A Thread About the New York Mets

nj meadowlands

Oh wait...

I'm a Yankee fan, I don't feel like ruffling Met fan feathers for no reason, and I couldn't give a flying turd

Hmm... Never mind

Carry on

Excellent thread. It's about time we talk about an NY team that is leading their division.

Sorry mate. I couldn't resist the temptation to post!

Carry on with NYY vs NYM.

I'm perfectly willing to talk about the Mets. I have nothing against them at all. Comparing the Mets and Yankees is about as useful as comparing the devil rays to the giants.

It is a pretty foregone conclusion in most circles that the Mets will be making the playoffs. Although they have not played well, there is not a team in their division, or in the NL that will keep them out of the playoffs. They are not a big, or interesting story either in NY or baseball

What is a story in Ny and all of baseball is that the Yankees ahave struggled, and whether they can even mount a charge for playoff positioning. That is certainly a more meaty story.

You could almost say that the Mets and Yanks have changed positions of previous recent years, where the Yanks coasted to the playoffs, and their story began in October, and teh Mets just tried to join the party any way they could.

The title of this forum is "Baseball". Not "Yankee fans talking Yankee baseball" or "Mets fans talking Mets baseball"

Why some people have a hard time figuring this out, or why they hate it that other fans talk about their team, is beyond most simple minded comprehension.

Mets OF Alou hits home run in first rehab game

July 16, 2007

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- New York Mets outfielder Moises Alou homered in his first rehab game Monday and said he is only one or two weeks away from returning to the majors.

The 41-year-old left fielder has been out since tearing a quadriceps muscle in his left leg on May 12. He went 2-for-3 Monday, with a solo homer and a walk, for the Gulf Coast League Mets. :Typotux:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mets infield just gets stronger and younger everyday, 2nd baseman Ruben Gotay is batting .389 in his last 18 at bats.

Outfield gets younger and stronger- Marlin Anderson replacing Julio Franco...

Pedro should be back in the line-up late August, early September.

This is a fun, exciting team to watch play.

Has anybody else read the SI June 18 spread on Omar Minaya? Check it out, it's a great story about the American dream.

:Typotux:

Mets OF Alou hits home run in first rehab game

July 16, 2007

PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. -- New York Mets outfielder Moises Alou homered in his first rehab game Monday and said he is only one or two weeks away from returning to the majors.

The 41-year-old left fielder has been out since tearing a quadriceps muscle in his left leg on May 12. He went 2-for-3 Monday, with a solo homer and a walk, for the Gulf Coast League Mets. :Typotux:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yep a healthy Alou is mandatory for the stretch run and any post season birth.

Our starters have done far better than we imagined so lets get th bats going full force and see what happens.

A healthy Alou and Pedro is as good as any deadline deal........plus we give up nada in getting both back.

I would also investigate Heilman for Dye as the WSox have no bullpen at either the Major or Minor League level. The WSox could also use him as a SP if Aaron issists on starting as likely either Contreras-Vasquez or Garland get moved anyway.

I know Dye's only a rental but a outfield come October(if we make it) of Alou-Beltran-Dye with a already formidable infield will hopefully be a tough out. We could lalso sign him and cut ties with Moises and Green in the off season.

Add that to a possible play-off rotation of Maine-Pedro-Perez and Glavine or Duke and a ring is not out of the question.

I have a feeling Omar adds a Mark Loretta type as well.

Add that to a possible play-off rotation of Maine-Pedro-Perez and Glavine or Duke and a ring is not out of the question.

I have a feeling Omar adds a Mark Loretta type as well.

The rotation is great, and I like the one two punch that Pedro Feliciano and Billy Wagner provide to seal the deal.

Moises is an RBI machine. I'm looking forward to his return.

The mets caught a break by valentin getting hurt. Him playing over Gotay was moronic at best.

He was great last year especially on defense. Once he was hurt early on he opted to not have surgery due to a games played clause in his contract. Mets will miss his leadership but probably get better at least offensively as you said.

I would also investigate Heilman for Dye as the WSox have no bullpen at either the Major or Minor League level. The WSox could also use him as a SP if Aaron issists on starting as likely either Contreras-Vasquez or Garland get moved anyway.

I know Dye's only a rental but a outfield come October(if we make it) of Alou-Beltran-Dye with a already formidable infield will hopefully be a tough out. We could lalso sign him and cut ties with Moises and Green in the off season.

I dunno if Dye will come back to the National league.

I do know this, I've seen enough of Carlos Delgado and I think it's time for a new first baseman.

Yep a healthy Alou is mandatory for the stretch run and any post season birth.

Our starters have done far better than we imagined so lets get th bats going full force and see what happens.

A healthy Alou and Pedro is as good as any deadline deal........plus we give up nada in getting both back.

I was at the Brooklyn Cyclones game this afternoon, and they announced Alou will make be in thier lineup for rehab game tommorrow .

I was at the Brooklyn Cyclones game this afternoon, and they announced Alou will make be in thier lineup for rehab game tommorrow .

I'm going August 8 I think (Friday fireworks night).

I'm rooting for the Mets to win the NL.

Not getting nuts about it, or anything...

I admit it, I'll be glued to the screen during the Yanks-Sox 3 game series at the end of August.

Nothing better than a Yanks vs Sox matchup with everything on the line.

The reason that noone cares to discuss the Muts is because they haven't won squat, and don't have a history of winning, so if they were to lose everyone would see that as normal, the Yankees on the other hand have a history of winning, a commitment to excellence if you will.

Archived