Continuing to start Pennington is negligence on Mangini's part

SouthernJet

The man just can not throw aball with any zip any more. Every NFL DC knows this. EWe NEVER throw 20 yd slants, all we throw are dinks and dunks,,its pathetic. No one respects his arm, ergo, all defenses stack the line on us and make the running game virtually impossible. The freakin defender defensing the dink/dunk is also in postion to stop the run.

Any further dfense of Chad constitutes Homerism at the expense of the long term health of the franchise.

Nice guy, injuries ahve taken toll, ,but HE CANT THROW A DEEP BALL OR A DEEP OUT PATTERN..He is costing us games at this point.

Its time to get Clemens his wings so in 2008 he will be seasoned somewhat.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The man just can not throw aball with any zip any more. Every NFL DC knows this. EWe NEVER throw 20 yd slants, all we throw are dinks and dunks,,its pathetic. No one respects his arm, ergo, all defenses stack the line on us and make the running game virtually impossible. The freakin defender defensing the dink/dunk is also in postion to stop the run.

Any further dfense of Chad constitutes Homerism at the expense of the long term health of the franchise.

Nice guy, injuries ahve taken toll, ,but HE CANT THROW A DEEP BALL OR A DEEP OUT PATTERN..He is costing us games at this point.

I would POTW nominate this, but I have been saying ti for years.

Keeping the 3-4 over the 4-3 defense is also negligence.

yes thats also a major problem,,but it doesnt change fact that chad cant throw and all defenses know that and it kills our running game and doesntr allow us to catch up,,he cant throw with any zip or deep,,not a good thing for a nfl qb...

time for him to look at a broadcasting career.

Yes, Chad is the reason we can't run the ball! The offensive line and backs are great! When Clemens starts the running game will go off the charts! Now will you two Knute Rocknes please explain the 2.5 ypc against Baltimore?

Yes, Chad is the reason we can't run the ball! The offensive line and backs are great! When Clemens starts the running game will go off the charts! Now will you two Knute Rocknes please explain the 2.5 ypc against Baltimore?

for gods sake,, wake up,,it was his 1st start,, but you saw he could throw deep,, he could throw a 20 yd slant with zip,,when he shook his jitters,, what was his 4th qtr. ypc?

not being able to throw deep or to strectch the field allows a defense to stack close to line,,its not rocket science,,

After all this time...I don't even want to hear it anymore. Welcome to the Chad is a FRAUD CLUB. Now take a seat with the rest of us.

for gods sake,, wake up,,it was his 1st start,, but you saw he could throw deep,, he could throw a 20 yd slant with zip,,when he shook his jitters,, what was his 4th qtr. ypc?

not being able to throw deep or to strectch the field allows a defense to stack close to line,,its not rocket science,,

You wake up. You're not some twelve year old. I assume you've seen games before. Having good stats when you are way behind in the fourth is usually meaningless. The kid looked good at the end, he showed that he can make some terrific throws and he showed some real poise down the stretch. Gave us something to look forward to and maybe the Jets aren't idiots for passing on Cutler/Leinart/Young. He also looked like a complete joke for three quarters. Totally lost and if they were stacking the line to let the rookie beat them where was his excuse? Clemens may be good, but maybe they don't want to screw him up before he's ready.

You wake up. You're not some twelve year old. I assume you've seen games before. Having good stats when you are way behind in the fourth is usually meaningless. The kid looked good at the end, he showed that he can make some terrific throws and he showed some real poise down the stretch. Gave us something to look forward to and maybe the Jets aren't idiots for passing on Cutler/Leinart/Young. He also looked like a complete joke for three quarters. Totally lost and if they were stacking the line to let the rookie beat them where was his excuse? Clemens may be good, but maybe they don't want to screw him up before he's ready.

Why do you defend a QB that has a history of looking like **** for three quarters and then padding his stats?

What are they waiting for? Let him ride the pine two years and then give it to him? If the Jets are going to be Superbowl contenders once the Patriots finally do abdicate the AFC East throne, don't you want your QB situation resolved and not waiting for a HC to have the sack to do what is right for the team and not his own interest?

Please, you realize having a QB that can throw deep and throw 20-30 yd slants will loosen up the run defensne,,please..

