My Mock 2008 off season...

MSGold12

Just posted it on JA, wanted to get the thoughts of those here too. OK, here we go....

Trades:

1. Vilma and a 3rd to Detroit for Roy Williams and a 4th

2. Laverneous Coles to KC for a 3rd

3. Trade our #1 (6th overall) to Chicago for their #1 (14th overall) and #2 (#44 overall) (this is assuming Chi wants Ryan and he is there at 6)

4. Trade Chi's #2 and our 4th from Detroit to get back into the bottom of rd 1

Cut: Barrett, JMac, Ryan, Clarke (wiht Coles and Vilmashould free up another 6-8 mil in cap space)

Re-Sign: Hobson (and move him inside), Rhodes (extend him now), Clement (as a backup), Wade Smith (depth)

FA Signings:

1. Justin Smiley or Stacey Andrews (bye bye Adrian)

2. Donte Stallowrth (great speed, weakens NE)

3. Randall Gay (nice player, decent #2 CB, cheaper then Samuel, leaves NE wiht no one when Samuel bolts).

4. TJ Duckett (3rd RB, short yardage/goalline specialst/insurance)

Draft

Rd 1a- Vernon Gholston (edge rusher we need badly)

Rd 1b- Jeff Otah (hello giant new RT)

Rd 2- Eric Ainge (just in case Clem isn't "it", at worst trade bait)

Rd 3- Jordan Grimes (eventual replacement for Moore)

Rd 4- Owen Schmidt (FINALLY a blocking FB who can even run a little)

The Team....

QB- Clemens, Pennington, Ainge

RB- Jones, Washington, Duckett

FB- Schmidt, Tutt

WR- Williams, Cotchery, Stallworth, Smith, Stucky, Wright

TE- Baker, Pocsiak, Dearth, Kowalewski

C- Mangold, Smith

G- Moore, Smiley/Andrews, Grimes, Turner/Montgomery

T- Brick, Otah, Clement, Bender

DE- Ellis, Coleman, Mosely, Brown, DeVito

NT- DRob, Pouha,

OLB- BT, Gholston, Bowens, Chatham

ILB- Harris, Hobson, Barton, Kassell

CB- Revis, Gay, Dyson, Miller, Coleman, Poteat

S- Rhodes, Smith, Elam

Eventually we can add a franhcise RB (TJ is fine for now) and speed TE on O and a NT on D (Pouha seemed to step up towards the end of the year). Penny stays as a backup and insurance.

Thoughts????

That team would win 7 games. :shutit:

I disagree.

The improved OL will gear up our running game significantly and protect Clemens a lot better.

Roy Williams gives us a legit domainator at WR and Stallworth gives us a speed burner to stretch Ds. Cotch becomes a STUD #2 WR.

On D, Gholston adds the off the edge pass rusher we lack at OLB. Gay compiments Revis ncely. Hobson moves insode to give us 2, 250 lb run stufers at ILB. We rotate on the DL as we did the second half of the year in 07 and had better success. Pouha and Mosely came on well. Coleman and Ellis are solid. Drob should be used in specific ways to take advantage of his stregths.

Yes, the BIG question is at QB...but if Clem is the guy and improves with more talent around him, his arm and mobility shuold serve him very well. If he sucks, Chad comes back in and we at least can be competitive.

I think if Clem excells, the team above coould win 10 and be a playoff contender.

Doesn't do enough to address the offensive and defensive lines, and those are the top needs.

The OL adds a #1 pick RT, a young OG FA, and a 3rd round rookie OG...exactyl what more did you want to be done???

DL? There is simply nobody out there in either FA or the draft that will have that big of an impact as a 3-4 DE. And that includes Chris Long. The best we can do is have a nukber of solid players whihc is what we did at the end of the year and uit seemed to work better.

Our main needs are OL, pass rusher and explosive skill players.

The OL adds a #1 pick RT, a young OG FA, and a 3rd round rookie OG...exactyl what more did you want to be done???

DL? There is simply nobody out there in either FA or the draft that will have that big of an impact as a 3-4 DE. And that includes Chris Long. The best we can do is have a nukber of solid players whihc is what we did at the end of the year and uit seemed to work better.

Our main needs are OL, pass rusher and explosive skill players.

i wouldn't sign Dante, he is a waste product.. He would pull his hammy with

a bid contract

Smiley is toast, shoulder injuries are the death to OL

GAy blows, sign the kid from Oakland

Getting RW is a good idea, not all bad!!!

