Miami Replacement Coaches: Merged

DonCorleone

No official list of potential replacements is available, although there will be plenty of speculation in the coming hours about possibilities such as Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz, Louisville's Bobby Petrino, USC coach Pete Carroll and Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops.

Current NFL assistants who are considered viable head coaching material include Detroit offensive coordinator Mike Martz, Chicago defensive coordinator Ron Rivera, Pittsburgh assistants Russ Grimm and Ken Whisenhunt and Colts assistant Jim Caldwell. It is also possible the Dolphins will consider defensive coordinator Dom Capers, who has been a head coach in Houston and Carolina.

I just dont see Carroll leaving USC for a team with no QB, an aging defense and OLINE problems. Carroll will return, just to the right team with a franchise QB. Maybe he considers the Cardinals.

I just don't see him as an NFL coach... I don't know what it is, but I believe that he better stcik with the College players rather than veteran NFL players.

I think Miami should seriously consider -

Richie Kotite (Comes cheap. Good guy. And "One heck of a football coach")

Joe Walton (The best picker out there).

Dave Wannstadt (Put your love stink on me for the second time baby!)

Dennis Green (fills a quota somewhere)

Herman Edwards (May cost even less than a #4 pick!)

Tom Coughlin (Disciplinarian, knows the state of Florida. Proven track record with high priced primadonas. A BAD proven track record but a track record nonetheless)

Mike Shula (Symmetrical Alabama move)

Maybe Al Groh will leave Virginia.:eek:

Congrats Jets fans, your in the playoffs and we are in the dumps. The Dolphins are screwed. The sky is falling in Miami. Fu *&&*^ )*&&^#$%!!!!!!

GO FINNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

:)

(sorry... just had to... that avatar still gets to me).

BZ

There are talks of Cowher going there after leaving the Steelers

no way.

Cowher talking ayear off. If Fox doesnt have a major turnaround in Carolina next year it will between Cowher and Belichick for Panthers job in 2008.

Both have reasons to want to live in NC now.

There are talks of Cowher going there after leaving the Steelers

no way.

Cowher talking ayear off. If Fox doesnt have a major turnaround in Carolina next year it will between Cowher and Belichick for Panthers job in 2008.

Both have reasons to want to live in NC now.

Some Dolphin fans on Finheaven are actually promoting this idea:confused: . Unf-ing believable. If the Dolphins hire this Donkey to be coach... Prozac here I come.

I have a felling that is who is going get the job.

When "Slick Nick" failed to show up for the news conference, guess who pinch hit for him.

Yep, none other then Capers. This might prove to be a lot of fun to watch.

Some Dolphin fans on Finheaven are actually promoting this idea:confused: . Unf-ing believable. If the Dolphins hire this Donkey to be coach... Prozac here I come.

I have a felling that is who is going get the job.

When "Slick Nick" failed to show up for the news conference, guess who pinch hit for him.

Yep, none other then Capers. This might prove to be a lot of fun to watch.

Anybody mention Jimmy Johnson for the Miami job?

It's not impossible to think that Jimmy Johnson may come back for one last tour as an NFL HC. Nobody thought Joe Gibbs or Dick Vermeil would ever come back. Thing is that Johnson already had his time there and Huizenga may want to go a different direction.

Jimmy Johnson should probably take the Arizona job if he wants to come back. They already have the QB and receivers, Johnson is a great drafter and he could probably turn around the defense and offensive line in 1 year.

Rivera and Whisenhunt are probably the best candidates. If Cowher leaves the Steelers Whisenhunt will probably get the HC job with the Steelers.

After what happened with Saban, Spurrier and Butch Davis the Dolphins would be crazy to hire another college coach.

Anybody mention Jimmy Johnson for the Miami job?

It's not impossible to think that Jimmy Johnson may come back for one last tour as an NFL HC. Nobody thought Joe Gibbs or Dick Vermeil would ever come back. Thing is that Johnson already had his time there and Huizenga may want to go a different direction.

Jimmy Johnson should probably take the Arizona job if he wants to come back. They already have the QB and receivers, Johnson is a great drafter and he could probably turn around the defense and offensive line in 1 year.

Rivera and Whisenhunt are probably the best candidates. If Cowher leaves the Steelers Whisenhunt will probably get the HC job with the Steelers.

After what happened with Saban, Spurrier and Butch Davis the Dolphins would be crazy to hire another college coach.

Archived