F This

Gainzo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If i were going to name a team on paper that i like more than the pats going into next season it would be the colts. A healthy marvin harrison and dwight freeney as well as a year older anthony gonzalez and I think the colts are gonna be my team to beat. However, i remain steadfast that the superbowl champ is the best team until the season starts and I beleive the giants earned that right.

Additionally, we havn't even gone through the draft, free agency, retirement, cuts etc. so i think calling any team the "team to beat" is a bit premature.

If i were going to name a team on paper that i like more than the pats going into next season it would be the colts. A healthy marvin harrison and dwight freeney as well as a year older anthony gonzalez and I think the colts are gonna be my team to beat. However, i remain steadfast that the superbowl champ is the best team until the season starts and I beleive the giants earned that right.

Additionally, we havn't even gone through the draft, free agency, retirement, cuts etc. so i think calling any team the "team to beat" is a bit premature.

Are you really expecting a front running patsy fan to be measured and reasonable?

Are you really expecting a front running patsy fan to be measured and reasonable?

I have a real problem with being called a front runner.

The Patriost lost to a superior team who's fanbase- en mass- sold tickets to the last regular season game to Patriots fans. Definitely a smart-money-making move - but certainly not something to hang your fan hat on, you know?

The Patriots had no real positive history (save a few moments here and there) until Parcells came aboard. The Jest fanbase is based on one shining moment - and a brazen QB with real sex appeal living in the grandest city of them all.

I have a problem being called a front runner by a fanbase that openly rooted for a team they play second fiddle to. I will give those that live out of the tri-state area a break - you don't live it. But those of you that go to all the games/live in the area? Are you kidding me? The stadium says "Giants" on it. The Jets were hardly talked about before - forget about it now. Where's the pride? Is second class okay? You enjoy being in steerage? I don't get it - then again there is only one team for each sport in my town so I may be talking out of my arse - but it just seems weird to me that you would rather play second fiddle to the team that beats your arse in the media all the time, than be a team that plays in the same division as the Pats.

Whether the Giants win or lose the Super Bowl, they will be the more popular team in the Tri-State area. They have been around for many more years than the Jets and have a tremendous amount more of success. Its something that you have to get used to.

I for one was planning to root for New England, but when it all came down on Saturday night and into Super Bowl Sunday, I decided the best thing to do was to root against your biggest rival. Its not the Giants organization we hate, its the d'bag fans of the Giants a lot of us hate and trust me, I still do hate them with an undying passion. BUT, to see the CHEATERS CHOKE on the biggest stage of them all, I'll take all the Giants praising talk for the next month before its all Mets and Yankees, and even already the talk on the radio is more Johan Santana than anything else.

But hey, at least its not like Boston where the Patriots are just Red Sox fans with nothing to do in the winter. ;)

Whether the Giants win or lose the Super Bowl, they will be the more popular team in the Tri-State area. They have been around for many more years than the Jets and have a tremendous amount more of success. Its something that you have to get used to.

I for one was planning to root for New England, but when it all came down on Saturday night and into Super Bowl Sunday, I decided the best thing to do was to root against your biggest rival. Its not the Giants organization we hate, its the d'bag fans of the Giants a lot of us hate and trust me, I still do hate them with an undying passion. BUT, to see the CHEATERS CHOKE on the biggest stage of them all, I'll take all the Giants praising talk for the next month before its all Mets and Yankees, and even already the talk on the radio is more Johan Santana than anything else.

But hey, at least its not like Boston where the Patriots are just Red Sox fans with nothing to do in the winter. ;)

hey u r on fire lately,,,great post...

POTW

You have so much to learn, young one.

I love how you all call them Cheaters. If that is what helps you sleep at night. I'm convinced that the fanbase's attitude has an effect on the team. Pats fans got ****y. Jest fans are just kind of stupid. ;)

I was on the phone with a Jest fan yesterday. They had asked if there were folks wearing Pats hats or jackets yesterday. Interesting question. I had not really noticed since I see it everyday. Part of the landscape. Anyway, I work near the Boston Garden - it's actually where I catch the train home. So I see all the fans: Bruins, Celtics and Sox going to the green line subway to catch the game in another part of Boston. Anyway, beleive it or not, there are more Pats hats and jackets than anything else. Maybe 'cause it's winter....but it is true. So- yesterday on my way home I made an effort to notice what folks were wearing. I was amazed - and disturbed. There was a hockey game last night. Bruins fans all over the concourse. I'd say 70-80% of them were wearing a Bruins jersey with a Pats cap or a Pats jersey with a Bruins cap. Commuters going home - many, many Patriots hats being worn. Really interesting.....and then is saddened me. What is it about this town that it takes a collapse or a disspointment or a figurative stomach punch to band us together? Crazy.

