Kendall says he has considered leaving

crackbackblock

"I'm starting to get a sense that I'm not getting ready for this team, as the days and weeks go by now," Kendall said. "I'm running with the second team and it seems like the situation has been decided. I've considered leaving."

All I can add is please do so. But I do have a question. Say Kendall does pack his tighty whities up and go home. How does that play into the Jets salary cap?

"I'm starting to get a sense that I'm not getting ready for this team, as the days and weeks go by now," Kendall said. "I'm running with the second team and it seems like the situation has been decided. I've considered leaving."

All I can add is please do so. But I do have a question. Say Kendall does pack his tighty whities up and go home. How does that play into the Jets salary cap?

He stays on the books unless they release him which they shouldn't do. His number this year is very cap friendly .

It wouldn't.. at all, no change.

HOWEVER, if he does so, when it's cut time he'll be cut, and it'll be no different than if he stayed and was cut.. Jets would probably hold him until the last cut (to collect the 14K penalty per day, and to keep him away from other teams).. He'd be cut right before the first game, and he'd not be able to help.

Him leaving would be ideal. He'd stop being able to see our gameplans/ideas and at the same time, still under our control. Whether he's cut today or the final cut day, or the day before the regular season starts, it doesn't matter.

If, however, he's on the main 53 for opening day, then, being a vested vet, his salary is guaranteed for the year. That's true for all vested vets.

Thanks for the information everyone. If his hit is not bad then maybe it is a good idea to cut him. Sounds to me like his attitude is really bad. I don't like negativity on my teams. It eats away at the culture of winning we are trying to build. If he is willing to accept his role and the contract HE signed and keep his mouth shut I would want him here. I thnk if he is not released he will get more bitter and cause problems.

]"I'm starting to get a sense that I'm not getting ready for this team' date=' as the days and weeks go by now," Kendall said. "I'm running with the second team and it seems like the situation has been decided. I've considered leaving."[/b']

This guy must be on crack...he opened up a can of worms the first day of camp flapping his gums..."I'm starting to get a sense that I'm not getting ready for this team..."...you really think Kendall?:confused0006:

It wouldn't.. at all, no change.

HOWEVER, if he does so, when it's cut time he'll be cut, and it'll be no different than if he stayed and was cut.. Jets would probably hold him until the last cut (to collect the 14K penalty per day, and to keep him away from other teams).. He'd be cut right before the first game, and he'd not be able to help.

Him leaving would be ideal. He'd stop being able to see our gameplans/ideas and at the same time, still under our control. Whether he's cut today or the final cut day, or the day before the regular season starts, it doesn't matter.

If, however, he's on the main 53 for opening day, then, being a vested vet, his salary is guaranteed for the year. That's true for all vested vets.

Good points. I'm agreement that it would be best if he leaves mainly so he

doesn't get all the offensive system plans that they are working on.

I think if he is cut on the final day he still will be picked up by Miami. Whatever

he can tell them I don't think it will make a significant difference at that point.

We have a gag order. Kendall violates it every day he yaps in the media! He is not a good example for our young team. I'd get anything I could for him just to get him out of here! I mentioned earlier I'd also love to see KENDALL & JMAC traded tyo the 49ers for JUSTIN SMILEY, OG. If not the 49ers then why not Tampa?

Why are you all getting on Kendall over this quote? All he is saying is that the Jets don't look like they are preparing for him to start so he figures he'll be gone before opening day. I agree that his negativity could be a problem, but having Adrian Jones at G might do whole lot more damage to our culture of winning.

Good points. I'm agreement that it would be best if he leaves mainly so he

doesn't get all the offensive system plans that they are working on.

I think if he is cut on the final day he still will be picked up by Miami. Whatever

he can tell them I don't think it will make a significant difference at that point.

Senior, I agree and it would be a wash! We have Barnes and Quinn from the Dolphins. NE has Wekler. Kendall is NOT getting reps with the first team for a reason other then his big yap and violating the gag order. Quinn knows their defensive schemes and since Cameron has stated he will not be changing the Offense too much, Barnes should know a bit about them. Any way, Kendall must go before he divides the team. lok at Brandon moore. he also wants more money! IMO he was not too good last year. I'd still love for Kendall and JMAC to be traded to the 49ers for JUSTIN SMILEY. But Tampa would be fine with me too.

Why are you all getting on Kendall over this quote? All he is saying is that the Jets don't look like they are preparing for him to start so he figures he'll be gone before opening day. I agree that his negativity could be a problem, but having Adrian Jones at G might do whole lot more damage to our culture of winning.

Dom-He says that he has considered leaving. I take that to mean he is going to choose to leave. If that is what he is thinking then just leave. I think Kendall did a really nice job for us. I think he has been pretty solid. But if Kendall feels he has been wronged then get the f*** out. He should not have reported. Stay away. For him I look at it this way. If he hurts himself in camp he won't be able to latch on to another team. So he must be dogging it in camp. Not trying hard and flapping his gums. Just go home then.

