Where, oh where have the Sawx fans gone?

JonEJet

I found one, and he's pissed

I'd like Terry Francona, our "manager", right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane with all the other rich people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey **** he is! Hallelujah! Holy ****! Where's the Tylenol?

I'm in the process of moving and have no internet except at work. Therefore I am not really able to be online all the time. The Sox and the Yanks will make the playoffs. The Sox are injured and tired, the Yanks are fresh (from a lot of time off with injuries) and healthy finally. It's not a surprise the Yanks weren't going to play .400 ball all season nor were the Sox going to play .750 all season. The teams are fairly even with the Yanks having the better line-up, the Sox having the better rotation and splits on the bullpen and the defense.

I'm in the process of moving and have no internet except at work. Therefore I am not really able to be online all the time. The Sox and the Yanks will make the playoffs. The Sox are injured and tired, the Yanks are fresh (from a lot of time off with injuries) and healthy finally. It's not a surprise the Yanks weren't going to play .400 ball all season nor were the Sox going to play .750 all season. The teams are fairly even with the Yanks having the better line-up, the Sox having the better rotation and splits on the bullpen and the defense.

Not so sure about that rotation advantage. D. Mat has been average, at best, lately, and Wakefield is not pitching well. It's Beckett, and hope for a decent outing from Schilling, in the post-season. Yankees can still trot out Wang and Petitte, and Clemens in a game 3 is probably an advantage over anyone you throw out there.

Be honest with your response.

P.S. Good luck with the moving. It is never a pleasant experience. And the unpacking may be the worst part of it all.

Not so sure about that rotation advantage. D. Mat has been average, at best, lately, and Wakefield is not pitching well. It's Beckett, and hope for a decent outing from Schilling, in the post-season. Yankees can still trot out Wang and Petitte, and Clemens in a game 3 is probably an advantage over anyone you throw out there.

Be honest with your response.

P.S. Good luck with the moving. It is never a pleasant experience. And the unpacking may be the worst part of it all.

D-Mat pitched well against you guys the last outing, as did Schill (who has been great since coming off the DL and his post-season numbers are ridiculous). ot be honest I'd rather see Lester or Buchholz in that 4 spot. Wang-Petitte-Clemens is a good 1-2-3 but which Wang will you get and is Roger healthy enough for the stretch run. I think the match-ups would be fairly even, as they were whenever we played this season. Only Beckett, I think, is a little ahead of everyone.

Thanks for the luck. We've emptied our house, close on the new one this morning and then after work its time to make the new house livable. You never know how much crap you have until you move.

D-Mat pitched well against you guys the last outing, as did Schill (who has been great since coming off the DL and his post-season numbers are ridiculous). ot be honest I'd rather see Lester or Buchholz in that 4 spot. Wang-Petitte-Clemens is a good 1-2-3 but which Wang will you get and is Roger healthy enough for the stretch run. I think the match-ups would be fairly even, as they were whenever we played this season. Only Beckett, I think, is a little ahead of everyone.

Thanks for the luck. We've emptied our house, close on the new one this morning and then after work its time to make the new house livable. You never know how much crap you have until you move.

Yankees have hit Beckett this year, as well as Wakefield and D. Mat. Beckett was dominant in his last outing though. Wang and Petitte have been better than OK against the Sox, except for their last outings. And Clemens has been very good too.

It is not an advantage as great as you may think it is.

The Bullpens may also be swinging towards the YANKEES a bit. Especially the way Gagne has been, and with OKI hurt, or something. He has been ineffective the past many weeks, in general. Meanwhile, Chamberlain has been literally lights out, and Vizcaino has been very solid.

Mo is still Mo, the greatest post-season closer in Baseball History. Papelbon is good, but has a short post-season history (4 innings, I believe, from 2005). How he fairs is anyone's guess. And the Yankees have had some success against him this year.

