****The Official Yankees vs Indians Thread****

BP

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andy has been huge in spots like tomorrow all season long. If the bats show up, Andy will find a way like he always does.

BTW, these announcers suck a##. And I love tony gwynn, but pleaseeee.

They haven't done that bad of a job, imo.

ABOLUTELY
6-3, Wang gives up a bloop double after a HR, and we go to Ross Ohlendorf, he of 7 whole appearances. Where is Hughes in that spot? My understanding is Kennedy is not on the roster due to back problems.

I don't get it. This guy always manages big games like it's some split squad in Sarasota in March.

Game turned on Jeters at bat

Must bunt there....I don't care if Dave Kingman is ****ing batting

HAVE TO BUNT

Totally disagree. Jeter isn't Mark Belanger, and this is the American League.

If you want to get mad about the manager, get mad about him starting Wang in game 1 ratehr than game 3 at home, Matsui's wretched ABs over Giambi, or Ohlendorf getting in before Hughes. All disgraceful, all avoidable, all Torre.

They score a lot of runs? His ERA was under 4. Where are these runs coming from?

I dont think he is an ace, but he is a good #1. There is a difference between being an ace and a #1 of a staff, there are very few aces in all of baseball. Regardless not many teams in baseball would complain about Wang being their game 1 starter. The guy is a very good pitcher who had a rough night, as did Safatia.

I didnt agree with calling him #3 or #4 material. He;'s MUCH better than that

Nah I actually agree with you. I said he could be a # 2 on a good staff. The Yankees staff is average so he is definitely a # 1. The Yankees won a bunch of World Series without have that true shut down ACE. So it isn't the end of the world.

Andy just can't lay an egg tomorrow!

Andy has been huge in spots like tomorrow all season long. If the bats show up, Andy will find a way like he always does.

BTW, these announcers suck a##. And I love tony gwynn, but pleaseeee.

I am okay with the announcers but if they make me change the channel in the middle of a batter again I am going to lose it. It isn't a scavenger hunt, it's a baseball game. Stop making me work.

TBS, TNT -- I don't know what #s these stations are. Seriously I had to ask the kids.

6-3, Wang gives up a bloop double after a HR, and we go to Ross Ohlendorf, he of 7 whole appearances. Where is Hughes in that spot? My understanding is Kennedy is not on the roster due to back problems.

I don't get it. This guy always manages big games like it's some split squad in Sarasota in March.

So he kept the starter in too long? Not saying I disagree I just want you to clearly state your stance.

:cheers:

I am okay with the announcers but if they make me change the channel in the middle of a batter again I am going to lose it. It isn't a scavenger hunt, it's a baseball game. Stop making me work.

TBS, TNT -- I don't know what #s these stations are. Seriously I had to ask the kids.

The game isnt even on my damn tv, hasnt been on all night since I got home in the 5th inning. Its the only channel that keeps going in-and-out for me the last few nights.

TBS is bushleague regardless.

At that point, yes. After the HR/bloop, he should've been gone.

Just want to bookmark it with the other Joe doesn't keep the starters in long enough posts.

Gonna do a big old bump when Joe leads the way to Ring # 5 in a few weeks!

hughes should get that 4th start. hes pitched a lot better than mussina and hes earned that start. his performance tonight just reassured me that he can start a playoff game. his stuff was great tonight and based on what ive seen from hughes and mussina over the past month, im more confident in hughes getting the 4th start over mussina.

Just want to bookmark it with the other Joe doesn't keep the starters in long enough posts.

Gonna do a big old bump when Joe leads the way to Ring # 5 in a few weeks!

I would be, very happily, wrong were that to happen, my friend. From you typing fingers to God's Lips. Make it so!

Archived