Not who I would take, but Mel says...

Ryno the Jet

the Jets will take R. Meachem at 25. Here is a blurb from Meachem's interview I snagged from KFFL:

NFL | Meachem discusses strengths

Sat, 24 Feb 2007 00:07:03 -0800

During his NFL Combine interview, Tennessee WR Robert Meachem measured a height of 6-2 and a weight of 214 pounds. During the interview, Meachem was asked to discuss his strengths. "My strengths are my hands, reading coverages and my yards after the catch. And I'm a coachable player," Meachem said.

I like the kid, but I have other ideas at 25...discuss...

Meachem would be a good pick. Despite what most think the Jets need WR's.

I looking O/DL...WHERE'S THE BEEF? I think my prediction of Blalock at 25 is going to look much better after the combine. I still think he can play at either Guard (although he is better at RG), but I also feel he can produce at RT, even with his height disadvantage; which is why I think he warrants a first round grade. As I have said all along; VERSATILITY! This one word fits for Blalock and A. Thomas; which is why I want them both in Green & White; CAN I GET AN AMEN?

I looking O/DL...WHERE'S THE BEEF? I think my prediction of Blalock at 25 is going to look much better after the combine. I still think he can play at either Guard (although he is better at RG), but I also feel he can produce at RT, even with his height disadvantage; which is why I think he warrants a first round grade. As I have said all along; VERSATILITY! This one word fits for Blalock and A. Thomas; which is why I want them both in Green & White; CAN I GET AN AMEN?

It depends on how the board falls really. I would not be opposed to that happening either. So long as the Jets can get a WR in the second round - but the Jets do need to get a WR, maybe two this offseason.

It depends on how the board falls really. I would not be opposed to that happening either. So long as the Jets can get a WR in the second round - but the Jets do need to get a WR, maybe two this offseason.

I don't agree with that. I would like them to see them pick up a new 3rd WR (slot guy). And keep Brad Smith as the #4. I loved Wallace Wright on Special Teams late last year. He is the guy in that regard.

But considering how they like Smith the new WR can be a free agent. A Tim Dwight kind of guy (bad example I know).

I don't agree with that. I would like them to see them pick up a new 3rd WR (slot guy). And keep Brad Smith as the #4. I loved Wallace Wright on Special Teams late last year. He is the guy in that regard.

So long as the Jets do not have a number one WR they will need to get stronger in depth. Coles was severly beat up last year by the end of the season and lost effectiveness. Coles is getting older and was never really all that good anyway. Nice number 2 guy in his best of days. Cothery is about the same. I like Cotchery a lot - but I have never seen so much love for a WR who has yet to have a 1000 yard season in my life.

So long as the Jets do not have a number one WR they will need to get stronger in depth. Coles was severly beat up last year by the end of the season and lost effectiveness. Coles is getting older and was never really all that good anyway. Nice number 2 guy in his best of days. Cothery is about the same. I like Cotchery a lot - but I have never seen so much love for a WR who has yet to have a 1000 yard season in my life.

Coles has several 1,000 yard seasons and 2 probowls.

If we draft a WR in the 1st rd, he's not gonna start.

However, I do feel that within 2 years, we will need a WR because Coles will be sent packing after Pennington is, within a year of that. Always go BAP in the draft.........

Cotchery was 40 yards short of 1,000 in his 1st year starting. I'd say he deserves all the love he is getting.

Coles has several 1,000 yard seasons and 2 probowls.

If we draft a WR in the 1st rd, he's not gonna start.

However, I do feel that within 2 years, we will need a WR because Coles will be sent packing after Pennington is, within a year of that. Always go BAP in the draft.........

Cotchery was 40 yards short of 1,000 in his 1st year starting. I'd say he deserves all the love he is getting.

With the amount that teams throw nowadays 1000 yards means very little. 19 Players caught for 1038 yards or more this year. Cothery is good, just not elite and dominant. He will need to be surrounded by others that can do different things well in conjunction with him. The players are just no there right now and need to be added.

I think the Jets need 2 more receiving options this offseason. Whether it be a TE and WR or 2 WR's.

I do agree that BAP is the way to go though and nothing should go above that.

Coles is clearly a # 1 guy in my book. I would rather have a Coles and Cotch 1a and 1b kind of thing going on anyhow.

