ho about Fassel. We all saw his act here when he was coaching the Giants and they are still feeling the effects.

I am wondering why Martz was not brought in. He has an ego I believe, so the marriage wouldn't work.

As for Fassel, I agree. I don't want him as a HC. But I think one positive is that he can help Walter grow into a better QB. But as a HC, no.

I still say not to fear about this game. I honestly think the Raiders will hang tough for the 1st 20 minutes by the defense, but after that, the Jets will (should) handle their business.

What about Rob Ryan? He's done a good job with the defense and he's already there. If not, why not? The long hair wouldn't play any place else.

lol, he does look the part. I wouldn't mind just as long as the defense doesn't suffer when RR has to take over more responsibility. He did sign a new contract, so hopefully he can be a great coordinator turned head coach unlike Norv Turner.

This coming from someone whos signature reads....

Well, I guess 9-7 won't be so bad afterall. We still have chance at the playoffs. It is NOT over. I still like the Fins chances better than the clown Jets.

While his team just got beat by us on Monday night football and now sits last in the AFCE with a 6-9 record....

Please people do not even read this persons posts...

Archived