Not Good Enough

Maxman

Good stuff, Tyson. I know we all thought there would be more at stake in the Herm Bowl, but it looks like that wont be the case.

Since it has already come out that there are guys in the locker room who "know they wont be here next year" I'd say that not only are the games meaningless, but the team is in the process of packing it in mentally, even if they show up and seem to play hard on Sundays. They are playing for their FA/trade value.

They can bring in different players next year, but if Mangini doesnt change some of his ways, the new guys will be unhappy, too. And it's clear to me that he has made more than his share of mistakes as a first time HC.

They can bring in different players next year, but if Mangini doesnt change some of his ways, the new guys will be unhappy, too. And it's clear to me that he has made more than his share of mistakes as a first time HC.

Yeah I agree with this. Mangini has to do some soul searching this offseason and some things have to change. The defensive coordinator is a must imo. But for Eric, he has to decide how far to push things. Players don't have to like him. They do have to respect him. I am not saying they don't. It is worth watching though especially for next year.

They also seem to rigid with play calling and schemes. Sometimes a square peg simply won't fit into a round hole. Regardless of how many times you try.

Good stuff, Tyson. I know we all thought there would be more at stake in the Herm Bowl, but it looks like that wont be the case.

Since it has already come out that there are guys in the locker room who "know they wont be here next year" I'd say that not only are the games meaningless, but the team is in the process of packing it in mentally, even if they show up and seem to play hard on Sundays. They are playing for their FA/trade value.

Have I missed an article? Who's saying they "know they wont be here next year?"

I would like to remember the last time we had a really good defense that could stop opposing teams.

I think our problems have always been offense. When's the last time we had an offense in the top 10 for scoring? Probably sometime before Pennington started for us. I'm sick of this boring offense, at least when you have an exciting offense it takes pressure off your defense and is fun to watch. A good defense should be built within 2 years, look at what Herm did--32nd ranked and now they're easily in the top 10 in under 2 years. If Mangini is such a genius why did we regress?

Wow. Just wow. Well, I've been saving this up...

All of you high-achieving, prominent, experienced, "genius" type NFL football folks taking cheap shots from the anonymity of your parents basement. - where was this crap last year? What makes you think, watching from in front of the TV or seated in the stands, that you have ANY @#!#$ idea what's going on in this org?

A couple of things to play pong with in the hollow space between your ears:

• Eric Mangini isn't listening to this mindless bitching and moaning. Thank God. He simply spends most of his waking hours, all year long, immersed in this team and this organization, applying his knowledge and skills to this situation. Watching, teaching, planning, etc. etc. He knows more about them then Santa does. Compared to the staff, we're watching the parade through a knot hole - that's the perspective we have, and a narrow one under the best of conditions.
  • He has spent YEARS involved up to his ears in the business of pro football. He knows about locker rooms, he knows about 4-3 vs. 3-4, he knows what a good program looks like and does, and what bad ones do, too.
  • No one - NO ONE - is more motivated to do well than he is. You do not achieve what he has achieved by being an idiot or slow learner. No one works harder than he does to make this team better - long term better.
  • There is one huge difference between New England and New York - BB runs the whole show there, Eric doesn't here. No trying to pry fingers off a wallet, no waiting to get salaries in line with performance, hence, not the flexibility to get the people he wants for his system, not a single voice making personnel decisions. What if Pete Kendall was promised a renegotiation by the GM? Let's recall that the system Mangini is installing put 3 Lombardies on the shelf in 4 years. And not 40 years ago, either.
  • The current NYJs are not a disciplined football team - some (current) members of the team are never going to be disciplined players. You can recognize them - they already know that "They'll be someplace else after this year." You can also recognize them in the mean time because they are out of position 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time they're whining about how hard practice is.
  • It's no longer possible to put 22 "stars" on the field at one time, much less keep them around for 6 or 8 years. You have to build a complete team, with 45 contributors, not just the stars. I'm reminded of what Mike Ditka said of his Super Bowl team: "They're not the biggest, fastest, smartest or strongest team in the NFL. They just want it more than anybody else, and they'll do whatever they have to to win." (roughly speaking)
  • As the more astute posters have asserted, give them some time. Look for progress during the next off season, that's really the most critical juncture for the current administration.
  • That is all. :bag:

All of you high-achieving, prominent, experienced, "genius" type NFL football folks taking cheap shots from the anonymity of your parents basement. - where was this crap last year? What makes you think, watching from in front of the TV or seated in the stands, that you have ANY @#!#$ idea what's going on in this org?