I would pursue Faneca unless its already know hes going to Arizona.

I would trade Pennington to free up cap space, plus he wants out unless he can be a #1.

I would pursue Suggs.

I like the Roy Williams trade a lot.

My thinking on this plan was based on the following...

1. The odds of the jets breaking the bank for a single player, be it Faneca/Suggs/Haynesworth/Samuel etc, is probably slim...not their style.

2. I want at least one FA OLman..preferbaly a OG. If Smiley is toast, then go with Andrews. Otah takes care of the RT position and Grimes eventually replaces Moore. Thats a solid, large, signed for the next 4 years OL that averages under 26 years of age across.

3. Chad. I initially had him gone but now I think they may need to hold on to him for anohter year as insurance if they want to be competitive in 08. Chad can't force a trade or relase (and he wont) so he stays as an overpaid backup for one more year.

4. The DEs are not the real problem and we are not getting a stud NT in this draft or via FA.

5. At CB, to be honest I think Dyson is a solid compliment to Revis if he can stay healthy...and hes cheap. Gay gives us depth and a guy wiht starting experience in this D.

6. We can get by wth TJ/Leon combo for now...but we need to upgrade the WRs badly. if not Stallworth, then go after Berrain from Chi.

I have a problem with big name FA's coming here. Other than the money, what would draw you to the Jets? It's not like we're on the cusp of anything great in the next couple of years...if it's all about the money, then we could sign a couple, but if most of these guys want money and a chance to win the big one, I'm not coming here.

The jets need a reciever that is a down field threat no doubt... we also need a running back... Did you read the lipes of mangini when we couldnt make a fourth and 1 over and over in the kansas city game? he said unfckbelievable..

Look I know everyone wants a DE but I want more playmakers... A huge down field threat at reciver a awesome running back.. this team outside of kerry rhodes has no superstars.. and even kerry rhodes is a stretch.. we need a tight end for sure... chris baker blows.. we havent had a good TE on this team since johnny mitchel or mickey shuler.... we need to upgrade this offense and then that will do a world of good for the D..

The jets need a reciever that is a down field threat no doubt... we also need a running back... Did you read the lipes of mangini when we couldnt make a fourth and 1 over and over in the kansas city game? he said unfckbelievable..

Look I know everyone wants a DE but I want more playmakers... A huge down field threat at reciver a awesome running back.. this team outside of kerry rhodes has no superstars.. and even kerry rhodes is a stretch.. we need a tight end for sure... chris baker blows.. we havent had a good TE on this team since johnny mitchel or mickey shuler.... we need to upgrade this offense and then that will do a world of good for the D..

Welcome to the board, but the Jets do not need a TE by any means. Chris Baker doesnt drop a damn thing they just dont utilize him well. We dont need a RB right now either, Thomas Jones will be just fine with a better offensive line. They only thing you said that makes sense is that we need to upgrade the WR core.

Welcome to the board, but the Jets do not need a TE by any means. Chris Baker doesnt drop a damn thing they just dont utilize him well. We dont need a RB right now either, Thomas Jones will be just fine with a better offensive line. They only thing you said that makes sense is that we need to upgrade the WR core.

Baker is a nice player but I also think we need more speed at the position to comiment him. Much like we had Barkum and Shuler in the early 80s. However, I agree it is not a primary need right now.

I agree that a new OL will make the TJ/Leon combo fine for now. Hell, TJ got 1100 behind our POS OL this year...imagine what he migt do with a good OL.

WR is a must whihc is why I advocated the trade for Roy Williams. To me Coles is really a 1a as is Cotch. Both would be GREAT #2 WRs but as #1s they lack. Trade Coles, bring in Williams and a burner (Berrian) to pair wiht Cotch, Smith and Stucky and suddenyl the WR corp is prett damn good.

Roy Williams would fetch a 1st rd pick, IMO. Not sure what Vilmas value is, especially with the knee injury, but I dont think Detroit would consider that deal.

Everything else is probably realistic, although I dont see the Jets going with Ainge at the top of rd 2, maybe rd 3 if he is there. Also, Chad has to go, no matter what. I dont care if all he fetches is a 5th rd pick, he has to go for the sake of all parties.