If calling the Jets the "Jests" helps you sleep at night then go for it. Just like for Gainzo, if bringing up the Pats have won three championships compared to the Jets' one helps him sleep at night, so be it. Fact is, for the first time in our lives, EVERYONE will remember the losing team of the Super Bowl and for many, many reasons.

The Patriots DID cheat, whether you want to admit it to yourself or not. Problem is for Patriot fans, the cheating stories arn't over yet. Spygate will turn out to just be the last line of cheating scandals by the Patriots organization since Mumbles arrived.

If calling the Jets the "Jests" helps you sleep at night then go for it. Just like for Gainzo, if bringing up the Pats have won three championships compared to the Jets' one helps him sleep at night, so be it. Fact is, for the first time in our lives, EVERYONE will remember the losing team of the Super Bowl and for many, many reasons.

The Patriots DID cheat, whether you want to admit it to yourself or not. Problem is for Patriot fans, the cheating stories arn't over yet. Spygate will turn out to just be the last line of cheating scandals by the Patriots organization since Mumbles arrived.

Wishful thinking, oh little one. The Pats got caught taping the Jets within the first 7 minutes of the first NFL game this year - the Jest did not get caught. Trust me, Mangini does it too. If I recall, during the leaked tape didn't one of the Jest coaches wave over? Yes, yes they did. This other allegation is pure crap to rain on the Patsies parade - ooops, no parade LOL!

I post Jest because thats how I feel about some of the Jets fans. Good luck with your second class team though. NUUUUUGGGGE!!!!!!!!!! ;)

:rl:

You can see the pain in these posts...

as jet fans we understand..

the pats were jet-like for many decades..they have had a great run recently..will it continue? maybe..maybe not..

Like I stated yesterday, I'm at stage three of the grieving process: anger ;)

Truth be told, I didn't dump over the Jets at all this year - or last - out of respect for the people here. Now.....screw you all. You haven't shown me "stu gatz" as my grandpa used to say.

You have to think the Pats are the team to beat in the division next year - with Buffalo gaining ground. What that team accomplished this year - with all those injuries - was pretty remarkable. I suspect the Pats will stack up on Defense to off-set the offense. Always tweaking. Trying to get back - and win - the big game. Miami - even with Tuna - is years away. The Jets have a boat-load of holes to fill on offense.

Wishful thinking, oh little one. The Pats got caught taping the Jets within the first 7 minutes of the first NFL game this year - the Jest did not get caught. Trust me, Mangini does it too. If I recall, during the leaked tape didn't one of the Jest coaches wave over? Yes, yes they did. This other allegation is pure crap to rain on the Patsies parade - ooops, no parade LOL!

I post Jest because thats how I feel about some of the Jets fans. Good luck with your second class team though. NUUUUUGGGGE!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Hey, I'm sure you know all about second class teams, seeing as in the city of Boston the Patriots are second class to your beloveded Red Sawx.

Oh, and it wasn't the game in which New England was cheating against the Jets where the coach waved over, it was in one other five games in which Goodell saw tapes of the same exact things happening. Just so you know, "oh old one". ;)

Hey, I'm sure you know all about second class teams, seeing as in the city of Boston the Patriots are second class to your beloveded Red Sawx.

Oh, and it wasn't the game in which New England was cheating against the Jets where the coach waved over, it was in one other five games in which Goodell saw tapes of the same exact things happening. Just so you know, "oh old one". ;)

I could have sworn it was Jets coach.....please, you know what I'm getting at. Everyone tries to get signals - that's why coaches change them. You think Mangini does not? C'mon now - you aren't that niave.

