Gary Sheffield* pulls race card on Torre/Jeter

Jet/BosoxFan

Garroid* basically shook the baseball world's foundation today with explosive comments aimed squarely at Joe Torre and the Yankee organization.

Read the story:

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-tigers-sheffield&prov=ap&type=lgns

Then consider this...what is the one thing that guilty people who are charged with something (racist comments, rape, murder, cheating on a test...)???

Yep, they all say "No comment"

Guess what Torre said when asked to comment? Yep, "No Comment"

Yikes. Now I like Joe Torre basically from what I know of him...but he cant be saying no comment here. He has to step up and defend himself against these charges. And Jetes...for the love of Pete...drop the tired Boy Scout act that nobody is buying...stand up for yourself too.

***This is a combustible topic, can we get through this without shooting the messenger?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Garroid* basically shook the baseball world's foundation today with explosive comments aimed squarely at Joe Torre and the Yankee organization.

Read the story:

Then consider this...what is the one thing that guilty people who are charged with something (racist comments, rape, murder, cheating on a test...)???

Yikes. Now I like Joe Torre basically from what I know of him...but he cant be saying no comment here. He has to step up and defend himself against these charges. And Jetes...for the love of Pete...drop the tired Boy Scout act that nobody is buying...stand up for yourself too.

***This is a combustible topic, can we get through this without shooting the messenger?

This is not a combustible story so shut the f uck up.

If you want to see a real combustible story or two I would suggest you take a look at my Michael Wilbon post in the Lounge.

I'll wait until i see the interview before i make up my mind, but I can see it being possible that Torre treats black players different than white players. Not too many white guys on the yankees in his time though, were there?

Sheffield* would be the second best hitter on the Yanks right now if they hadn't traded him for scraps.

Where was he going to play? They had no choice but to trade him and the guys they got for him are going to be good (unlike the guys they got for johnson)

Where was he going to play? They had no choice but to trade him and the guys they got for him are going to be good (unlike the guys they got for johnson)

You are right, Mike. Andy Phillips is too valuable to keep on the pine.

Read the story:

Sheffield :fighting0050: should just shut his big fat pie hole. His comments served no useful purpose at all. Then sayin that Jeter was not really black was just frosting on this nut jobs cake.

If you want to see a real combustible story or two I would suggest you take a look at my Michael Wilbon post in the Lounge.

He doesn't know we have a Lounge here.

Sigh.

I wouldnt read any of your nonsense if you paid me. Nobody cares about you are Michael Wilbon and this Sheffield story is TOTALLY combustible (meaning it COULD blow up for those of you GAYNZO, who dont know what 2+-syllable words mean) as far as the Yankees are concerned. Perhaps Reverand Al gets involved, and St. Joe is Don Imused by Al and his minions. Then you have a wildfire......SO DONT F'N TELL ME ITS NOT COMBUSTIBLE!!!

I know this thread/topic doesnt fit into your agenda of guzzling the nuts@cks of JN Yankee fans so they profess to liking you, but Sheffroid* said this stuff, not me.

Bosox --

Here is the problem that I have with what you just did. I know what you do here. You stir the sh*t. But how about for once you discuss something seriously. Really what you typed is not true and you know it.

Everyone who is guily says no comment? Come on.

In the visiting clubhouse at Safeco Field, Sheffield stood behind what he said to HBO -- that Torre is not a racist -- but also tried to clarify some statements. In the piece, when it was mentioned that the Yankees' most prominent player -- Derek Jeter -- is black, Sheffield quickly clarified that Jeter is "black and white."

When asked the significance of that, Sheffield said, "It's really no significance. It's just you ain't all the way black."

This is typical Sheff crap. Torre treats black players differently. But Torre isn't racist. This is what Sheff is saying? So what's the point, if he truly treats black players differently then he is racist. Sheff needs to make up his mind here, which one it is.

As far as Torre and Jeter saying no comment -- I credit them for that. They are a team that is struggling. Why the hell would they care what Sheff thinks? He is gone, commenting on this does not help them win games. They have no responsibility to get involved in this what so ever.

You can blast the Yankees all you want. My question for you is this. You said Torre and Jeter are guilty. Guilty of what? Sheff says they aren't racist. Sheff says they treats black players differently and they aren't racist. Is that what they are guilty of? Do educate us. I would love to hear how Jeter treats black players differently.