Also, Hobson needs to be let go. He's awful. Oh and we need another DE, at the very least.

i wouldn't sign Dante, he is a waste product.. He would pull his hammy with

a bid contract

Smiley is toast, shoulder injuries are the death to OL

GAy blows, sign the kid from Oakland

Getting RW is a good idea, not all bad!!!

What about this guy

2nd pick

Here are the issues with your two new receivers:

1) Roy Williams is under contract for 2 more years for peanuts in salary. Detroit would have to eat millions in accelerated cap hit & then give Vilma a big $ contract extension. Williams simply has more trade value. He was a legit top-10 pick as a rookie & has not disappointed (an understatement when you consider who their QB's have been).

2) Donte Stallworth is not a free agent unless you know something we don't. According to the nflpa's site, he's under contract with NE through 2012.

Otherwise:

1) DRob has zero chance of returning here at his current salary. Down the stretch he was outplayed by (or at best, didn't noticeably outplay) Pouha. He's already (reportedly) taken his nameplate off his locker & is scheduled to have a salary of $7.6M next year (with another $2M-ish in amortized SB for a cap hit of about $10M). No owner/FO this frugal will pay him that money. Nor should they.

2) Even if we kept DRob, our DL is still pitifully weak. And our anemic pass rush is being put in the hands of a rookie who has never played OLB before.

3) If Smiley's shoulder is toast, I don't think he'll have the push in the running game that you envision. Stacy Andrews is okay I guess, but he's not proven that he's above average. He looks good on paper because of his size...but then so did Adrain Clarke.

4) I hate the idea of burning a high 2nd-rounder on a QB "just in case" Clemens doesn't pan out. Bring in a re-tread with some starting experience to mop up the season "just in case" or keep Pennington outright for 1 more year. But when you take a QB that high, you use him. Trying to trade him later you won't get nearly the same value back. You think GB would get back their late first-rounder for Rodgers (who could have just as easily gone top-5 that year)? Fat chance. Maybe they'd get a 3rd rounder & he hasn't even screwed up yet. If you just replaced this selection with a NT prospect (Okam, Bryant, Rubin), then your entire plan looks much better.

5) Clement is already under contract next year; no need to extend him beyond that.

6) If we dropped from #6 to #14, we'd also be entitled to their 5th rounder as well.

7) By the time the combine is over, if Gholston runs under a 4.6 he won't last to #14 with that many sacks as a senior.

Baker is a nice player but I also think we need more speed at the position to comiment him. Much like we had Barkum and Shuler in the early 80s. However, I agree it is not a primary need right now.

I agree that a new OL will make the TJ/Leon combo fine for now. Hell, TJ got 1100 behind our POS OL this year...imagine what he migt do with a good OL.

WR is a must whihc is why I advocated the trade for Roy Williams. To me Coles is really a 1a as is Cotch. Both would be GREAT #2 WRs but as #1s they lack. Trade Coles, bring in Williams and a burner (Berrian) to pair wiht Cotch, Smith and Stucky and suddenyl the WR corp is prett damn good.

Have you guys scouted the Oklahoma state TE?

Roy Williams would fetch a 1st rd pick, IMO. Not sure what Vilmas value is, especially with the knee injury, but I dont think Detroit would consider that deal.

Everything else is probably realistic, although I dont see the Jets going with Ainge at the top of rd 2, maybe rd 3 if he is there. Also, Chad has to go, no matter what. I dont care if all he fetches is a 5th rd pick, he has to go for the sake of all parties.

Also, Hobson needs to be let go. He's awful. Oh and we need another DE, at the very least.

Williams is coming off a knee injury also, is a FA after 2008, and supopsedly wants out fo Detroit. Plus, Detoit needs defense badly.

I waffled on the Ainge thing. Its awfully high to take a QB who might never see the field for you but if Clem sh*ts the bed in 08, it wuld be nice to already have the next "heir apparant" on the roster...but I wuld not be adverse to using that #2 on a CB or DLman.

As of 3 days ago I was 100% with you on Chad...but now I am not so sure. if we have ANY hope of cometpeitng in 08, we may need Chad if Clem is not the real deal. IMO you name Clem the starter now, give him all the 1st team reps in TC and he starts the season. Unless he TOTALLY sucks, he is the guy. But if he is truly bad...so bad that the team feels he is no longer the answer, at least we could trun back to Chad for 08 and possiobly stay comeptitive.