Its simple,, give the kid his learning curve now so in 2008 he is seasoned,,,this is his 2nd year,, he can handle his learning yuear now,,,with Chad we arent making playoffs this year anyways..

dont be fools and start clemens in 2008 and make 2008 his learning year,,take advantage of a non playoff year and get the kid his reps,,

sorry, but its time to sit the hero,,i like chad, ,but i like the jets better

After all this time...I don't even want to hear it anymore. Welcome to the Chad is a FRAUD CLUB. Now take a seat with the rest of us.

Like I said, I like Chad but I like the Jets better..

For us to have a prayer for playoffs in 2008, we need to get Clemens his wings now..

Please, you realize having a QB that can throw deep and throw 20-30 yd slants will loosen up the run defensne,,please..

Its simple,, give the kid his learning curve now so in 2008 he is seasoned,,,this is his 2nd year,, he can handle his learning yuear now,,,with Chad we arent making playoffs this year anyways..

dont be fools and start clemens in 2008 and make 2008 his learning year,,take advantage of a non playoff year and get the kid his reps,,

sorry, but its time to sit the hero,,i like chad, ,but i like the jets better

So say you. I watched the Ravens game and as for Clemens being ready I'm staunchly undecided.

If Chad is as horrible as you say they will soon be totally out of the playoffs and have every reason to start the kid WITHOUT the pressure of coming in now.

As for loosening up the run D, it didn't work against Baltimore. Either they didn't have all those men in the box and STILL CAN'T run, or Clemens failed to do anything against 3 DBs. Either way, I'm not in love with the outcome.

So say you. I watched the Ravens game and as for Clemens being ready I'm staunchly undecided.

If Chad is as horrible as you say they will soon be totally out of the playoffs and have every reason to start the kid WITHOUT the pressure of coming in now.

As for loosening up the run D, it didn't work against Baltimore. Either they didn't have all those men in the box and STILL CAN'T run, or Clemens failed to do anything against 3 DBs. Either way, I'm not in love with the outcome.

of course it was the guys first start with a Ol that did not block well and how many times did he ever practice with the first team offense? You would not believ thet until that week he never practiced with the first team! That is on coaching. For such a smart QB, how did CHAD throw two ducks for passes that resulted in INTS? IMO Kellen needs to get experience. We are NOT winning the SB this year anyway! Get the kid his experience and trade CHADWICK next off-season for a stash of picks. We can get well in a hurry!

of course it was the guys first start with a Ol that did not block well and how many times did he ever practice with the first team offense? You would not believ thet until that week he never practiced with the first team! That is on coaching. For such a smart QB, how did CHAD throw two ducks for passes that resulted in INTS? IMO Kellen needs to get experience. We are NOT winning the SB this year anyway! Get the kid his experience and trade CHADWICK next off-season for a stash of picks. We can get well in a hurry!

Nice idea. Problem is we are not getting anything for Chad. Nothing. Contract is too big and he's not renogiating down to be traded.

There is some validity to the idea that Clemens should start now and get experience. You can make the case that the deck was stacked against him in Baltimore. OTOH, the idea that there is no valid reason to stick with Pennington is ridiculous. If Clemens starts now and isn't ready it will set the team and Clemens back for more than the rest of this season. If they wait until the season is out of hand there will be no problems. They are 1-3, there is a whole lot of year left. If the team isn't behind the benching and Clemens does poorly it will be a mess that will carry on well past the end of this season that you are all prematurely declaring lost.

again,,clemens 1st start, and Jones wasnt really healthy yet imho,,but you are right , our line sucks,,i anm just saying its accentuated when chad is in there,,at least clemens arm would make def coord plan a little different..

and I was of opinion from day one to let chad guide us in 2007 until we were eliminated,,so iagree there, ,HOWEVER, from whjat I am seeing, ,its hard to see how they can play him,,his out patterns are laughable,, they have no zip and wabble,,thats why i think they have to move now, not wait 3 weeks til lwe are eliminated...

again,,clemens 1st start, and Jones wasnt really healthy yet imho,,but you are right , our line sucks,,i anm just saying its accentuated when chad is in there,,at least clemens arm would make def coord plan a little different..

and I was of opinion from day one to let chad guide us in 2007 until we were eliminated,,so iagree there, ,HOWEVER, from whjat I am seeing, ,its hard to see how they can play him,,his out patterns are laughable,, they have no zip and wabble,,thats why i think they have to move now, not wait 3 weeks til lwe are eliminated...

