Patriots Sign Victor Hobson

MagicBizkit87

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody who is glad that Hobson has signed with the Patriots is insane. Just remember the last two linebackers that were with us, and then signed with them. Roman Phifer, and James Farrior. Who says Hobson can't be the next one of them? He has the potential, and most likely he'll find that potential with New England.

He's probably worth about as much as Pace, but the Pats will pay him substantially less. :bag:

I wouldn't say that, without a doubt Calvin Pace is better than Hobson. Talent wise, Pace is more comparable to Thomas, if not Pace may even be a little better. We all know that Thomas is an upgrade over Hobson.

Anybody who is glad that Hobson has signed with the Patriots is insane. Just remember the last two linebackers that were with us, and then signed with them. Roman Phifer, and James Farrior. Who says Hobson can't be the next one of them? He has the potential, and most likely he'll find that potential with New England.

Farrior signed with the Steelers. As for Hobson, meh!

He was solid in the 3-4

Too bad, another home grown product, 2nd round draft choice goes away

Can we keep some of our guys

To be fair, he was a major reach in the 2nd round. If I remember correctly, he was projected ~round 4-5. Not that 40-times are everything, but I think he ran a 4.85 which is just a tad slow for a 2nd round LB (actually I think it's slower than DRob ran). And that was coming out of college. He should have been taken in round 2 like Doug Jolley's trade value should have been a 3rd rounder after he was demoted to 3rd string on a terrible Raiders TE corps.

If it makes you feel any better, that year the Patriots used a 2nd rounder on Bethel Johnson 8 picks earlier. A year later they used their 2nd rounder on Marquis Hill. Their next 2nd round pick, two years later, they used on Chad Jackson.

Let see what he can do without big fataxxes like Drob in the way.

Hobson projects as an ILB.

He would be a better ILBer, it doesn't stop him from sucking. As sperm said, i'd be surprised if he made the cuts.

If he's still on the roster in September, he'll still probably only be a backup.

I liked Hobson, but you're right if he makes their roster he'll probably be a backup. On the other hand if a Jets castoff does start on the Pats what does that say about the Pats starting LBs? :)

I liked Hobson, but you're right if he makes their roster he'll probably be a backup. On the other hand if a Jets castoff does start on the Pats what does that say about the Pats starting LBs? :)

Honestly??

It says that they can fit him into their system in a way we couldn't.

Archived