Hobson? I think hed make a damn good 3-4 ILB...hes totaly miscast as a 3-4 OLB.

DL? Here's the thing. I see no one in either FA or the draft who will suddenly make our DL that much better (inclding Long). Mosely and POuha came on this year. Coleman was solid. Ellis is decent. DRob is good if used correctly. Brown has some potential and good size. If we can upgrade our LBs (Gholston, Hobby inside, etc), that DL shuld be able to hold the line and let the LBs clean up.

Here are the issues with your two new receivers:

1) Roy Williams is under contract for 2 more years for peanuts in salary. Detroit would have to eat millions in accelerated cap hit & then give Vilma a big $ contract extension. Williams simply has more trade value. He was a legit top-10 pick as a rookie & has not disappointed (an understatement when you consider who their QB's have been).

2) Donte Stallworth is not a free agent unless you know something we don't. According to the nflpa's site, he's under contract with NE through 2012.

Otherwise:

1) DRob has zero chance of returning here at his current salary. Down the stretch he was outplayed by (or at best, didn't noticeably outplay) Pouha. He's already (reportedly) taken his nameplate off his locker & is scheduled to have a salary of $7.6M next year (with another $2M-ish in amortized SB for a cap hit of about $10M). No owner/FO this frugal will pay him that money. Nor should they.

2) Even if we kept DRob, our DL is still pitifully weak. Our anemic pass rush is being put in the hands of a rookie who has never played OLB before.

3) If Smiley's shoulder is toast, I don't think he'll have the push in the running game that you envision. Stacy Andrews is okay I guess, but he's not proven that he's above average. He looks good on paper because of his size...but then so did Adrain Clarke.

4) I hate the idea of burning a high 2nd-rounder on a QB "just in case" Clemens doesn't pan out. Bring in a re-tread with some starting experience to mop up the season "just in case" or keep Pennington outright for 1 more year. But when you take a QB that high, you use him. Trying to trade him later you won't get nearly the same value back. You think GB would get a late first-rounder for Rodgers? Fat chance. Maybe they'd get a 3rd rounder & he hasn't even screwed up yet. If you just replaced this selection with a NT prospect (Okam, Bryant, Rubin), then your entire plan looks much better.

5) Clement is already under contract next year; no need to extend him beyond that.

6) If we dropped from #6 to #14, we'd also be entitled to their 5th rounder as well.

7) By the time the combine is over, if Gholston runs under a 4.6 he won't last to #14 with that many sacks as a senior.

Fair points. To retort....

1) Williams is coming off knee injury and with so little of his contract left, the accelerated bonus hit would nt be that bad. In addition, whatever they pay Vilma will likely be less then what they would have to pay Williams to reup him. Also, if healthy, Vilam is exactly what Detroit needs...a QB on D. Maybe my offer doesnt get it done, but I think its close.

2) My undertsanding from my friends who are Pats fans is that he has a player option and can opt out of his deal whihc is a pretty cheap one. My guess is he does. But if not Stallworth then Berrain wuld be a nice alternative to eprsure. Either way, we need speed.

Other isues....

1) Drob- Agreed he has a huge cap number...but what the F do we do wiht him? He wont restructure and I am not sure what we can trade hm for. I keep him and rotate him between NT and DE, use him at DT in the 4 man sets and try to get the most out of him you can. I am not comfortbale wiht just POuha at NT.

2) We are not going to get mucgh pass rush from these DLmen anyway in a 3-4...its going to have to come from the OLB positions. many many rookie OLBs who played DE in college have made the transition quickly. Combine that wiht harris and Rhodes blitzing, Bowens being used more and hopefuly BT refinding his game and our pass rush could improve. I simply do not see any DLmen in the drfat or FA who is going to make that big an impact for us ina 3-4...and that includes Long.

3) In my perfect world we sign faneca...but thats not ging to happen. Andrews is better then Clarke...much better. If Smiley is healthy, hes my first choice. Lilja could be an option also. Either way, we canot rely solely on the draft to rebuild our OL.

4) Look what Philly got for AJ Feely. Look what Minny got for Culpepper. Look what Atl got for Shaub. Look what Atl got for Favre way back when. Look what Miami got for Scott Mitchell. Look what NE got for a washed up Bledsoe. A QB who has not played like crap (a la Rodgers) and shows potential can bring back plenty. I did waffle on this idea though I must admit and wuld have no problem using the #2 on a CB or DL.