If the season's lost, I'd agree. How was the weather there? It's only Sept/Oct so I'm not sure, but Chad generally will **** himself in the cold windy games like Buffalo or Cleaveland last year. IMO, waiting another 3 weeks won't make a bit of difference. The kid will still get plenty of experience for next year.

If the season's lost, I'd agree. How was the weather there? It's only Sept/Oct so I'm not sure, but Chad generally will **** himself in the cold windy games like Buffalo or Cleaveland last year. IMO, waiting another 3 weeks won't make a bit of difference. The kid will still get plenty of experience for next year.

you didnt see the game???? I thought yo usaw the passes we are referring to?

mostly_sunny.gif75

you didnt see the game???? I thought yo usaw the passes we are referring to?

mostly_sunny.gif75

I watched the game. I live in Italy, ****ty games like the Jets/Bills are not broadcast on AFN, so I watched the game on sopcast on my computer. I was actually playing over in Thonon and didn't get back until the 2nd quarter had started. The weather was sunny, but I didn't hear those two geniuses Wilcotts and Eye-On mention anything about the temperature or the wind. It's actually wind that he really can't deal with. In any event, he wasn't having a bad game, but those two picks were inexcusable and truly pitiful.

PS: I don't remember referring to anything about today's game, only the Ravens game which I watched on a big screen from start to finish.

I watched the game. I live in Italy, ****ty games like the Jets/Bills are not broadcast on AFN, so I watched the game on sopcast on my computer. I was actually playing over in Thonon and didn't get back until the 2nd quarter had started. The weather was sunny, but I didn't hear those two geniuses Wilcotts and Eye-On mention anything about the temperature or the wind. It's actually wind that he really can't deal with. In any event, he wasn't having a bad game, but those two picks were inexcusable and truly pitiful.

PS: I don't remember referring to anything about today's game, only the Ravens game which I watched on a big screen from start to finish.

but even on good days now,, its stil ldink/dunk,,i truly think jhis confidence in his arm is down..

PF, how the hell can you even respond in this thread...this Jets team isn't just about Pennington, it's an entire team problem.

Why is it that the Heisman Trophy winner you guys signed didn't win you a SB? But, he sure as hell won it with the Raiders...say hello to Jim Plunkett.

I see this as a 1-6 team going into the next Buffalo game-Kellen Clemens could have won this game today...if he had been in there and threw post patterns at the end The Jets would have won...remember the last time you saw Chad throw a post? yea me neither

by the way, kudos to greenbeans,, he has been preaching this for awhile,,

Thank you, sir. ;)

Just one thing to note, here - against Baltimore, one of the better defensive teams in the league, Clemens got beat up, hit, sacked, and harassed all day. At the end of the game when the Jets had a chance to tie it up, Clemens took the offense down the field and threw 2 - maybe three TD passes that were dropped. During the last half of the 4th quarter, T. Jones was actaully able to run a little bit. Why couldn't Chad Pennington, against the statistically worst defense in the league, do something similar? Just wondering...

but even on good days now,, its stil ldink/dunk,,i truly think jhis confidence in his arm is down..

#1. Would you have confidence in that arm?

#2. Dink and dunk can work fine. I firmly believe that if Leon didn't slip down on two plays inside two minutes they'd have had a chippy FG try for the tie. Doesn't excuse the minimal points for the rest of the game, but it is what it is.

#3. Chad is a game manager. At his best. That's why I don't have as huge a problem with this game as others might. He drove them down to take the lead before the half. Nuge shanked it. He drove them right back to tie after the TD. The out was pitiful and inexcusable for a QB like him. Then he ran a decent drive that he screwed the pooch on because time was running out and he felt a play had to be made. This is why the Jets will often play down to the level of their opponents and can play close with teams they have no right to (Indy last year). IMO, they will rarely have blowouts unless their line is overmatched (Jacksonville) overmatches the other teams (very rare-maybe Green Bay last year). This game, like the Bears game last year falls on him. The game was close and the plays were there to be made and he ****ed up.

Pennington just can't get the job done. I feel like we're wasting valuable time standing still by --or maybe even taking steps backward-- by starting him. He throws a nice completion percentage but the guy is just not a play maker.

Watching him play bores me to tears. I'd be so much excited for Jets games if I knew KC was going to get the nod. I want that excitement back.

Pennington is a great guy, but it's time to move on.

Archived