****The Official Jets vs Vikings Game Thread**** Merged2X

BP

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not to worry. Preseason games don't have any effect of what a team will do during the regular season. I know it gets annoying to watch but like I said its preseason and I don't think much of the outcome or what a team does. Preseason is just for coaches to get a good look a players in a game basically.

I agree.

But there were too many mental mistakes for my liking, and too many guys on the LOS playing soft.

I agree.

But there were too many mental mistakes for my liking, and too many guys on the LOS playing soft.

Not really. If you look at the big runs Adrian Peaderson had the middle was stuffed up but he got outside and then there was a missed tackle and he broke free. Its not like were getting physically dominated.

Yea... Barton may be having a fieldday posting on Jetnation this week.... The way Chad has been playing, I dont even know if ECurb can save the day.

But one positive out of this is L.Washington, he is looking real nice

Its pre-season... it doesnt mean anything... this is the same Viking team that Chad threw for 339 yards against in a win last season...

Besides Herm and Dick Curll who actually likes dinking and dunking?

Dont forget that BB and Weis also won a superbowl dinking and dunking...

LOL

NO clearly the 339 yards in a meaningful game were a fluke and he showed his true colors this preseaon... lol

eC - I'm not getting into it with you man - but the reality is if Chad has no better arm strength than last year, we're in for a long season. I'm not even talking about the picks. Chad moved the ball against a pretty damn fierce pass rush because he was able to keep them off guard with his mastery of running the offense. He doesn't have the gun to get the ball where it needs to be on those scant number of plays in a game when you either physically burn a defender or when a wideout runs a pattern so well that he's open enough for a split second to get the ball and turn it into a big play or 6.

Sustained drives chew the clock, move the chains, and keeps the D rested. But if you're constantly settling for 3 because you have to depend on a defenders mistake to get 6 - your post season activity, if you get it, is nice but short lived without a killer D. It looks initially like we might be a bit short of killer D status.

Clemens didn't look fantastic but his 3 major gaffs involved a pick that should have been a reception, a blind side hit fumble, and Bozo The Clown in his premier at center showing why he won't play there in a regular season game.

There's no way he can run the O with Chads proficiency - but if he's played - he will get us passing touchdowns.

Trade his ass.

and please make it very soon! It was an embarassment for sure. But it is only preseason and not time to give up the ship! It was reminescent of a HERM-led team tonight. But they did not come out flat. Those INTS tore their hearts out and they never got back into the game. Too bad it was on National TV.

I was out seeing the movie superbad (really funny). I came home, saw the highlights of the game, and saw another superbad movie: Chad Pennington.

Looks like you left your sense of humor back at the movie theater :yawn:

Honestly, what was better? Chads 1st interception for a touchdown, or his 2nd interception for a touchdown? :-k

I kinda liked the 1st one best, but thats just me. Oh, but I liked Clemens' 35 yard td pass the most!

PS: Remember kiddies, points wins football games, and touchdowns are better than field goals.

Honestly, what was better? Chads 1st interception for a touchdown, or his 2nd interception for a touchdown? :-k

I kinda liked the 1st one best, but thats just me. Oh, but I liked Clemens' 35 yard td pass the most!

PS: Remember kiddies, points wins football games, and touchdowns are better than field goals.

Ferguson got popped on the 1st INT. :character42:

The second one he had a lineman draped around his legs, he threw to the outlet and it was jumped. Even Aikman said it looked like a safe throw.

The second one he had a lineman draped around his legs, he threw to the outlet and it was jumped. Even Aikman said it looked like a safe throw.

Please. That was an awful decision. I'd expect that from rookie or 1st yr starter, not a 31 yr old QB.

Archived