What are u listening to right now?

On 9/7/2020 at 12:34 PM, munchmemory said:

Struggling mightily with anxiety and depression so guess I need this an audio tonic.  I was at this show.   Thinking back on how long ago it was is actually making me more depressed.   Sat close to Page's side and my hearing has never been the same.  Still my greatest guitar hero.

Hope you are feeling better....I hear yah. As you know lotta songs are written about chicks, girls women and love etc,

These tunes all but one are from like I when was a 7/8? and listened to on my mothers radio on CBS 101.1 '' The Oldies''?? Station. I refer back to them for calmness sounds weird but, helps me mellow out. 

She's got the Trifecta....sings, plays, writes. Love her....great voice, no, but there it seems to fit somehow even at this age.

Dead head since age 10 I'm gonna be 55,geez. I used to not really listen to this song cause its a downer, I always pay attention to the lyrics of a song, obviously being the most important part. This is a great song, commercials ruin it skip through.

I leave you with an upper,kinda, at least instrumentally. But remember better Dead than Led! Love this song.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

3 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Don't get on this thread much as it takes too long to load and most times can't turn it up, but I saw this and LOVED it ! Hellova a sax solo too

Made me start a bookmark folder called VIDEO: PRACTICE

Also, this video made me look at Ibanez guitars. They seem so playable although I like the sound of that SG way more. 

You already cost me about $190 (one vibe pedal and one KC mask), if this keeps up you will need to contribute  :)

Here's a classic:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Crimson King said:

Don't get on this thread much as it takes too long to load and most times can't turn it up, but I saw this and LOVED it ! Hellova a sax solo too

Made me start a bookmark folder called VIDEO: PRACTICE

Also, this video made me look at Ibanez guitars. They seem so playable although I like the sound of that SG way more. 

You already cost me about $190 (one vibe pedal and one KC mask), if this keeps up you will need to contribute  :)

Here's a classic:

Yeah, the chick on sax is fantastic.   And Vai swears by his Ibanez.   LOL at I cost you money on gear.   Sorry if I really do that.

8 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Yeah, the chick on sax is fantastic.   And Vai swears by his Ibanez.   LOL at I cost you money on gear.   Sorry if I really do that.

You know I;m kidding, I love the pedal and my mask and have you to thank for it.

Not that I wouldn't reject any subsidy :)

Was trying to find the song "Money Thing" by Low Millions (Adam Cohen, Leonard's kid) but apparantly too obscure, so here is their hit instead that has nothing to with what we are talking about here

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

You know I;m kidding, I love the pedal and my mask and have you to thank for it.

Not that I wouldn't reject any subsidy :)

Was trying to find the song "Money Thing" by Low Millions (Adam Cohen, Leonard's kid) but apparantly too obscure, so here is their hit instead that has nothing to with what we are talking about here

Had not heard this before.   Beautiful, gorgeous vibe.   Thanks, dude.

44 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Don’t know who the drummer is but Joe Pass, Oscar Peterson and Neils Henning Pedersen... be hard to find better players ever.  For me... Joe Pass is the greatest guitar if I could only choose one  

Geez, just a couple of wankers trying to get through a simple piece of music without f*cking it up.  Who the hell are these clowns?

Seriously, thanks so very much for posting this piece.   Beautifully played.   Pass is probably my number one, too.

Also, description in YouTube says the drummer is the late Martin Drew, who I am not familiar with but just learned was a brilliant British drummer.   Clearly, the guy can play.  You don't get within a mile of a stage with those cats unless you know WTF you're doing.

Drew's obit:

Martin Drew, a British jazz drummer who was a member of the pianist Oscar Peterson’s internationally popular group for three decades, died on July 29 in London. He was 66. 

The cause was a heart attack, his wife, Tessa, said. 

Mr. Drew first worked with Peterson in 1974 at the celebrated London nightclub Ronnie Scott’s, where Mr. Drew was the house drummer. In that role he also accompanied Ella Fitzgerald, Dizzy Gillespie and many other visiting American jazz artists. 

He performed all over the world with Peterson from the mid-1970s until a few years before Peterson’s death in 2007. For most of that time the group also included the Danish bass virtuoso Niels-Henning Orsted Pedersen, who died in 2005. 

Two other prominent former Peterson sidemen have died this year: the drummer Ed Thigpen in January and the guitarist Herb Ellis in March. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/07/arts/music/07drew.html

• Upvote 1

After Neil's "Sugar Mountain", we need Joni Mitchell's response which is the beautiful "The Circle Game".    Check out what music once looked and sounded like folks.   Joni Mitchell just singing with her guitar with perfect vocal pitch.  I don't think she could sing a bad note if she tried.

17 hours ago, munchmemory said:

Been listening to this podcast. The CSNY one is a 3 parter, this is part 1. Young went from being a player they needed to tour with to a superstar who rightly looked at the other 3 as a nice backing band. 

Their other stuff, if sometimes goes a bit too off on tangents, is still very good.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-rivals-57847258/episode/disharmony-part-1-crosby-vs-stills-70948921/

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Been listening to this podcast. The CSNY one is a 3 parter, this is part 1. Young went from being a player they needed to tour with to a superstar who rightly looked at the other 3 as a nice backing band. 

Their other stuff, if sometimes goes a bit too off on tangents, is still very good.

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/1119-rivals-57847258/episode/disharmony-part-1-crosby-vs-stills-70948921/

Thanks very much for this.  Will definitely check it out.   Have a great Sunday.   How can it be bad?   We don't play today.  lol

• Haha 1

Never saw this before.  Two legends on stage together.   Awesome -- aside from the occasional wailing of Yoko Ono; thankfully someone cut off her mike for Johnny B Goode.

Today would have been John Lennon's 80th birthday.  Happy Birthday, John.

• Upvote 3