• Eric Mangini isn't listening to this mindless bitching and moaning. Thank God. He simply spends most of his waking hours, all year long, immersed in this team and this organization, applying his knowledge and skills to this situation. Watching, teaching, planning, etc. etc. He knows more about them then Santa does. Compared to the staff, we're watching the parade through a knot hole - that's the perspective we have, and a narrow one under the best of conditions.
  • He has spent YEARS involved up to his ears in the business of pro football. He knows about locker rooms, he knows about 4-3 vs. 3-4, he knows what a good program looks like and does, and what bad ones do, too.
  • No one - NO ONE - is more motivated to do well than he is. You do not achieve what he has achieved by being an idiot or slow learner. No one works harder than he does to make this team better - long term better.
  • There is one huge difference between New England and New York - BB runs the whole show there, Eric doesn't here. No trying to pry fingers off a wallet, no waiting to get salaries in line with performance, hence, not the flexibility to get the people he wants for his system, not a single voice making personnel decisions. What if Pete Kendall was promised a renegotiation by the GM? Let's recall that the system Mangini is installing put 3 Lombardies on the shelf in 4 years. And not 40 years ago, either.
  • The current NYJs are not a disciplined football team - some (current) members of the team are never going to be disciplined players. You can recognize them - they already know that "They'll be someplace else after this year." You can also recognize them in the mean time because they are out of position 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time they're whining about how hard practice is.
  • It's no longer possible to put 22 "stars" on the field at one time, much less keep them around for 6 or 8 years. You have to build a complete team, with 45 contributors, not just the stars. I'm reminded of what Mike Ditka said of his Super Bowl team: "They're not the biggest, fastest, smartest or strongest team in the NFL. They just want it more than anybody else, and they'll do whatever they have to to win." (roughly speaking)
  • As the more astute posters have asserted, give them some time. Look for progress during the next off season, that's really the most critical juncture for the current administration.

Mrs. Mangini,

Thanks for signing up. If Eric is ready to do that chat now, we would love to have him stop by.

Let us know his schedule for next week.

Thanks,

JetNation (the site that cares)

You are what your record says you are.

I bet Mrs. Mangini can whip yer ass.... :box:

(too rude - even for me)

Ruh Roh... :banned: (see smiley)

Mrs. Mangini,

Thanks for signing up. If Eric is ready to do that chat now, we would love to have him stop by.

Let us know his schedule for next week.

Thanks,

JetNation (the site that cares)

Thanks for setting us straight. By the way, what are your football credentials? Obviously you must have the same credentials as a succesful NFL head coach since you know exactly what it takes and how to get there. Clearly we should hire you to coach the New Jersey football jets.

I really love that argument btw. Someone makes it every week or so. "You people don't have any football expertise so you can't comment, by the way here are my football comments." I hope I get to read this same post another 50 times before the end of the season.

Thanks for setting us straight. By the way, what are your football credentials? Obviously you must have the same credentials as a succesful NFL head coach since you know exactly what it takes and how to get there. Clearly we should hire you to coach the New Jersey football jets.

I really love that argument btw. Someone makes it every week or so. "You people don't have any football expertise so you can't comment, by the way here are my football comments." I hope I get to read this same post another 50 times before the end of the season.

:rl:

I bet Mrs. Mangini can whip yer ass.... :box:

(too rude - even for me)

Ruh Roh... :banned: (see smiley)

Hey the measuring stick for defining tough women HAS to be tougher than beating me up. I fought 4 girls in my lifetime, lost each time.

It is always funny when people throw out the "You are not an NFL coach, and you have no right to question the moves" bull crap when teams stink.

Hey maybe the poster is right. Nobody on here is an NFL Head coach or a former NFL Head coach. Who knows. But so far this off season and season you really can't say Mangini should be one either. Those things might change next year or as the season progresses, but Mangini isn't Parcell's. He isn't BB. He isn't Bill Walsh. We have no clue if he knows what he's doing. And at 1-6 it sure doesn't look like he does.

how do you know whats going on in this org??? Little tip... dont insult your fan base father jet.

It is always funny when people throw out the "You are not an NFL coach, and you have no right to question the moves" bull crap when teams stink.

Hey maybe the poster is right. Nobody on here is an NFL Head coach or a former NFL Head coach. Who knows. But so far this off season and season you really can't say Mangini should be one either. Those things might change next year or as the season progresses, but Mangini isn't Parcell's. He isn't BB. He isn't Bill Walsh. We have no clue if he knows what he's doing. And at 1-6 it sure doesn't look like he does.

Actually, its time to come clean.... I'm really:

Kotite,Rich3.jpg

I see that there is a self-correcting component to JetNation! Well, in retrospect (usually just after the disaster occurs), I never should post when pissed. Certainly not in the manner I did.

I have no "special expertise" or knowledge, no reason for anyone to listen to me as much or more than any other poster here, and my previous post was arrogant and condescending. I apologize to those offended. Life would be different with one loss instead of 1 win, huh?

:shutit::bag::P

Go Jets!

Archived