Jonathan Vilma trade rumors (Merged 4x)

TaborJet

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If I had told you at the end of 2005, after Vilma made the pro bowl and led the NFL in tackles his second season in the league, that two years later the Jets would be using him as trade bait for a 3rd round pick? You would have f_cking laughed.

The pain. If the Jets don't go 9-7 or better next year I want this entire regime thrown out. Not that Woody even cares.

Clearly it is Tanginis fault that Vilma got injured and his trade value has gone south. Duh.

And why dont you wait till they actually trade him for a 3rd rd pick before you b##ch and moan.

i'm surprised so many people want a QB. I liked Kellen's intangibles and am looking forward to him playing this year.

I guess i'd rather not have the second pick, i'd rather keep our six and get a second. Moving up is the wrong direction in this particular draft.

If you want to move down #2 might be a lot better spot to be sitting. Anybody that falls in love will probably be looking for somebody likely to be gone by 6 (Long, Ryan, McFadden).

mcfadden has had 2 bar incidents and a brewing agent scandal

i agree they need playmakers but let's be real DMC is probably not even on Mangini's board because he's not a boy scout.

If they are really going to operate like that they will never win anything so it doesn't matter who they draft. The smart tough hardworking piece of crap get REALLY old REALLY fast.

I agree, unless the person at #2 could make a huge impact right away? I don't think anyone in this draft can!

Honestly I think Long can be a playmaker today in the 34, our version of Mike Vrabel only better.

The kids got a nonstop motorm can rush the passer, and has decent pass coverage skills from what I have seen.

If they trade up to #2, they have to take him, anyone else wouldnt be worth the pick.

Honestly I think Long can be a playmaker today in the 34, our version of Mike Vrabel only better.

The kids got a nonstop motorm can rush the passer, and has decent pass coverage skills from what I have seen.

If they trade up to #2, they have to take him, anyone else wouldnt be worth the pick.

He plays a completely different position than Vrabel.

If you want to move down #2 might be a lot better spot to be sitting. Anybody that falls in love will probably be looking for somebody likely to be gone by 6 (Long, Ryan, McFadden).

Mcfadden will be there at 6... barring any trades... who needs him?

Dolphins Ronnie Brown

Rams Steven jackson

Falcons could.. but probaly sign foster and draft Matt Ryan

Raiders? Resigned fargus for three years.... and need a NT to replace sapp.. ellis or dorsey

KC They have Larry Johnson.. they need an o-linman badly jake long makes sense

Jets Mcfadden

Pats Gholsten

vilma plus 6 for Chris Long would be a sweet deal. Chris Long was tailor made for this team and this defense.

He may be, and this team has tons of holes to fill... BUT

WE NEED OFFENSE. The offensive unit is light years behind the Defensive unit, and that's saying a lot

If they are really going to operate like that they will never win anything so it doesn't matter who they draft. The smart tough hardworking piece of crap get REALLY old REALLY fast.

i agree. i am so sick of hearing "mangini guys" and "good character". win some games and you wont have any problems. this current regime really does make me sick. it's clear that the jets don;t know how to build a franchise

vilma plus 6 for Chris Long would be a sweet deal. Chris Long was tailor made for this team and this defense.

If the Jets are targeting Chris Long then it will have to be a draft day deal because he could easily go to Miami. In fact, I believe Miami will pick Long if they cant trade out.

He plays a completely different position than Vrabel.

He played as a 34 end in college, but I have heard him project, due to his size, to be more of a 34 LB, like Vrabel.

He can still be a dominant 34 end I think though, people knock his size but there are a few 34 ends around the league that are close to the same size as him.

Bitonti I hear what you are saying but at some point the Jets are going to have to change that stance a bit. This team needs playmakers desperately. Not saying I want McFadden would prefer Long but this team captain stuff only takes you so far

Yeah just like the pats... they wanted all choir boys... meanwhile when they needed a position to upgrade they signed everyone... including one of the biggest troublemakers... Moss

He played as a 34 end in college, but I have heard him project, due to his size, to be more of a 34 LB, like Vrabel.

He can still be a dominant 34 end I think though, people knock his size but there are a few 34 ends around the league that are close to the same size as him.

I agree with you. To me, he is a 3-4 LB. Like Vrabel.

one thing he isn't is a 34 LB. he's not close to fast enough.

I agree with this. Every report says he lacks explosion off the LOS, which is exactly what a pass rushing OLB needs. If he does get drafted by us IMO he bulks up and plays DE.

What happened the last time we drafted a linemen hoping he would bulk up? How did that turn out?

What happened the last time we drafted a linemen hoping he would bulk up? How did that turn out?

The knock on Brick was he always had trouble keeping up his weight. The only knock I have really heard on Long is he doesnt have a great timed speed (around a 48 40 i think), so we keep him on the line and let him chew up blockers like a 34 lineman is supoosed to.

The knock on Brick was he always had trouble keeping up his weight. The only knock I have really heard on Long is he doesnt have a great timed speed (around a 48 40 i think), so we keep him on the line and let him chew up blockers like a 34 lineman is supoosed to.

He could be awesome and he still wouldn't have the impact on the team McFadden would if he works out.

He could be awesome and he still wouldn't have the impact on the team McFadden would if he works out.

Anyway, I agree with you: I'd rather stay at #6 and get another player for Vilma. If Long slips to #6 then great, otherwise take someone else or trade down.

Longs Pedigree is all I need..His dad is a HOFer and coaches him... He understands football and hes a great character guy..I know our coach needs that to take a player so he fits everything mangini needs..

Longs Pedigree is all I need..His dad is a HOFer and coaches him... He understands football and hes a great character guy..I know our coach needs that to take a player so he fits everything mangini needs..

its because of everything you just said that we are not successful. no one should give a **** about character. we want players

Sure would be getting a ton of money to "hope" about anything.

With any draft pick you are hoping that things work out.

Hoping he stays healthy

Hoping he can adjust to NFL speed

Hoping that the team wasnt fooled by gaudy workout numbers

Hoping he wasnt the product of a system

The draft is all about hoping the player you take a risk on works out for you, there are no guarantees in the Draft, all a high draft pick means is that there is slightly better chance that the player will turn out to be something special, but at the same time more risk of it blowing up in your face if it doesnt work out.

Archived