We should trade up for the Lions pick

angry jets fan

Chadwick, Clemens, whatever, and draft picks for the #2 overall pick ... and take Brady Quinn.

This season is going to be a waste with Pennington floundering at QB and Clemens probably not getting much time unless Pennington gets hurt.

Awsome idea, lets trade #25, both seconds, and a day two pick and move up to take a QB, when we drafted one in the second round of last year's draft. Clearly Clemens is a bust, i mean there is no way he could be good.

Chadwick, Clemens, whatever, and draft picks for the #2 overall pick ... and take Brady Quinn.

This season is going to be a waste with Pennington floundering at QB and Clemens probably not getting much time unless Pennington gets hurt.

_blank_ jets fan , would be better fitiing... I will let people use their imagination for the _blank_ word... :)

You wouldn't even need to trade up that high to get Quinn first of all. I would only consider trading up to #2 if Calvin Johnson isn't the 1st pick on draft day cause he would imporve our team immediately.

People can argue that we already have a good set of recievers and I won't challenge that, but you have to acknowledge CJ will become a mismatch against every single team in the NFL the second he steps on the field. His size speed and skill are just going to be too much for any cornerback to handle.

I know it is a wild fantasy to get a QB that can actually go out and win a game. Just a pipe dream! Even the Lions organization wouldn't be that stupid. Maybe it can be done in Madden. :)

_blank_ jets fan , would be better fitiing... I will let people use their imagination for the _blank_ word... :)

Why would we want a big, strong armed mobile QB who excelled in a pro-style offense when we have Chad Pennington and a Jay Fiedler wannabe?

Why would we want a big, strong armed mobile QB who excelled in a pro-style offense when we have Chad Pennington and a Jay Fiedler wannabe?

If tangini thought clemens was a fiedler wanna be, they would have pulled the trigger on Cutler/Leinart last year. Its a year late to make a big QB draft pick.

might as well with Chadwick at QB. Chadwick isn't taking us anywhere.

Wait so a playoff QB isnt taking the JETS anywhere, but you KNOW that Brady Quinn would??? :rl::rl: You should go apply for a job in the NFL, you seem to know more than the current JETS staff... in your own mind at least...

I could see why your name is " Angry Jets Fan "...

Brady Quinn can't win a bowl game. He really can't lead his team to victory against the Michigan's, USC's, Ohio State's, LSU's of the world..

Yeah great.. Trade half the team and picks for a guy who can put up numbers but can't lead the team to victory in the biggest of games...

Chad P might have a weak arm, but when he stays healthy, the Jets usually make the playoffs.

We know nothing about Clemmons at this point, maybe he'll be nothing or maybe he'll be good, who knows.... But he's been a NY Jet for one season.

Brady Quinn might be a bust, he might not... All I'm saying is if they wanted to take a QB in the first round, they would have taken Young, Leinart or Cutler last year.

Brady Quinn might be a bust, he might not... All I'm saying is if they wanted to take a QB in the first round, they would have taken Young, Leinart or Cutler last year.

Which would have been the smart thing to do. Instead, we're stuck with a qb controversy where you have Kellen groupies criticizing Chad for being a game manager and wanting to replace him with a guy who isn't all that good.

Which would have been the smart thing to do. Instead, we're stuck with a qb controversy where you have Kellen groupies criticizing Chad for being a game manager and wanting to replace him with a guy who isn't all that good.

Yes, those groupies are annoying.

Much more annoying than those QB gurus that were able to tell that Kellen Clemens is a Jay Fielder clone by watching him take 15 garbage-time snaps in his rookie season.

Yeah, let's trade Vilma and D-Rob while we're at it. :rolleyes:

Yes, those groupies are annoying.

Much more annoying than those QB gurus that were able to tell that Kellen Clemens is a Jay Fielder clone by watching him take 15 garbage-time snaps in his rookie season.

Hey Mr. QB evaluator, the odds of Clemens becoming Jay Fiedler are way higher than Brodie Croyle being anything in the NFL.

By the way, Brady Quinn should be doing cartwheels now that he got your little vote of no confidence in him. That means he's probably going to win Offensive Rookie of The Year.

Hey Mr. QB evaluator, the odds of Clemens becoming Jay Fiedler are way higher than Brodie Croyle being anything in the NFL.

By the way, Brady Quinn should be doing cartwheels now that he got your little vote of no confidence in him. That means he's probably going to win Offensive Rookie of The Year.

I don't ever recall annointing Brodie Croyle as a future franchise QB. I just said he would be a better pro than Vince Young.

But I guess I shouldn't be arguing with you, since your superior wisdom allows you to see that Kellen Clemens = Jay Fiedler based on Kellen's ONE passing attempt as a rookie. Since, Croyle had a grand total of SEVEN attempts, I am sure you could write a 500-page analysis of his pro career thus far.

Sorry if you've heard me say this before, but it bears repeating.

I live near the Lions. You DONT want their pick. The best pick in the draft is the one AFTER the Lions. They will use their psychic abilities and pick the only bust in the top 3. The team after them can pretty much throw a dart at the board and get the winner.

might as well with Chadwick at QB. Chadwick isn't taking us anywhere.

Didn't we win 10 games last year when we were expected by EVERYONE to win like 4? And I remember myself driving up to NE in January for a game at the end of the season for the playoffs.

I guess if we did that last year we will definitely go nowhere this year, yeah.

put down the pipe buddy

ummmmmmmm, No.

Archived