5) I stand corrected...but I keep him for depth.

6) OK...even better.

7) Possible. I still dont love him at 6 so perhaps Carolina or someone on the top 10 wants to move up for Ryan or Brohm.

Just posted it on JA, wanted to get the thoughts of those here too. OK, here we go....

Trades:

3. Trade our #1 (6th overall) to Chicago for their #1 (14th overall) and #2 (#44 overall) (this is assuming Chi wants Ryan and he is there at 6)

Cut: Barrett, JMac, Ryan, Clarke (wiht Coles and Vilmashould free up another 6-8 mil in cap space)

Re-Sign: Hobson (and move him inside), Rhodes (extend him now), Clement (as a backup), Wade Smith (depth)

FA Signings:

3. Randall Gay (nice player, decent #2 CB, cheaper then Samuel, leaves NE wiht no one when Samuel bolts).

Draft

The Team....

FB- Schmidt, Tutt

C- Mangold, Smith

NT- DRob, Pouha,

S- Rhodes, Smith, Elam

Eventually we can add a franhcise RB (TJ is fine for now) and speed TE on O and a NT on D (Pouha seemed to step up towards the end of the year). Penny stays as a backup and insurance.

Thoughts????

1st pick

I hope you don't take this stuff personally (and you don't seem to). But I just don't like the only change in the front seven to be adding a rookie OLB who is new to the position.

And what can we do with DRob? We can release him. Not every player with a name is worth keeping or trading as the only options. Sometimes players just cost too much for their production. I can think of plenty of ways to better spend almost $8M in cap space in '08 ($6M if released pre-draft) than to just give it to DRob because he's the best we have right now. The best 3-4 NT's in the NFL don't make that kind of money. Not ONE of them. Only reason to keep him is if there was no cap relief (or minimal cap relief or an outright additional cap HIT) for keeping him. None of those are the case. He's gone. That is what the F we do with him.

Those QB's you mentioned -- all of them had played at least a little. Some of them had pro bowls under their belts. But his value will not go up or stay the same by exclusively riding the pine, which is exactly what will happen if Clemens doesn't suck again.

And Roy Williams is not a FA after '08 unless he has some opt-out that I'm unaware of (entirely possible). He's under contract through the 2009 season as far as I can tell.

Williams is coming off a knee injury also, is a FA after 2008, and supopsedly wants out fo Detroit. Plus, Detoit needs defense badly.

I waffled on the Ainge thing. Its awfully high to take a QB who might never see the field for you but if Clem sh*ts the bed in 08, it wuld be nice to already have the next "heir apparant" on the roster...but I wuld not be adverse to using that #2 on a CB or DLman.

As of 3 days ago I was 100% with you on Chad...but now I am not so sure. if we have ANY hope of cometpeitng in 08, we may need Chad if Clem is not the real deal. IMO you name Clem the starter now, give him all the 1st team reps in TC and he starts the season. Unless he TOTALLY sucks, he is the guy. But if he is truly bad...so bad that the team feels he is no longer the answer, at least we could trun back to Chad for 08 and possiobly stay comeptitive.

Hobson? I think hed make a damn good 3-4 ILB...hes totaly miscast as a 3-4 OLB.

DL? Here's the thing. I see no one in either FA or the draft who will suddenly make our DL that much better (inclding Long). Mosely and POuha came on this year. Coleman was solid. Ellis is decent. DRob is good if used correctly. Brown has some potential and good size. If we can upgrade our LBs (Gholston, Hobby inside, etc), that DL shuld be able to hold the line and let the LBs clean up.

Tommy Kelly - Oakland raiders DE, free agent, would automatically be our best dlineman. Coleman I can live with, I dont like Ellis as a starting 3-4 Dlineman. As for the drafts DEs in the 3-4, I'm sure there will be some as there always are.

Also, if they havent moved Hobson inside by now, I doubt they resign him in free agency to a contract to play ILB. He hasnt proven he can play at that spot, seems alittle risky. Maybe I am biased, but I am just sick of the little midget getting owned by a TE.

If Vilma hadnt had the knee injury, I can see it. Apparently, its a very serious injury. Who knows, I'd love that deal though despite Roy Williams being somewhat of an under achiever, he'd still be a good #1.

I hope you don't take this stuff personally (and you don't seem to). But I just don't like the only change in the front seven to be adding a rookie OLB who is new to the position.