Dom-He says that he has considered leaving. I take that to mean he is going to choose to leave. If that is what he is thinking then just leave. I think Kendall did a really nice job for us. I think he has been pretty solid. But if Kendall feels he has been wronged then get the f*** out. He should not have reported. Stay away. For him I look at it this way. If he hurts himself in camp he won't be able to latch on to another team. So he must be dogging it in camp. Not trying hard and flapping his gums. Just go home then.

He is pre-occupied with money! It would cost him $14,000 a week I believe. In any event he will never do it, I think! ( Ihope he does though)

GAH! There is it again. That name! Kendall! Better yet, Ken Doll. Because he's turning into a stiff. I think there's a better chance for an end to world hunger than for this guy to stop talking. Tape his mouth shut, someone, anyone. I'll give you ten bucks.

Dear Pete Kendall,

On behalf of every Jets fan everywhere....I say STFU and take your lisp and GO THE **** HOME. We are all tired of watching you pout and listening to you CRY LIKE A LITTLE GIRL ABOUT YOUR MONEY. You're not getting it. Suck it up and play or go the **** home. I would respect either decision. I DO NOT RESPECT A GROWN MAN WHO POUTS TO GET HIS WAY.

Love,

Smizzy

We have a gag order. Kendall violates it every day he yaps in the media! He is not a good example for our young team. I'd get anything I could for him just to get him out of here! I mentioned earlier I'd also love to see KENDALL & JMAC traded tyo the 49ers for JUSTIN SMILEY, OG. If not the 49ers then why not Tampa?

No team will trade for Kendall since they sense the Jets will release him. Why pay for something you'll be given for free? As far as the 49ers trading Smiley you can forget that too. Smileys a young OG stud and I can't see the 49ers losing him. I'd love to see the former Bama product in Green & White though.

Guys from what I have seen Kendall's blocks have had a lot of zip this camp. Letting him go would be a big mistake. Zip and Surge in the trenches are huge factors that should not be underestimated and are hard to replace.

Guys from what I have seen Kendall's blocks have had a lot of zip this camp. Letting him go would be a big mistake. Zip and Surge in the trenches are huge factors that should not be underestimated and are hard to replace.

There would be many a team (Miami to name one) with an open checkbook waiting for Kendall if he's released. He's got a contract, he needs to own up to it and just keep his big fat yapper shut.

The Jets should just place him on the practice squad and let him rot. I wouldn't even give him the practice with the second squad, let him get nice a rusty and out of shape then cut him at the end of next year.

No...Bad idea. By putting him on the practice squad we'd have to put him on waivers. Also, we're paying him about a million dollars and hes far better then any other possible backup to AJones, so why not keep him at least on the 2nd team?

No...Bad idea. By putting him on the practice squad we'd have to put him on waivers. Also, we're paying him about a million dollars and hes far better then any other possible backup to AJones, so why not keep him at least on the 2nd team?

put him on prac squad

if any starter gets injured pay him his money and declare him the winner

if not then we lucked out and **** his bitch ass

put him on prac squad

if any starter gets injured pay him his money and declare him the winner

if not then we lucked out and **** his bitch ass

Any player on the practice squad is free to sign with another team. I think Pete would be gone before the ink dried on the PS paperwork.

Any player on the practice squad is free to sign with another team. I think Pete would be gone before the ink dried on the PS paperwork.

Kendall is not eligible for the practice squad. Any NFL player that has two or more playing years can't be placed on the PS.

Is anyone here concerned that, if he sticks around, that he might purposely not play up to his capabilities on a play here, a play there?

I wouldn't buy a "these guys are professionals" crap; he is acting like a scorned woman. I bet he would love to stick it to Mangini. As a vet I'm sure he can pull this off without it being obvious. It's a concern I have. Much more of a concern than him going to the Dolphins.

Is anyone here concerned that, if he sticks around, that he might purposely not play up to his capabilities on a play here, a play there?

I wouldn't buy a "these guys are professionals" crap; he is acting like a scorned woman. I bet he would love to stick it to Mangini. As a vet I'm sure he can pull this off without it being obvious. It's a concern I have. Much more of a concern than him going to the Dolphins.

I'm not, because then in 2008 he'll be out of the league...

If he takes a play off, I'm sure the staff and especially the players around him will catch it....may not be obvious to us the fans, but these guys know the routine.

I'm not concerned about him taking a play off or intentionally missing blocks to sabotage the team. If he does that he sure won't be getting another pay day. I don't expect him to go all out and give any extra effort either, so it's probably not going to be worth playing him unless you appease him in some fashion.

For everybody yelling at him to shut up, you do know the press is questioning him constantly? It's not hard to ignore him. He's been saying the exact same thing since mini-camp.

Archived