You know what pisses me off more? It's idiots like Mike & Mike saying it is not about how you finish it is all about getting into the playoffs and cite the 2006 Detroit Tigers. Well you know what, bawbags, the Tigers LOST the World Series. They didn't win. They were losers. Tanking down the stretch is ONLY tolerable IF you win the World Series. Now we look at the 2007 Red Sox. This is a team that has brought me much joy this year. I have been to about 8 games this year and loved every one of them. The young pitching, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Ortiz, Lowell, Oki all of them great. But this is the end of September. This is when, like in 2004, you should firing on all cylinders going into October. This Red Sox team does not stand a chance in hell of winning the World Series. Why? The bullpen is shot. Oki has been pitched into the ground and Gagne has left his balls in Texas. The starting pitching is decent, but the bats are gone. Have you seen these guys playing left-field? The only way I can see the Sox making a run is if Manny comes back and we finally have a solid batting order. The Sox need to be good enough that they don't need managed as Francona is not the answer. God damn this team has me pissed off right now. We had the yanks by the throat but didn't kill them off. We better get a sweep this weekend to make this interesting or else the yanks will have this locked by next week.

You know what pisses me off more? It's idiots like Mike & Mike saying it is not about how you finish it is all about getting into the playoffs and cite the 2006 Detroit Tigers. Well you know what, bawbags, the Tigers LOST the World Series. They didn't win. They were losers. Tanking down the stretch is ONLY tolerable IF you win the World Series. Now we look at the 2007 Red Sox. This is a team that has brought me much joy this year. I have been to about 8 games this year and loved every one of them. The young pitching, Pedroia, Ellsbury, Ortiz, Lowell, Oki all of them great. But this is the end of September. This is when, like in 2004, you should firing on all cylinders going into October. This Red Sox team does not stand a chance in hell of winning the World Series. Why? The bullpen is shot. Oki has been pitched into the ground and Gagne has left his balls in Texas. The starting pitching is decent, but the bats are gone. Have you seen these guys playing left-field? The only way I can see the Sox making a run is if Manny comes back and we finally have a solid batting order. The Sox need to be good enough that they don't need managed as Francona is not the answer. God damn this team has me pissed off right now. We had the yanks by the throat but didn't kill them off. We better get a sweep this weekend to make this interesting or else the yanks will have this locked by next week.

Interesting rant.

Personally, I think Francona is the perfect type of Manager for that media arena, and that team. he can handle all the egos there.

The Yankees have six legitimate starters right now.

The Sox have Beckett and Bucholz

And Schilling and Dice-K who both faired well against the Yanks last series are chopped liver? Julian Tavarez has owned the Yanks this year and he could be counted on to start. Wakefield has his ups and downs, but when he is on he is nasty. We got plenty of quality starts and innings out of him this season. Don't forget Lester who might finall be settling in (2-0 2.70 in Sept. in 4 starts).

But Mussina is a legitimate starter. His ERA is legitimately over 5. You cannot name a Sox starter who can boast that. And Ian Kennedy might be a good one, but let me know when he pitches well against someone other than Tampa, Toronto, or KC. And let's see Phil Hughes get through 7 innings before we annoint him the second coming.

Both teams have good starting pitching. They both have guys to be counted on and guys to be praying for. I'd take the Sox and Yanks staffs currently over the Indians and the Angels, as I don't think either team has the best depth.

Maybe

But from what I hear, you are one big canker sore of a life

Jon,

What's the point? Seriously? I banned Bosox to try and get some real baseball discussion in here. I really don't see the need for calling people out like this. Not my thing I guess.

You are going to call him a name. He will say something about you. Just don't see the fun in any of it.

Jon,

What's the point? Seriously? I banned Bosox to try and get some real baseball discussion in here. I really don't see the need for calling people out like this. Not my thing I guess.

You are going to call him a name. He will say something about you. Just don't see the fun in any of it.

It goes both ways

"I'm a disgrace"????? Give me a break, i just responded to idiotic attact with pure fact

It goes both ways

"I'm a disgrace"????? Give me a break, i just responded to idiotic attact with pure fact

You may want to use my entire quote:

You are a disgrace to your fellow Yankees fans.

Your canker sore comment about me wasn't personal?

You can dish it out but can't take it.

Archived