Wes Welker? Seriously?

Thor99

I've been trying to think of the great WR who plays essentially by himself and still puts up numbers and I can't think of any. You just have to give Welker his due--the guy goes out and dominates most of the guys they put in front of him. 100 grabs for 1000+ yards doesnt just happen to average players unless you're running some run and shoot garbage.

Nobody saying he's not a good WR. Nobody isnt giving him his due. He's impressive. He's got sure hands and he's a good player.

But the thought that he is better than Randy Moss is moronic. He's not an elite WR. There are at least 15-20 WR's that I'd take over Welker in a heartbeat

This thread goes a 1,000 different directions, but the my stance is....Wes Welker is a good WR, not elite, who benefits from playing with the biggest game breaking threat the league has ever seen. He is not better than Randy Moss. Randy Moss makes Wes Welker. Its simple, logical, and accurate.

Nobody saying he's not a good WR. Nobody isnt giving him his due. He's impressive. He's got sure hands and he's a good player.

But the thought that he is better than Randy Moss is moronic. He's not an elite WR. There are at least 15-20 WR's that I'd take over Welker in a heartbeat

This thread goes a 1,000 different directions, but the my stance is....Wes Welker is a good WR, not elite, who benefits from playing with the biggest game breaking threat the league has ever seen. He is not better than Randy Moss. Randy Moss makes Wes Welker. Its simple, logical, and accurate.

you watch Moss play the last few weeks JiF? Welker is better and cares more these days-and it's all about right now in the NFL. Nobody cares that Moss'll be a HoFer (which he WILL be) right now Welker is playing harder, Brady TRUSTS him more and Welker seems to care more-he's the #1 guy.

Go.

Off the top of my head...if I had to pick a WR, I'd take everyone of these guys over Welker.

Randy Moss

Larry Fitgerald

Andre Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Greg Jennings

Calvin Johnson

Marques Colston

Steve Smith (both)

Roddy White

Terrell Owens

Anquan Boldin

Dwayne Bowe

Santonio Holmes

Brandon Marshall

Chad OchoCinco

Desean Jackson

Sidney Rice

Jerricho Cotchery

Hines Ward

Donald Driver

TJ Housh

There's a lot more, but I'm drawing a blank...I need to look at a list.

you watch Moss play the last few weeks JiF? Welker is better and cares more these days-and it's all about right now in the NFL. Nobody cares that Moss'll be a HoFer (which he WILL be) right now Welker is playing harder, Brady TRUSTS him more and Welker seems to care more-he's the #1 guy.

Again, teams try to shut down Moss while they let Welker roam free.

Moss makes Wes Welker who he is.

The Saints did.

Lost of teams try to stop him but cant cover him. Welker is better than Moss.

Retard, you ever think the Saints had the personell to stop Welker? While other teams dont?

They shut down Moss and Welker.

Man, why didnt teams just copy what the Giants did to stop the Patriots in 2007? It was that easy.

Off the top of my head...if I had to pick a WR, I'd take everyone of these guys over Welker.

Randy Moss

Larry Fitgerald

Andre Johnson

Reggie Wayne

Greg Jennings

Calvin Johnson

Marques Colston

Steve Smith (both)

Roddy White

Terrell Owens

Anquan Boldin

Dwayne Bowe

Santonio Holmes

Brandon Marshall

Chad OchoCinco

Desean Jackson

Sidney Rice

Jerricho Cotchery

Hines Ward

Donald Driver

TJ Housh

There's a lot more, but I'm drawing a blank...I need to look at a list.

Vincent Jackson? Miles Austin? Maybe.. just maybe..

but aten likes small ball.. maybe he'll reject many of those

Retard, you ever think the Saints had the personell to stop Welker? While other teams dont?

They shut down Moss and Welker.

Man, why didnt teams just copy what the Giants did to stop the Patriots in 2007? It was that easy.

Yo Douchebag. I was rebutting Kleckos claim that Teams dont gameplan to stop Welker.

I think Meachem deserves to have his name thrown out there. It still may be a bit early but he's at least earned a nod.

It's definitely too early on Meachem. Given usage I don't think it's a stretch to say that catch rate is totally unsustainable.

It's definitely too early on Meachem. Given usage I don't think it's a stretch to say that catch rate is totally unsustainable.

I don't know, I've caught most of the past few NO games and he deserves his share of the credit he's gotten. He put a double move on Landry in the Washington game that maybe 7-8 other guys in the league would have been able to get away with.

Vincent Jackson? Miles Austin? Maybe.. just maybe..

but aten likes small ball.. maybe he'll reject many of those

Like I said, I was just naming of the top of my head, but yes the 2 you mentioned are much better...and I'm sure there's many more...a couple of rising stars that I'd take over him....Harvin, Sims-Walker, Britt, Hicks...there's a bunch.

Again, he's a good player not elite, not even top 20.

I don't know, I've caught most of the past few NO games and he deserves his share of the credit he's gotten. He put a double move on Landry in the Washington game that maybe 7-8 other guys in the league would have been able to get away with.

More like 7-8 guys on the board. Landry couldn't cover rock with paper the way he's playing this year. Of course Meachem is good, but he has the same peripheral advantages as Welker and hasn't been producing for as long. Putting him ahead at this point is the classic rush to judgment before the sample size gets meaningful move.

Robert Kraft, Patriots owner:

lol...

I can't recall if they ever got his contract restructured?

If not, I think he's stuck til 2012 but I hope to God he walks away from this team for bigger and better things in his career...

You know, like Superbowl wins :cheers:

Teams gameplan to shut down players. Welker is never the other teams #1 priority because Randy Moss is a much more dangerous player than Welker is. Retard.

You Moron.

The Jets played Moss in single coverage the majority of the time. That left the rest of the secondary to stop NE's only other receiving option in Welker.

You Moron.

The Jets played Moss in single coverage the majority of the time. That left the rest of the secondary to stop NE's only other receiving option in Welker.

The Jets are 1 of 4 or 5 teams who can do that in the NFL...

I don't think that was his point...

Welker runs on the scheme more than his ability... The Pasts scheme very well...

That hasn't changed...

The playmakers have though...

The Jets are 1 of 4 or 5 teams who can do that in the NFL...

I don't think that was his point...

Welker runs on the scheme more than his ability... The Pasts scheme very well...

That hasn't changed...

The playmakers have though...

You could not be more wrong about Welkers ability and the NE scheming is total crap.

They arent that type of team anymore. Obrien sucks as OC.

If they were, it would not be so hard to score points in the 2nd halves of games.

Edited by PatriotReign37

You could not be more wrong about Welkers ability and the NE scheming is total crap.

They arent that type of team anymore. Obrien sucks as OC.

If they were, it would not be so hard to score points in the 2nd halves of games.

But if Wes Welker is so great, how come he doesn't just take over games and score touchdowns at will? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...