Jack Del Rio is a clown

Gainzo

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the hit so I can't comment fully on it. Saying that his team should have hit the qb when he's running in the open field and doesn't slide I have no problem with, but I didn't see what happened.

Click the link and see it then...

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the hit so I can't comment fully on it. Saying that his team should have hit the qb when he's running in the open field and doesn't slide I have no problem with, but I didn't see what happened.

Just check out the gif:

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/kmk4kings/brady.gif

Ingram lead with his helmet.

Did Brady deserve to be hit? Yes.

Did he deserve to be speared? No.

I don't know about this whole leading with your helmet crap. When you dive at a player, your head is naturally leading. How you're supposed to judge where it is going to land when you're aiming at a moving target is beyond me.

I don't know about this whole leading with your helmet crap. When you dive at a player, your head is naturally leading. How you're supposed to judge where it is going to land when you're aiming at a moving target is beyond me.

Jeremy it's all part o the league's movement to absolute pussify the game and overprotect the owner's high priced gloryboys behind center.

There was a great article I read online today about the roughing the passer calls this year. The NFL via the rule committee and subsequent over the top enforcement has finally succeeded in runing the game completely.

He made no attempt to put his arms out. He looks like a torpedo for goodness sakes!

Jeremy it's all part o the league's movement to absolute pussify the game and overprotect the owner's high priced gloryboys behind center.

There was a great article I read online today about the roughing the passer calls this year. The NFL via the rule committee and subsequent over the top enforcement has finally succeeded in runing the game completely.

I agree mate. The roughing the passer calls have been crap this season.

But what happened to Brady had nothing to do about protecting the QB.

If Brady is "overprotected" as a QB, why was there no call on that play?

Spear!

WOW

His satement should have been... "it was a rookie mistake and it wont happen again"

Instead he just lost the respect of a lot of people...

That was a bad hit, just like the ZT hit on coles...

There was nothing wrong with the hit ZT put on coles....It was a nice hit.....people on here would be raving about Vilma or whoever if they did that......that being said, the hit on brady was cheap.

There was nothing wrong with the hit ZT put on coles....It was a nice hit.....people on here would be raving about Vilma or whoever if they did that......that being said, the hit on brady was cheap.

ZT's helmet hit LC's helmet...

Spin it how you may, it was not legal.

ZT's helmet hit LC's helmet...

Spin it how you may, it was not legal.

Well, I will agree it was helmet to helmet, but still a good hit and coles was still in the air, so I seriously doubt he was going for that.....he just wanted to knock the crap out of Coles and he did...nothing wrong with that.

If that dude keeps hitting like that he will be in a wheelchair real soon..Kids who play football who are taught correctly are taught to keep your head ****ed back and tackle with your shoulder..That kid was in more danger then Brady and it was CLEARLY a spear to Brady..He and Del Rio should be fined.

If that dude keeps hitting like that he will be in a wheelchair real soon..Kids who play football who are taught correctly are taught to keep your head ****ed back and tackle with your shoulder..That kid was in more danger then Brady and it was CLEARLY a spear to Brady..He and Del Rio should be fined.

Exactly.

I understand Del Rio's point that Brady left himself open to a hit, but that is a spear though.

Ingram should be fined, but not Rio.

No class at all.

I don't care if this is Brady, Pennington or some 3rd string WR or RB. This is a spear.

I agree with you Gainzo-they were up 41-0 on us and what does he do? He's having Leftwhich lobbing bombs into the end zone .....why? You hit the nail on the head bro--NO FRICKIN CLASS.I'm so glad they ain't making the playoffs

So what exactly is a spear then? I guess if you are diving headfirst you are not in a defenseless position according to the NFL.

NFL says Brady hit was legal

By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff | December 29, 2006

FOXBOROUGH -- Jacksonville Jaguars rookie linebacker Clint Ingram will not be fined by the NFL for his jarring hit on Patriots quarterback Tom Brady in the fourth quarter of last Sunday's game.

Although Ingram won't be fined, Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio might not be as fortunate.

Aiello said the NFL was aware of remarks by Del Rio on the Jaguars' website, in which he appeared to advocate the illegal tactic of spearing against Brady.

"We're always concerned about comments of that nature, and we're looking into it," Aiello said.

Del Rio defended Ingram's hit on Brady -- which came as Brady dived headfirst for a first down -- and also commented on a first-half running play in which Jaguars defenders held up when they thought Brady would slide.

"They should've speared him then," Del Rio said on Jaguars.com.

Spearing is illegal, and is covered under Rule 12, Section 2, Article 8(g) in the NFL's official rulebook. The rule prohibits the use of "any part of a player's helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/"hairline" parts) or facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily . . ." The rule also states that "game officials will give special attention in administering this rule to protecting those players who are in virtually defenseless postures."

Aiello explained that because Brady was running on the play in question -- and was diving headfirst -- he wasn't in a defenseless position that a receiver catching a pass or a quarterback throwing a pass might find himself in. Had Brady been on the ground and then Ingram hit him, the result could have been different.

Brady declined to speak about Del Rio's comments yesterday. Meanwhile, Patriots coach Bill Belichick came to Brady's defense.

"Considering Tom's great games over the years against Jack Del Rio's defenses, you can understand the frustration," Belichick said. "I'm all for supporting your players, but it was a little surprising to hear he said that."

Source: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/12/29/nfl_says_brady_hit_was_legal/

So what exactly is a spear then? I guess if you are diving headfirst you are not in a defenseless position according to the NFL.

That has always been the case with QBs. If Brady had slid and he got hit like that the player would have been penalized. When you dive head first like that, you're free game.

Archived