Magic Number

Gainzo

Its that time of year. The Sox magic number is 17.

As much as it pains me, I'm forced to admit the Yanks are playing for the wildcard. They've had their chances to take the division away from the Chokesox, but they keep fumbling it away.

As much as it pains me, I'm forced to admit the Yanks are playing for the wildcard. They've had their chances to take the division away from the Chokesox, but they keep fumbling it away.

I thought you might go all the way until the end of the season with your undying support for the division Bob. Kudos to you for admitting defeat. :)

I have the utmost respect for you as you have been posting all year long. April and May sucked for the Yankees, but you took your lumps and rightfully gave us Sox fans crap last week.

I still think that the Yankees will make the playoffs but if they meet the Angels in the ALDS then all bets are off.

I have the utmost respect for you as you have been posting all year long. April and May sucked for the Yankees, but you took your lumps and rightfully gave us Sox fans crap last week.

I still think that the Yankees will make the playoffs but if they meet the Angels in the ALDS then all bets are off.

I want the Angels in the ALDS.

I hate their bush league fans. I hate their rally monkey. I hate their closer. I hate their team.

I want to bury them. I want revenge.

I hate their bush league fans. I hate their rally monkey. I hate their closer. I hate their team.

I agree with you on the Angels but they own the Yankees. That is not the team you want to see in the playoffs.

I agree with you on the Angels but they own the Yankees. That is not the team you want to see in the playoffs.

We are THE YANKEES. Nobody owns us. We own baseball.

And soon, we'll own the LA Anaheim South Cal USA of North American Continent Angels.

I want them in the 1st rd, no joke. BRING IT! :box:

I share all those sentiments, but those ****ers always find a way to beat us.

Beating the Angels on the way to an ALCS showdown with Boston sure would be sweet, though.

And soon, we'll own the LA Anaheim South Cal USA of North American Continent Angels.

With apologies to Bob, the Yankees suck against the Angels.

Teams that "own" baseball don't go on a drought of 6 years without a world title, and have to battle with the Seattle Mariners to just sneak into the playoffs in year 7.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. If Phillip Hughes fails to outduel Jarrod Washburn today, its only a 1-game gap between you and the M's. Get to the playoffs, then do the chest thumping thing that you Yankee fans do oh so well.

And while we're on the subject of Magic Numbers, the New York Mets # is down to 20 on the Phillies.

Teams that "own" baseball don't go on a drought of 6 years without a world title, and have to battle with the Seattle Mariners to just sneak into the playoffs in year 7.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. If Phillip Hughes fails to outduel Jarrod Washburn today, its only a 1-game gap between you and the M's. Get to the playoffs, then do the chest thumping thing that you Yankee fans do oh so well.

And while we're on the subject of Magic Numbers, the New York Mets # is down to 20 on the Phillies.

A drought of 6 years!!! OMGZZ!!!!!

If six years is a drought, what is 20 years?

A drought??? prob one of the most ridiculous posts i've seen in a while..... the Yankees OWN baseball, and until another team wins 27 before they do, the will continue to own the reins as "Daddy".

The Yankees don't OWN!!! baseball. They happen to have been a very good team over the last fifteen years, with a fantastic history. Why can't a fan enjoy their teams success without these grandiose statements?

It's posts like these that piss off the rest of the baseball world. Then Yankee fans wonder why there is such a hatred for their team and fanbase.

The 'we're better than you because of the team we root for' mentality is childish at best. If you honestly need to feel validated because of your teams success, then you are the reason for the vitriol thrown at you. Look in the mirror, Yankee fan.

The Yankees don't OWN!!! baseball. They happen to have been a very good team over the last fifteen years, with a fantastic history. Why can't a fan enjoy their teams success without these grandiose statements?

It's posts like these that piss off the rest of the baseball world. Then Yankee fans wonder why there is such a hatred for their team and fanbase.

The 'we're better than you because of the team we root for' mentality is childish at best. If you honestly need to feel validated because of your teams success, then you are the reason for the vitriol thrown at you. Look in the mirror, Yankee fan.

Yankees own baseball. Baseball would be nothing without the Yankees.

Yankees own baseball. Baseball would be nothing without the Yankees.

:yawn:

PPPuuuhhhllleeeeeaaasssseeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baseball is nothing because of the Yankees. When a league has to depend on a handful of teams to bring in money, they are sucking. Only game that draws an audience is Yankees/Sox. When they are not in the playoffs, no one watches. Hell, even the Mess/Skanks series had low ratings.

If six years is a drought, what is 20 years?

Wow, what a zinger! This would have been a particularly great point if I'd ever had the audacity to say that the Mets "own" baseball. That was Barton, and I felt the necessity to call him out on it.

No one "owns" baseball. The Yankees included.

A drought??? prob one of the most ridiculous posts i've seen in a while..... the Yankees OWN baseball, and until another team wins 27 before they do, the will continue to own the reins as "Daddy".

:sign0098: ....... OMG !!! You were serious? :confused: . In that case :rl: . :Nuts:

:yawn:

PPPuuuhhhllleeeeeaaasssseeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baseball is nothing because of the Yankees. When a league has to depend on a handful of teams to bring in money, they are sucking. Only game that draws an audience is Yankees/Sox. When they are not in the playoffs, no one watches. Hell, even the Mess/Skanks series had low ratings.

The Yankees are the highest selling merchandise and most recognizable franchise in all of sports. More than the Jets and Patriots. For most teams in the league, attendance shoots up when the Yankees are in town. The Yankees mean a hella lot to baseball man, you can't deny the cold hard facts.

That being said who the **** cares. Pats-Jets on Sunday, you and me both don't know the Yankees and Red Sox exist on Sundays.

Archived