Sigh.

I wouldnt read any of your nonsense if you paid me. Nobody cares about you are Michael Wilbon and this Sheffield story is TOTALLY combustible (meaning it COULD blow up for those of you GAYNZO, who dont know what 2+-syllable words mean) as far as the Yankees are concerned. Perhaps Reverand Al gets involved, and St. Joe is Don Imused by Al and his minions. Then you have a wildfire......SO DONT F'N TELL ME ITS NOT COMBUSTIBLE!!!

I know this thread/topic doesnt fit into your agenda of guzzling the nuts@cks of JN Yankee fans so they profess to liking you, but Sheffroid* said this stuff, not me.

So when you are on all these News sites you just search anything Yankees and post it??

Do you know this thing, it's called the Red Sox, I don't think you've ever posted about them.

Typical Sheff indeed. A great player, and a complete idiot. Torre probablay didn't like Sheffeiled, and can you blame him? This is a man so self-absorbed that he fired his agent, negotiated a contract himself with Steinbrenner directly, and then whined that he wanted to renegotiate.

I thnk this should be the last year Torre manages. But this is a bad joke.

One of Torre's best friends in baseball is Bob Gibson, who was his pitching coach with the Mets.

If he's such a racist, why did he all during 1996 and 1997 habitually play the inferior Charlies Hayes over HoFer Wade Boggs?

As far as Torre and Jeter saying no comment -- I credit them for that. They are a team that is struggling. Why the hell would they care what Sheff thinks? He is gone, commenting on this does not help them win games. They have no responsibility to get involved in this what so ever.

Agreed. Sheffield is a troublemaker wherever he goes.

Typical Sheff indeed. A great player, and a complete idiot. Torre probablay didn't like Sheffeiled, and can you blame him? This is a man so self-absorbed that he fired his agent, negotiated a contract himself with Steinbrenner directly, and then whined that he wanted to renegotiate.

I thnk this should be the last year Torre manages. But this is a bad joke.

One of Torre's best friends in baseball is Bob Gibson, who was his pitching coach with the Mets.

If he's such a racist, why did he all during 1996 and 1997 habitually play the inferior Charlies Hayes over HoFer Wade Boggs?

Bugg this is why you are such a good poster. You are on record as having problems, many problems, with Joe's managing style. But you are fair. Always fair.

Max, hold on for a second here. Forget about what I normally do for a second...

Over the past 4 years, I have been KILLING Sheffield* and over the past 10 years, Joe Torre has really gotten a pass from me. You dont hear me say much about Torre, and I have NEVER said anything about his character. I'm a Torre fan somewhat. I know Sheffield's* MO, I hate the man vehmently, I think he's full of $h!t, nor do I believe a word of what sheffroid* said...

I just dont need Joe T "No commenting" and I really dont need Jeter being the Boy Scout. I need them both to put Sheff* in the line of fire!

The choice was never Sheffield or Phillips. Sheffield made it very clear that he wasn't going to play 1B here.

Please! Sheffroid* didnt choose to leave. He also sucked like a Hoover in the postseason every time the Yankees made it to the postseason. His numbers were WORSE than even A-rod's. Every year that the Yankees fall painfully short, they cut one or two people, then bring in 3 or 4 who are even worse!

Thats why Sheffroid* is in Detroit now. Believe me, he'd be playing 1st base in NY if the Yankees wanted him back for another $13 million per year.

Sheff is this delusional- he really believes that a pro athlete could get on a plane from his home in Tampa to northern California to lift weights with Bonds during the offseason. And that he paid $1500 for simple flaxseed oil from some high falutin' company like Balco. And that streoids are only injected into your hiney(apparently a touchy issue given his wife and R.Kelly's personal habits).

Flaxseed oil costs about $7 at CVS.

There are gyms in Tampa, some that are no doubt high end with great personal trainers looking to work with pro athletes.

There's no reason in this day and age that even if he felt Bonds' program was so great, he could've had it faxed or e-mailed to him or his Tampa trainer. And the wonderous special flaxseed oil could've been shipped overnight. OF course though, one might be less inclined to ship a controlled substance like steroids. Such a shipment would be inspected and if intercepted might cause you some embarrassment or even arrest. But if you happen to be in San Fransisco, suddenly the whole shipping problem is a nonissue. And then it becoems clear Sheffield knew exactly what he was doing there with Bonds in the first place.