I'm not a Red Sox fan. Don't insult me like THAT ;) - although I find it tremendously amusing when a 19 year old who lives in Jersey is trying to tell me how Boston is. :rolleyes: Pats at 1-a, Sox are 1. True. Bruins are non-existent. Celtics will be getting all the pub now.

I've been to NYC during the off-season and during the season. It's non-stop Giants talk - even when they were imploding....you know, when the fans were alling for Eli and Coughlin's head? Anyway, I think you heard Jets talk for all of five minutes. Sad really.

I could have sworn it was Jets coach.....please, you know what I'm getting at. Everyone tries to get signals - that's why coaches change them. You think Mangini does not? C'mon now - you aren't that niave.

I'm not a Red Sox fan. Don't insult me like THAT ;) - although I find it tremendously amusing when a 19 year old who lives in Jersey is trying to tell me how Boston is. :rolleyes: Pats at 1-a, Sox are 1. True. Bruins are non-existent. Celtics will be getting all the pub now.

I've been to NYC during the off-season and during the season. It's non-stop Giants talk - even when they were imploding....you know, when the fans were alling for Eli and Coughlin's head? Anyway, I think you heard Jets talk for all of five minutes. Sad really.

And that is the way it has always been and will always be.

It is a fact of life that most Jets fans have come to accept. Even when they were at Shea they played second fiddle to the Mets who treated the Jets alot worse then the Giants or the NJSEA ever did.

New York will always be a town for the "Old" New york Teams

Yankees, Giants. Knicks, Rangers

They will dominate the airwaves are front and center. Teams like the Jets, Devils, Islanders, Nets. When they are good and making playoff runs they get attention. When the suck they are ignored.

I have a real problem with being called a front runner.

The Patriost lost to a superior team who's fanbase- en mass- sold tickets to the last regular season game to Patriots fans. Definitely a smart-money-making move - but certainly not something to hang your fan hat on, you know?

The Patriots had no real positive history (save a few moments here and there) until Parcells came aboard. The Jest fanbase is based on one shining moment - and a brazen QB with real sex appeal living in the grandest city of them all.

I have a problem being called a front runner by a fanbase that openly rooted for a team they play second fiddle to. I will give those that live out of the tri-state area a break - you don't live it. But those of you that go to all the games/live in the area? Are you kidding me? The stadium says "Giants" on it. The Jets were hardly talked about before - forget about it now. Where's the pride? Is second class okay? You enjoy being in steerage? I don't get it - then again there is only one team for each sport in my town so I may be talking out of my arse - but it just seems weird to me that you would rather play second fiddle to the team that beats your arse in the media all the time, than be a team that plays in the same division as the Pats.

18-1 and "That time of the month again" must really be a ****ty combination for you.

Actually, they weren't the team to beat in 07 and they won't be the team to beat in 08. The team to beat in 07 was IND, 08 will be the NYG's. Sorry Patsies.

Thats flawed logic... your ranking the team based on previous accomplishments with different players...

The Pats were the team to beat in 07' and it showed, they blew it.

Just because you read something on Patsfans.com, doesn't make it true. ;)

Estrella was caught when he tried to enter the lockerroom at halftime, not in the first seven minutes. I can find links, if you want.

I don't think I read a single accusation from any team, that Mangini videotapes signals. Oh sure, the Pats leaked a story that they asked a Jets cameraman to leave their stadium last year, but nobody seemed to disagree that he was recording game film.

But yes, one of the tapes Belicheat handed over showed a coach waving. It was Herm, :lol: . He even admitted to this. :rolleyes:

Look, I know that nearly everybody in the NFL, tries to steal signals, sifts through garbage cans, interviews cut players, send spies to practices, etc. to try and gain a competitive edge. But the videotaping, this was taking it to a whole other level, and it was of great concern to everybody. The competition committee, the owners, the commisioner, everybody agreed that the use of videotape was effecting the integrity of the game and had to stop. Everybody understood that, everybody, expect one freakin' arrogant ******* from New England. Belicheat thumbed his nose, and continued to do it anyway.

Now I really hope that Matt Walsh is full of crap. I really hope so. Because if he really does have something, then the whole NFL gets a blackeye, and that effects everybody. There's one person to blame for this mess, and that's Belicheat. Sure, Goodell should take some blame for not handling this better in the first place, but Belicheat brought this whole thing on.

There! Got that off my chest. :)

Archived