JETS land Thomas Jones from Bears (MERGED 4x)

Sir Speez

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hope thats not true. Two 2nd rounders for Jones is way to much.

I read it as Jones and THEIR 2008 2nd-rounder for our 2nd rounder, so it would probably be our early one if it plays out this way.

Their 2nd-rounder next year typically carries the weight of their 1st rounder this year, so this makes no sense.

I'm not happy with this deal. He's a solid back but old and the fact that we gave up a 2nd rounder for him really pisses me off. It BETTER be our 2nd and not Washington's.

He should be solid for us for another year or two and is a nice combo with Leon, but we gave up to much. He's not worth a 2nd round choice. I guess it softens the blow that we get theirs in 08' but, like I said, we better not have given up Washington's pick.

I read it as Jones and THEIR 2008 2nd-rounder for our 2nd rounder, so it would probably be our early one if it plays out this way.

CORRECT we GET JONES & 08 2nd Rnd Pick for 1 of oour 2nd this yr...i could be wrong but that is what i thought i heard them say and if thats the case I like that trade

Decent pick-up. We got Thomas Jones which is nice but at what cost? We're at 59 and 63 now, lets see if those are packaged to move up.

One thing is for sure, the Vilma to Detroit at #2 is pretty much a done deal not to happen now that we will have no interest in Adrian Peterson.

link - http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2788962

For the lazy:

Sources: Bears to swap Jones for Jets draft pick

ESPN.com news services

According to league sources, the Bears have agreed to trade RB Thomas Jones and a 2007 second-round pick (No. 63 overall) to the Jets for a 2007 second-round pick -- No. 37 overall -- which was acquired previously in a trade from Washington, ESPN.com's Michael Smith reported.

Thomas Jones s5036.jpgRunning Back

Chicago Bears

Profile 2006 SEASON STATISTICS Rush Yds TD Rec Yds TD 296 1210 6 36 154 0 The Jets still have two picks in the second round -- No. 59 and now No. 63.

The Jets and Jones' representative Drew Rosenhaus are believed to be working on a new contract with Jones, whose unhappiness with his Bears contract led to him skipping off-season workouts this past season.

The Bears now have the No. 31st (first round) and 37th overall picks.

Not their pick #63 this year. NEXT year's 2nd-rounder.

Wonder why Chicago would do this. In terms of trade value for draft picks, it's roughly free for us. But then we do have to give him a new contract.

in my views this is a very good deal for us.. thomas has proven he is an ever down back who can break tackles pretty easily very strong runner

Archived