And what can we do with DRob? We can release him. Not every player with a name is worth keeping or trading as the only options. Sometimes players just cost too much for their production. I can think of plenty of ways to better spend almost $8M in cap space in '08 ($6M if released pre-draft) than to just give it to DRob because he's the best we have right now. The best 3-4 NT's in the NFL don't make that kind of money. Not ONE of them. Only reason to keep him is if there was no cap relief (or minimal cap relief or an outright additional cap HIT) for keeping him. None of those are the case. He's gone. That is what the F we do with him.

Those QB's you mentioned -- all of them had played at least a little. Some of them had pro bowls under their belts. But his value will not go up or stay the same by exclusively riding the pine, which is exactly what will happen if Clemens doesn't suck again.

And Roy Williams is not a FA after '08 unless he has some opt-out that I'm unaware of (entirely possible). He's under contract through the 2009 season as far as I can tell.

Absolutlely not. I am pretty much a guest on this board and it just one mans opinins here. Plus, anyone like you who hates Herman the Fraud as much as I do is entitled to say anything he wants to me!

As to DRob...I just dont think you can cut a guy who ahs that kind of talent. At minimum I trade him.

The QBs...the only one who had pro bowls was Culpepper. the rest bearly played. Including favre who didnt play a down for Atl in 91.

I stand corrected on Williams. I thought he was up in 08.

As t the pass rush...look what Meerriman did for SD i year 1 or what Ware did for Dallas in year 1.

Absolutlely not. I am pretty much a guest on this board and it just one mans opinins here. Plus, anyone like you who hates Herman the Fraud as much as I do is entitled to say anything he wants to me!

As to DRob...I just dont think you can cut a guy who ahs that kind of talent. At minimum I trade him.

The QBs...the only one who had pro bowls was Culpepper. the rest bearly played. Including favre who didnt play a down for Atl in 91.

I stand corrected on Williams. I thought he was up in 08.

As t the pass rush...look what Meerriman did for SD i year 1 or what Ware did for Dallas in year 1.

That worked because they had 3 DLmen legitimately take up 5 OLmen. And Merriman's steroids didn't hurt his performance too much. And those teams had multiple first-round picks those years.

Also I'm pretty sure Bledsoe was a pro-bowl QB with NE. They also went to a SB with him as the QB. He was also relatively young & already had 10's of thousands of passing yards under his belt. Hardly the same as drafting a guy & not using him & expecting the same in return.

I'll put one of these together eventually so people can rip on my own "if I had my way" plan, and I know a lot of thought goes into them. Just find it hard to endorse a 3rd straight year of playing the 3-4 with DRob as our primary NT with no other plan in effect for 2008 or beyond.

I like the Roy Williams/Vilma trade if Detroit would do it. Personally, see Jacksonville as a better trading partner for LC. Not sure KC would offer a third and only thing we gain is age. Injured WR for injured WR. Your mock has a lot of projected trades in the first round. It looks good on paper but too many teams between 6 and 14 looking for OLB/DE with pass rushing skills for Gholston to last and Otah may move up. Like I said looks good on paper. I

That worked because they had 3 DLmen legitimately take up 5 OLmen. And Merriman's steroids didn't hurt his performance too much. And those teams had multiple first-round picks those years.

Also I'm pretty sure Bledsoe was a pro-bowl QB with NE. They also went to a SB with him as the QB. He was also relatively young & already had 10's of thousands of passing yards under his belt. Hardly the same as drafting a guy & not using him & expecting the same in return.

I'll put one of these together eventually so people can rip on my own "if I had my way" plan, and I know a lot of thought goes into them. Just find it hard to endorse a 3rd straight year of playing the 3-4 with DRob as our primary NT with no other plan in effect for 2008 or beyond.

You are correct about Bledsoe. But by the time he got hurt and lost his job to Brady, there were serious questions about his abilities since the team had done dick in 4 years under him. My main point is that nohting gets other teams to give up more and overpay then when you dangle a decent potential young Q at them. Happens time and time again...even when the QB is unproven.

I hear you about the DL...Id love to have Seymour, warren and Wilfat myslef. But I just dont see anyone out there to get eihterin the draft or FA who is going to suddenyl make our DL tht much beter!

Trades:

FA Signings:

Draft

The Team....