You wanted to sign two WRs. The 5th WR isn't going to catch many passes anyway you slice it (unless there are a few injuries). I would keep the 5th wr as a Special Teams standout. And that is what Wright was late last year.

Get a #3 guy in here. Keep Wright and Smith relatively fresh for special teams and I would be happy.

Please elaborate on the statement and explain to me why the Jets need a WR before other pressing posisitions?....if the Jets go WR with the #25 pick, I wear one of those brown shopping bags over my head until 2025. If Kiper says the Jets go WR, he needs to look a little closer into the needs of this team.

Coles is clearly a # 1 guy in my book. I would rather have a Coles and Cotch 1a and 1b kind of thing going on anyhow.

You wanted to sign two WRs. The 5th WR isn't going to catch many passes anyway you slice it (unless there are a few injuries). I would keep the 5th wr as a Special Teams standout. And that is what Wright was late last year.

Get a #3 guy in here. Keep Wright and Smith relatively fresh for special teams and I would be happy.

No way Coles is a number one guy. There are only about 10-15 legit #1 WR's in this league and Coles is not in that class.

I said a TE and a WR would be ok instead of 2 WR's. I think if Greg Olsen is there at 25 he would need to be the pick above all others. Meachem would also be a great pick. He would also add something to the WR's that they lack. He has size and would guve the Jets a legit #3 that can develope into a legit #1 in the years to come.

A wr at #25? WTF? The only way that would even be forgiveable is if Dwayne Jarrett were still available.

I don't believe that Dwayne Jarrett is the second or even third best wr in this draft. I await his forty time to disprove me.

If the Jets draft one of these studs in the first round they'd damn well better start. Coles and Cotchery are both good, even very good. They can be upgraded, but it'd certainly be more cost effective to fill our actual holes first. You never saw so much love for a WR w/o a 1000 yard season? Remember the Deion Branch love during his holdout?

If the Jets draft one of these studs in the first round they'd damn well better start. Coles and Cotchery are both good, even very good. They can be upgraded, but it'd certainly be more cost effective to fill our actual holes first. You never saw so much love for a WR w/o a 1000 yard season? Remember the Deion Branch love during his holdout?

IT is hard for a WR, even a great one to come in and start as a rookie.

Deion Branch is a good comparison at this point.

Meachem would be a good pick. Despite what most think the Jets need WR's.

Well we already have Coles and Cotchery. Maybe we could grab a #3 WR but you do not spend a 1st-round pick on a #3 WR. I imagine the Jets will be going DL or CB with this pick, taking a WR would be incredibly foolish.

A wr at #25? WTF? The only way that would even be forgiveable is if Dwayne Jarrett were still available.

If Jarretts available ( I totally doubt it) at 25 and Tannenbaum passes on him I hope the crowd revolts and hangs the GM right then and there. If not I will travel to NY the following week and do it myself.

Mecheam is a good value for the 25th selection and it does not mean Jets have to take him. Kiper uses his own top 35 draftboard to make a mock draft and thats all. Smokescreen or Prediction? it does not matter.

I dont mind having him but I like someone else for a latter round. If Mecheam is still available at the 25th then I hope Jets trade down.

I don't believe that Dwayne Jarrett is the second or even third best wr in this draft. I await his forty time to disprove me.

I agree that Jarrett's speed could make or break him as an NFL receiver. He has all the tools to be a great NFL WR however he may be lacking enough speed.

I am, however, rooting for Jarrett to do well in the pros. He's from my college town. He received All-America honors playing for Tony Montana Memorial High School in New Brunswick, NJ. Too bad Schiano couldn't get him.

I agree that Jarrett's speed could make or break him as an NFL receiver. He has all the tools to be a great NFL WR however he may be lacking enough speed.

I am, however, rooting for Jarrett to do well in the pros. He's from my college town. He received All-America honors playing for Tony Montana Memorial High School in New Brunswick, NJ. Too bad Schiano couldn't get him.

Funny, that's pretty much why I'm not rooting for him. Running off to USC instead of staying with RU. I think Jarrett looked too slow in the (limited) games I've seen. OTOH, some of the clips made him look much faster and more of a leaper than I thought. We'll know on pro day. I think CJ, Meacham, Bowe and Ginn may all go before him. Maybe not Ginn. He's raw, but you can't discount his return ability and he's only been at wr for a short time. He can be taught, but you can't coach speed. Is it just me or is everybody running super fast this year? Did they change the timers?

Archived