Leberfeld's newest whine-fest (I guess he really misses Herm)

SoFlaJets

June 08, 2007

Mum's the Word With Mangini

A big story over the last week has been the case of Andrew Speaker.

He has been criticized for traveling with a dangerous former of TB. This is a serious matter. The disease is highly contagious.

But another health matter that should be getting just as much attention, are the mysterious ailments plaguing some New York Jets players.

Wide receiver Tim Dwight, center Nick Mangold and linebacker Matt Chatham are being held out of the OTA's, and it unclear what is wrong with them.

The Jets can only hope their conditions aren't contagious.

Seriously, Eric Mangini knows what is wrong with Dwight, Mangold and Chatham, but he isn't telling. He thinks divulging any injury information is detrimental to his team. Even in the off-season.

30 other coaches discuss injuries, but Mangini doesn't. Why, because the only other coach who handles injury information this way is his mentor, Bill Belichick?

Last year's Super Bowl was between Indianapolis and Chicago, and their coaches talk about injuries. It didn't seem to put them at a competitive disadvantage.

The media has such utter disdain for Giants coach Tom Coughlin, but he answers injury questions.

But I guess because Mangini smiles and laughs during his press conference, his insulting approach with reporters is okay. He wins them over with his charm.

And as long as he wins, nobody can criticize him.

However, win or lose, what he is doing is unnecessary, especially during the off-season.

It's also unfair to fans and reporters.

June 08, 2007

He has been criticized for traveling with a dangerous former of TB. This is a serious matter. The disease is highly contagious.

But another health matter that should be getting just as much attention, are the mysterious ailments plaguing some New York Jets players.

Wide receiver Tim Dwight, center Nick Mangold and linebacker Matt Chatham are being held out of the OTA's, and it unclear what is wrong with them.

Seriously, Eric Mangini knows what is wrong with Dwight, Mangold and Chatham, but he isn't telling. He thinks divulging any injury information is detrimental to his team. Even in the off-season.

30 other coaches discuss injuries, but Mangini doesn't. Why, because the only other coach who handles injury information this way is his mentor, Bill Belichick?

Last year's Super Bowl was between Indianapolis and Chicago, and their coaches talk about injuries. It didn't seem to put them at a competitive disadvantage.

The media has such utter disdain for Giants coach Tom Coughlin, but he answers injury questions.

But I guess because Mangini smiles and laughs during his press conference, his insulting approach with reporters is okay. He wins them over with his charm.

However, win or lose, what he is doing is unnecessary, especially during the off-season.

I'm sick and tired of the media bitching and moaning because a Coach doesn't give them the inside scoop.

I'm sick and tired of the media bitching and moaning because a Coach doesn't give them the inside scoop.

Were you happy when you knew that all of us would share your POV once Mangini came to town? Now they have two coaches to bitch at...

Any fan who is unhappy with Eric Mangini please raise their hand? Cue Crickets...............

Lebretard seems to completely gloss over the fact that we have been plagued by horrigble coaches for years, including the diarrhea mouth Duh Herm. Mangini took a crappy team to the playoffs in his first season. Not one coach in our history has done that. So please forgive us fans for not being sympathetic to the fact that you're unhappy about not being thrown scraps of useless information. Honestly, who gives a crap what's ailing these guys right now? I care about the season....more importantly I care and have the confidence that if there is a problem with a player in the regular season that our coaching staff has a solution that will help win games regardless. So please Lebretard, don't lump fans into your little cryfest over not getting any information. We're thrilled with our coach and can find plenty of ways to entertain ourselves.

Until Week 1 there's no requirement to tell anyone anything. Ans Mangini is from the Parcells/Bellichick mold that they do not discuss injured players spare a release of the NFL-mandated injury reports. So boo-freaking-hoo.

Any fan who is unhappy with Eric Mangini please raise their hand? Cue Crickets...............

Lebretard seems to completely gloss over the fact that we have been plagued by horrigble coaches for years, including the diarrhea mouth Duh Herm. Mangini took a crappy team to the playoffs in his first season. Not one coach in our history has done that. So please forgive us fans for not being sympathetic to the fact that you're unhappy about not being thrown scraps of useless information. Honestly, who gives a crap what's ailing these guys right now? I care about the season....more importantly I care and have the confidence that if there is a problem with a player in the regular season that our coaching staff has a solution that will help win games regardless. So please Lebretard, don't lump fans into your little cryfest over not getting any information. We're thrilled with our coach and can find plenty of ways to entertain ourselves.

Excellent post. Those fat arsed "journalists" can go F themselves!

"30 other coaches discuss injuries, but Mangini doesn't. Why, because the only other coach who handles injury information this way is his mentor, Bill Belichick?"

- I know another thing that Bill Belichick does that the other dont..win multiple super bowls

"30 other coaches discuss injuries, but Mangini doesn't. Why, because the only other coach who handles injury information this way is his mentor, Bill Belichick?"

- I know another thing that Bill Belichick does that the other dont..win multiple super bowls

Mike Shanahan doesn't either. He was fined one week by the NFL for not putting an injury on the report. So the following week and ever since, he puts almost the whole team on the report, many with injuires they don't have, and listed some weeks 35 guys as"probable". don't see anything wrong with that approach. The injury report is more about the NFL worrying about gamblers getting inside info, so why should a coach care about that?

Mike Shanahan doesn't either. He was fined one week by the NFL for not putting an injury on the report. So the following week and ever since, he puts almost the whole team on the report, many with injuires they don't have, and listed some weeks 35 guys as"probable". don't see anything wrong with that approach. The injury report is more about the NFL worrying about gamblers getting inside info, so why should a coach care about that?

why should coaches even have to do an injury report? it's moronic. It's football, people get hurt, when someone goes on IR, you'll know it's bad.

The only thing unnecessary is your job fat ass, you're just angry that the internet breaks stories faster and our debates cover more angles and are more intelligent (all jokes aside, I wouldn't post and read if I didn't respect other Jet's fans opinions) than the garbage you and your other donut gobbling kin can cobble together. I'd love it if the entire New York sports media was just fired one day.

What a tool.

Randy Lange ran a nice series during the OTA's.

He just reported what he saw the players doing.

Instead of complaining about what the coach isn't saying, why don't they just report what they see?

Isn't that why it's called reporting?

These guys don't understand that no one gives a **** about them. on a related note, am I the only one who can't ****ing stand Mike Lupica, I wish that guy would just shut the **** up already, guy doesn't deserve a job.

What a tool.

Randy Lange ran a nice series during the OTA's.

He just reported what he saw the players doing.

Instead of complaining about what the coach isn't saying, why don't they just report what they see?

Isn't that why it's called reporting?

beautiflly f***in illustrated mate.

Ive spoken to Lebby personally a couple times and just know as a coach he holds Mangini in a very high regard. He raves about how smart Eric is. This lack of info on the injuries just happens to frustrate leberfeld, o well tough titties for him. He thinks Jets fans are craving for this info but we really arent. He asked me what I thought of Mangini's interviews and I told him straight up I dont care and I barely listen/read them, I just want to win on sundays.

June 08, 2007

This cry baby :baby: needs to stop getting storys handed to him and start workin for them. He gets no sympathy from this corner.

Mangini has stated since DAY ONE as the head coach of the NY JETS he will not ever dicuss players injuries..As the coach says, consistancy is important and he is being very consistent in his approach about injuries and oh yeah... and not talking about the game plan before the game. The coach has opened up and let us see his humerous side which from my view the JET FANS are loving..Sorry Dan don't lump me in with you.

Archived