Lamont Jordan asked the Raiders to release him on Monday

NIGHT STALKER

Jordan is frustrated after not dressing for the Raiders in Week 12. The Raiders have to activate Michael Bush or place him on injured reserve today, so Jordan could be granted his wish very soon. Jordan played for Herm Edwards, making the Chiefs a possible destination, although the Raiders probably want to avoid helping their rivals.

Jordan, must have a short memory because Herm rarely played him.

Jordan is frustrated after not dressing for the Raiders in Week 12. The Raiders have to activate Michael Bush or place him on injured reserve today, so Jordan could be granted his wish very soon. Jordan played for Herm Edwards, making the Chiefs a possible destination, although the Raiders probably want to avoid helping their rivals.

Jordan, must have a short memory because Herm rarely played him.

yea good point NS-at this point though even Herm might have to play him-although I doubt Oakland would actually let their most hated division rival get him...

yea good point NS-at this point though even Herm might have to play him-although I doubt Oakland would actually let their most hated division rival get him...

interesting that it is past the trade deadline. I know baseball always finds ways around that, they say July 31st is the last day, but every august you see some big deals changing hands.

Can the Raiders find the same sort of loop-hole and deal LaMont? or do they have to release him?

this guy has proven again & again that he is nowhere the player he thinks he is. He is a cry baby that thinks somethiong is owed to him

He's a great player. He's been unlucky in his career: first having Herm as his coach and then with the constant injuries. Though his attitude seems to somewhat lack.

He won that SD playoff game for the Jets. Herm was doing the Herm thing, settling for a long FG but Jordan broke the little middle run to the sideline and made it a short kick for Brien. Too bad he didnt get the chance the following week in PIT. Herm sucks.

He's a great player. He's been unlucky in his career: first having Herm as his coach and then with the constant injuries. Though his attitude seems to somewhat lack.

He won that SD playoff game for the Jets. Herm was doing the Herm thing, settling for a long FG but Jordan broke the little middle run to the sideline and made it a short kick for Brien. Too bad he didnt get the chance the following week in PIT. Herm sucks.

I respectively disagree..he hasn't proven to me he is an every down back...good back up change of pace type is all I see

I respectively disagree..he hasn't proven to me he is an every down back...good back up change of pace type is all I see

Jordan has all the tools - he is very strong, plays with aggression, is very fast and agile for his size, and can catch. Anyway, its cool. He's gone now and someone else's concern.

But to me, of all the miserable things that Herm did as coach of the NYJ, it was his mishandling of Jordan's career that stings most. It hurt Jordan, Martin and the Jets.

Jordan has all the tools - he is very strong, plays with aggression, is very fast and agile for his size, and can catch. Anyway, its cool. He's gone now and someone else's concern.

But to me, of all the miserable things that Herm did as coach of the NYJ, it was his mishandling of Jordan's career that stings most. It hurt Jordan, Martin and the Jets.

I do agree with this, but Lamont coughed p the ball way to many times to be considered a premiere back

I coudln't agree more.

Martin would have never gotten the rushing title that year, but who the **** cares??? We would have had at least 300 more yards on the ground had they been split carries, or at least 60-40 going to Martin.

Jordan was hungry for a contract that year, and martin was his same solid self. We finally had a back that could really hit the opponent in the mouth late in the game, yet he road pine. Still pisses me off to no end.

I have thought this since that pitt game, had Martin never seen the ball that day, we would have won the game going away. Martin was an awful matchup for a punishing defense like that, however Jordan took the bull by the horns and made them his bitch the entire evening.

I generally think Herm is an "okay" coach, but with preformances like that, it makes him look like he belongs no where near a football game above the age of 12.

LaMont Jordan is an over-rated, injury proned piece of garbage. Sure he can get you some good yardage in the 4th quarter after the starting Running Back wears down the opposing defense, but other then that he is useless. Justin Fargas is now racking up the yards in Oakland. All together now... WHO!?

LaMont Jordan is an over-rated, injury proned piece of garbage. Sure he can get you some good yardage in the 4th quarter after the starting Running Back wears down the opposing defense, but other then that he is useless. Justin Fargas is now racking up the yards in Oakland. All together now... WHO!?

i agree he's no number one, but i can think of at least 15 teams that would like a second running back like LaMont, if only for the 4th quarter.

(granted he is too much of a head case to accept that role)

LaMont Jordan can be a SB running back..alone ? NO

Everyone saw when he did his 1st year with the Raiders. He was a complete monster both running and receiving.

Are you intimating that Justin Fargas in an unknown quantity? That is certainly not the case. He was a very high draft pick, perhaps higher than Jordan. Fargas has always been extremely fast. I dont see how Fargas' success makes your point.

Lamont Jordan was **** with the Jets, he's **** with the Raiders and he'll be **** wherever he lands next.

He was supposed to be our "red zone back," the power runner able to punch it in after Curtis got us close. Only, he never did. Then, all that whining about how he should be the starter.

**** Lamont Jordan and the horse he rode in on.

Lamont Jordan was **** with the Jets, he's **** with the Raiders and he'll be **** wherever he lands next.

He was supposed to be our "red zone back," the power runner able to punch it in after Curtis got us close. Only, he never did. Then, all that whining about how he should be the starter.

Bob, can you please stop beating around the bush and explain how you really feel?

and Bob, lets not forget all the RED ZONE FUMBLES when he did get his chance

and Bob, lets not forget all the RED ZONE FUMBLES when he did get his chance

In four seasons with the Jets, Lamont Jordan had four fumbles. They call came in the same season and two of them came in the same game when he was playing with a broken thumb. All what Red Zone fumbles?

In four seasons with the Jets, Lamont Jordan had four fumbles. They call came in the same season and two of them came in the same game when he was playing with a broken thumb. All what Red Zone fumbles?

he was never given a fair shot with us Glenn-it's sad he was always promised by Herm that he'd "get his 10 carries a game" instead...well ask Savage what happened there

interesting that it is past the trade deadline. I know baseball always finds ways around that, they say July 31st is the last day, but every august you see some big deals changing hands.

Can the Raiders find the same sort of loop-hole and deal LaMont? or do they have to release him?

in baseball, end of July is the non-waiver trading deadline. so teams can trade just about anyone (a few exceptions, like recently drafted players)

august trades the players have to pass through waivers before the trade can be consumated.

I dont think footbal is set up this way. only way out is releasing him, which they would do if it didnt harm the salary cap more than next year.

DNA, I'd bring back Derrick Blaylock before I brought back Fagmont.

you kiddin' me he was the WORST-Mister Tippy-toe up to the LOS and wait to get tackled by a finger and then go down faster than a crack whore on a binge walking along Dixie Highway

Archived