Team NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGENT

Team Pennington and Team Clemens are nice. Heck, even Team Tui is cool. But, lets be honest for once. The man who is going to make or break the Jets' season, the leader, the man with the golden foot, arm, legs and mind, is our fearless leader, Mike Nugent. You know the great gods? Well, Mike Nugent is one step ahead of them in the ladder of importance. Mike Nugent is the man. The best player on this team. If you do not believe in the NUUUUUUUUUUUUGE, then you do not believe in the Jets. NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE mania is sweeping the nation.

Do You Nuge?

PH2006122500720.jpg

nugent-fg1-360_2267.jpg

Team Pennington and Team Clemens are nice. Heck, even Team Tui is cool. But, lets be honest for once. The man who is going to make or break the Jets' season, the leader, the man with the golden foot, arm, legs and mind, is our fearless leader, Mike Nugent. You know the great gods? Well, Mike Nugent is one step ahead of them in the ladder of importance. Mike Nugent is the man. The best player on this team. If you do not believe in the NUUUUUUUUUUUUGE, then you do not believe in the Jets. NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE mania is sweeping the nation.

Do You Nuge?

PH2006122500720.jpg

nugent-fg1-360_2267.jpg

Dud, i just want to be on the same page as everyone here, and admitedly maybe i am a little slow when it comes to the jokes around here, but this whole nuge thing you have going, this is sarcasm right? I mean, you aren't THIS big a fan of a kicker are you?

Dud, i just want to be on the same page as everyone here, and admitedly maybe i am a little slow when it comes to the jokes around here, but this whole nuge thing you have going, this is sarcasm right? I mean, you aren't THIS big a fan of a kicker are you?

No. I'm a HUGE fan of the Nuge, and this is no joke. If you look back to before the '05 draft, I wanted the Jets to draft him or Justin Miller in the 1st round, and we got them both. How do you like dem apples? I'm a Michigan fan in College Football so I know how effective THE NUGE can be, and to finally be able to root for him, its awesome. I have a Nuge jersey acutally, never have worn it to a game, but I might break it out this season. I usually wear it at home when watching the game. My gameday jersey at the stadium has always been a Curtis Martin but I might be breaking that tradition this season.

**** yeah man!

You know what was interesting to see. When I went to Cleveland for the Jets / Browns game, well, we all know Ohio State is #1 in that state no matter what, the Browns fans still did the NUUUUUUUUUUGE chant, with me, whenenver he lined up to kick. Pretty cool.

I also brought the NUUUUUUUUUGE chant on the road to New England. This year I plan to bring it to a Giants home game and New England again. Next year is Buffalo! The Nuge chant must travel! I do it at every home game. Sometimes people look at me, sometimes they join in. When they join in, I know the true NUUUUUUUUUUGE supporters.

I NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!!!!

I've always been a big fan of him ever since he was at Ohio State. I saw his name as a freshman and liked him ever since because 1) kickers are so damn unappreciated, 2) is private, but you can guess it, as long as you don't steal my identity. :)

Him becoming a jet was HUGE, he's been my favorite player ever since. I've always liked him, even when no one else did. He's just so damn awesome! A neighbor of mine went to a promotional event and got all these pictures with him, LUCKY B****!! LOL

NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE!!!!!!!!

If I hear this argument about his kickoffs one more time I'm going to scream. The Jets still give the opponents one of the longest fields to work with in the NFL. I believe they're in the Top 5 in giving the opponents the longest field to work with after a Kickoff. What the hell do you people want? #1 in the league? Get over it. The man is paid to make kickoffs and last year after Week 1 he missed ONE the entire rest of the way, a 54 yarder in windy Cleveland.

I did a Nuge Dance (in the Rain) as a ran out of dolfag stadium last year screamin'

NUUUUUUUGGEEE .it was F'ing Great.you guys should have seen the look on those sorry

@ss Dolfags Faces as Nuge kick the last field goal (Priceless).

I was at that game too. Except I went out with my friends singing the Miami Dolphins 'fight song'. Which is just plain pathetic on a good day. I only saw about two sorry ass dolfags, as nearly the whole stadium was Jets fans by the end of the game. (No, we didnt hesitate to scream J-E-T-S Jets!! Jets!! Jets!! as loud as possible when they were in hearing distance).

Anyway, back on topic...I've always been a fan of Nuuuuuuuge, especially as I am an OSU fan. He had a rough start to his 1st two seasons but picked it up as the season progressed both times, especially last year. Nugent is a great kicker who is automatic from 50 yds and in and can really help take a lot of pressure of the offense on redzone drives.

I wasn't high on the Jets picking Nugent, and his start was pretty poor. But I have to admit, he has improved a lot. Good for him, and the Jets.

But he's still no more than an okay NFL starter. Not a star. Not a difference maker. But he isn't bad either.

I'm pretty happy with the kicking/special teams players we have. I'm a lot more worried about the D-line, and of course the non-existing run blocking.

The latest edition of JC states that Nuge has worked on his kickoffs all off season and has been booting them much longer lately. We've heard it before, and I'm not buying it until I see it in the stadium, but if he could add a bit to that part of his game he can be an even better weapon.....

Archived