What becomes clear is that Sheffield is lying, and he's so used to lying that he now believes his lies are the truth. What a delusional a-hole.

Max, hold on for a second here. Forget about what I normally do for a second...

Over the past 4 years, I have been KILLING Sheffield* and over the past 10 years, Joe Torre has really gotten a pass from me. You dont hear me say much about Torre, and I have NEVER said anything about his character. I'm a Torre fan somewhat. I know Sheffield's* MO, I hate the man vehmently, I think he's full of $h!t, nor do I believe a word of what sheffroid* said...

I just dont need Joe T "No commenting" and I really dont need Jeter being the Boy Scout. I need them both to put Sheff* in the line of fire!

Okay but that is not going to help the Yankees win games. It is only going to create more of a circus.

This reminds me of when that ass wipe uncle of his Doc Gooden left the Yankees after the 97 season and bad mouthed Torre and heir Steinbrenner (who revived that shmucks career). only to come crawling back and begging for forgiveness. like uncle, like nephew. Sheffield is a POS.

Bosox --

Here is the problem that I have with what you just did. I know what you do here. You stir the sh*t. But how about for once you discuss something seriously. Really what you typed is not true and you know it.

Everyone who is guily says no comment? Come on.

This is typical Sheff crap. Torre treats black players differently. But Torre isn't racist. This is what Sheff is saying? So what's the point, if he truly treats black players differently then he is racist. Sheff needs to make up his mind here, which one it is.

You can blast the Yankees all you want. My question for you is this. You said Torre and Jeter are guilty. Guilty of what? Sheff says they aren't racist. Sheff says they treats black players differently and they aren't racist. Is that what they are guilty of? Do educate us. I would love to hear how Jeter treats black players differently.

Jinxy=Pwned. :P Great post Max.

Sigh.

GAYNZO. How original.

Sheff has a big mouth and absolutely no credibility. Would you even have mentioned this if Sheff said Francona was a racist?

Please! Sheffroid* didnt choose to leave. He also sucked like a Hoover in the postseason every time the Yankees made it to the postseason. His numbers were WORSE than even A-rod's. Every year that the Yankees fall painfully short, they cut one or two people, then bring in 3 or 4 who are even worse!

Thats why Sheffroid* is in Detroit now. Believe me, he'd be playing 1st base in NY if the Yankees wanted him back for another $13 million per year.

Thanks for the negative rep. Much appreciated. I really enjoyed your comment:

suck my **** you FAGGOT!!!

that wasnt me...I dont use such homophobic rhetoric.

Youre not exactly Mr. Popularity around here Gainz...

I may not be the most popular guy on the board but I'll bet the house that most posters here think I'm a hell of a lot more rational than you are.

I may not be the most popular guy on the board but I'll bet the house that most posters here think I'm a hell of a lot more rational than you are.

You may be right about that. For all I care youre 100% right...just dont go assuming it was me sending you private hatemail.

If I had something to say to you, I would:

-say it to your face

-dumb it down for you

-not resort to homophobic slurs when I have such an expansive vocabulary!

And FYI, most posters here GET ME and my purpose for beign here...therefore they do not consider me irrational.

You may be right about that. For all I care youre 100% right...just dont go assuming it was me sending you private hatemail.

If I had something to say to you, I would:

-say it to your face

-dumb it down for you

-not resort to homophobic slurs when I have such an expansive vocabulary!

And FYI, most posters here GET ME and my purpose for beign here...therefore they do not consider me irrational.

So the negative rep and nasty comment I received from Jet/BosoxFan wasn't from you? Did someone hack into your account?

All you do is make fun of the Yankees. I don't call that a purpose, I call it pathetic.

Read the story:

Joe Torre is doing what anyone with an ounce of class would do. He responds with a "No Comment." I applaud Torre for NOT feeding into the stupid media's ploys. He has things to do - like manage a team that is trying to make the playoffs. Acknowledging Sheffields comments in anyway would be counter-productive. Just shut-up and let Sheff make an arse out of himself.

Archived