FB- Schmidt, Tutt

C- Mangold, Smith

NT- DRob, Pouha,

S- Rhodes, Smith, Elam

Thoughts????

I honestly don't think Coles is going to be moved. (Unless of course he opens his trap) ;).

Aboslutely agree on a tackle like Andrews. (Jordan Gross of Carolina may be another option.)

Agree with the need a short yardage back. Jones dances around a little too much.

I don't know about the QB. If the Jets did what you are saying then I would be all over a guy like Ainge.

CB: Interesting. Miller was hurt, Dyson; who knows where the flunk he is right now. Poteat is not the answer but the answer may already be there in Miller or Dyson.

Not bad.

I just think the Jets need a game breaker at WR, rebuild the OL and they ABSOLUTELY have to get faster on defense.

I honestly don't think Coles is going to be moved. (Unless of course he opens his trap) ;).

Aboslutely agree on a tackle like Andrews. (Jordan Gross of Carolina may be another option.)

Agree with the need a short yardage back. Jones dances around a little too much.

I don't know about the QB. If the Jets did what you are saying then I would be all over a guy like Ainge.

CB: Interesting. Miller was hurt, Dyson; who knows where the flunk he is right now. Poteat is not the answer but the answer may already be there in Miller or Dyson.

Not bad.

Hey Shawn...shoot me an e-mail to my yahoo address when yuo get a chance. My computer got wiped out and I can't find your e-mails or re-find your web site. I may have some "new additions" coming in shortly if you know what I mean!!!!

Hey Shawn...shoot me an e-mail to my yahoo address when yuo get a chance. My computer got wiped out and I can't find your e-mails or re-find your web site. I may have some "new additions" coming in shortly if you know what I mean!!!!

Check your PM.

But how many chanced do you actually get to grab a elite player such as a adrian peterson? thats what you get with a guy like mcfadden.. thomas jones is not a homerun threat even with a great o-line.. chris bakers sucks... we need a better tight end... we need playmakers..we dont have any... cotchery is our best reciever? love him but we need more.... we also a need a big fat bastard to plug up the middle against runs..

We have no offense!!! face the fckn facts.. we have none to speak of... thomas jones leon washington coles cotchery our QB Clemons is not the answer obviously.. People get paid to scout players and from what they seen from clemons this year was horrible.. its not if you win or anything itsabout how he makes his reads and alot of more improtant things pro's can see... we missed out on cutler... I spoke on my last board for years until they closed the website... so im telling you I was outraged when there was talk they would select Dbrick with the first pick..then they did and I almost threw up... literally.. I was sick.. and now look.. hes a bust.. he stinks... he was under sized for that spot and he was the best o-lineman in a weak o-linman class... mangold was a great pick but we did not need to go with 2 o-lineman in the first round..

We missed on Cutler when everyone was screaming how good that kid was..

2008 Mock Draft:

Last update: Thursday, Jan. 3, 2007. Next update: Soon.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2008.php

. New York Jets: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas

I changed my mind about this selection so many times when the Jets were drafting third. At No. 6, this becomes much easier.

Darren McFadden is the top prospect in this draft class. McFadden can do for the Jets what Adrian Peterson did for the Vikings - give them a primer offensive weapon capable of dominating a single contest on his own. And it's not like the Jets' offense is all that great; they were ranked 25th, scoring about 17 points per contest. If the Jets take McFadden, I'd feel bad for Thomas Jones, but being able to obtain an athlete as talented as McFadden comes along once every few decades

New York Jets: Derrick Harvey, DE/OLB, Florida

If the Jets draft Darren McFadden in the first round, they need to make pressuring the quarterback their top priority here. Managing only 29 sacks in an entire season is ridiculous.

New York Jets: John Greco, OT, Toledo

Right tackle Anthony Clement has the pass-blocking ability of a turnstile. The Jets need a major upgrade there if they want to keep Kellen Clemens healthy.

2008 Mock Draft:

Peterson runs behind a very good offensive line. Hutchinson and McKinney are tops at their positions on the left side of the Minny line. I am not against drafting McFadden if he is there at #6 but I would be shocked if he approached Peterson's production behind random left guard X and Ferguson.

The Jets priorities should be to resolve the offensive line, NT and OLB/pass rush. I think they can do all of this and add an offensive weapon (which in my view should be a WR). They have, after all, several tradable pieces, good draft position and a ton of room under the cap.

Archived