****The Official Jets vs Ravens Game Thread****

BP

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you kidding me? McCareins clearly slowed down on the play and Clemens was rushed to begin with. You can fault both Justin and Kellen. If Chad's back there, who knows what happens when the jump ball comes.

Jmac had to juke the CB... thats why he slowed down... otherwise there was no play.l.. Clemens over threw him... it was a timing issue... he needs more time with the starters to get that down... take it easy...

Funny. I didn't even realize it was Rhodes that left Heap wide open and I was still going to comment that maybe we shouldn't be sending Kerry to Honolulu so quick. He has been on the floor a few times. Looks a little lost.

Other first half observations: Barnes the FB looks pretty good. Laying some wood out there, but it seems like the Raven D is getting more penetration that he expects. Clemens looks okay. Fairly comfortable considering.

Oh, and is that Randy Cross? What a ****ing maroon. They are going to run "3 passes into the endzone in 18 seconds then kick the FG"? It was already second down. "Good from 50, that would have been good from 37!" "Clemens has that sixth sense to avoid the blitz-see him duck at the last second?" Um, that was his front side-the blitz was coming right at him.

In other NFL news, maybe David Carr is that ****ing bad!

The Texans are 2-0

This is a sad day in JETS history

That is why the playoffs do not start after September.

We'll see how Houston fairs when they're not playing Kansas City or an NFC team.

The best 2-0 team surprise right now is Green Bay. They have a really good defense and that is part of the reason why I liked them to challenge Chicago or possibly win the NFC North.

Are you kidding me? McCareins clearly slowed down on the play and Clemens was rushed to begin with. You can fault both Justin and Kellen. If Chad's back there, who knows what happens when the jump ball comes.

No need to rip on ecurb dude he's actually been pretty supportive towrds Kellen so far.

I am ready to say that Kyle Boller is a better Quarterback in 2007 than Steve McNair. I think fans of the Ravens will agree with me.

Also, the pass rush has improved, but not by much. The secondary still is putrid as Dyson isn't playing at 100% clearly. David Barrett has made 2 nice plays so far, so that was surprising and Revis has played fairly well. Boller has great stats but that is because of the lack of pressure, even if it has improved since last Sunday.

I am interested in seeing what Justin Miller's status is ASAP.

Clemens in the first half was 4-9, 43 yards and INT. On the interception, as I hope most of you saw, Coles fell to the ground en route to where the ball was going. Jerricho Cotchery also has a drop. Either way however, Kellen has not looked bad and made a great play in escaping a sack and throwin the ball away. So far, I have been impressed for a guy making his 1st ever NFL start on the road against one of the best defenses in the league.

I'm not gonna say KC did a good job, but with what he was given(a ****ty o-line vs a good d-line on his first ever nfl start) I like what I see from him. He looks like he needs to settle down, gain some confidence and work on his accuracy and decision making a little bit and he should be a solid starter in the nfl.

That was a pretty emo post dude. Lighten up the worlds not over.

In years past I would be throwing stuff and putting holes in my walls. Not anymore, I guess that Jets fan apathy has hit me. I don't really care that they suck, even though they do. Nothing I can do to change that fact.

No need to rip on ecurb dude he's actually been pretty supportive towrds Kellen so far.

Its fine... I obviously dont have a track record of it so I understand... thanks for the support though :)

Im having a hard time being a "homer" today though with this defense! I want to smakc them all upside the head! lol

Iceman, I was not ripping on ecurb, just adding in my views.

Also, I know he juked the CB ecurb, I'm talking about after that. He did not appear to be running at full speed.

Thats a tough call... and even if he was... ti was still overthrown IMO...

Hey lets be serious... it was his first deep ball ever... Im nto gonna kill him over it... but it would have been nice if he planted it right on Jmac for a TD... :)

No he didn't ...come on we are all rooting for Kellen so no need for excuses or agendas.

We can still win 10 game sthis year as very few had us winning these first two games.

Archived