The cold hard football facts on Keller

glenn212

The facts on Keller

His senior year 13.0 yds per catch -7 tds, 68 catches for 881 yds - 80 yarder his longest

Measurables were off the hook for a TE..He was #1 in all catorgories

Career: 142 catches 1882 yds 13.3 16 TDs

4.54 FORTY

41 vertical ...WHAT!!!

10 .1 broad jump... YIKES!

shuttle 20 YDS 3.98

shuttle 60 YDS 11.74

3 cone 6.88

Bench press 26 at 225 (your average d linemen)

His measurables were better then Shockey. Heap, Smith, Winslow Jr, Clarke coming out of college!! check it out if you want! Dude is ready comin off the bus...Can you say BEAST??

Bitch if you want, but this dude has "balla" written all over him!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's better and will have more of an impact than any of the recievers who were on the board when we got him. Oh and if we did not move up somebody would have snatched him, he is a beast. Maybe they move Baker and get back a 3rd or 4th rounder, there still are a few decent WR's left and we may be able to get one just with the picks we have left, none of which are a giant step down from the WR's who were picked in the first 2 rounds.. I really do not see why so many are whining about this pick, the recievers they wanted all sunk like stones and none of them looked to have as much game breaking upside as Keller does, there really were no WR worthy of a 1st or early 2nd IMO.

The facts on Keller

His senior year 13.0 yds per catch -7 tds, 68 catches for 881 yds - 80 yarder his longest

Measurables were off the hook for a TE..He was #1 in all catorgories

Career: 142 catches 1882 yds 13.3 16 TDs

4.54 FORTY

41 vertical ...WHAT!!!

10 .1 broad jump... YIKES!

shuttle 20 YDS 3.98

shuttle 60 YDS 11.74

3 cone 6.88

Bench press 26 at 225 (your average d linemen)

His measurables were better then Shockey. Heap, Smith, Winslow Jr, Clarke coming out of college!! check it out if you want! Dude is ready comin off the bus...Can you say BEAST??

Bitch if you want, but this dude has "balla" written all over him!

I don't give a rats arse about his skills and I'm not saying he isn't going to be a beast next year. Our front office is made up of a bunch of retards. We could have waited and that's what confuses fans. Because everyone one here knows it.

I don't give a rats arse about his skills and I'm not saying he isn't going to be a beast next year. Our front office is made up of a bunch of retards. We could have waited and that's what confuses fans. Because everyone one here knows it.

And if the Giants took him and he turned out to be a beast?

Great post dude..i don't care if he has great skills or he had great stats playing in the Big ten...Whats your point..you post this crap and don't put any facts behind your bitchin..what research have you done for the draft to say they didn't get great value..give me a break!

the Gints have a #1 WR

we have 2 possession wideouts

If there was a quality WR in the draft, I am sure the Jets would have considered him. Instead they got a TE who can't be covered by a LB or most strong safeties. That will greatly help Coles and Cotchery get open. And Coles is not exactly a slowpoke. Less double teams and a strong armed QB who now will have some time to throw, I think he could have a big season.

the keller pick was a head scratcher at the time but the more and more i thought about it, its not a terrible pick. he can stretch the field. gives the defense another guy to worry about slipping behind the defense. I still think we need to get a 3 round pick and get a well known WR such as Manningham or pull a LB such as Connor, Beau Bell, or Jonathan Goff.

Great post dude..i don't care if he has great skills or he had great stats playing in the Big ten...Whats your point..you post this crap and don't put any facts behind your bitchin..what research have you done for the draft to say they didn't get great value..give me a break!

The research is looking at the teams ahead of us. Not one of them needed a te. not one. there were a ton of wr's on the board. we needed one of those well ahead of a te. we needed a cb, there we at least two of those that would have been better then a te. but the point is, we could have waited he wasn't even rated that high on most of the draft guru's boards until the late 2 early 3rd. that's the point.

the keller pick was a head scratcher at the time but the more and more i thought about it, its not a terrible pick. he can stretch the field. gives the defense another guy to worry about slipping behind the defense. I still think we need to get a 3 round pick and get a well known WR such as Manningham or pull a LB such as Connor, Beau Bell, or Jonathan Goff.

if we get back into the third and take a wr or cb I won't be so pissed.

He's better and will have more of an impact than any of the recievers who were on the board when we got him. Oh and if we did not move up somebody would have snatched him, he is a beast. Maybe they move Baker and get back a 3rd or 4th rounder, there still are a few decent WR's left and we may be able to get one just with the picks we have left, none of which are a giant step down from the WR's who were picked in the first 2 rounds.. I really do not see why so many are whining about this pick, the recievers they wanted all sunk like stones and none of them looked to have as much game breaking upside as Keller does, there really were no WR worthy of a 1st or early 2nd IMO.

Well said, what does it matter if it's a TE or a WR we just helped our passing game greatly, I'd rather have a mis match TE over a speedy WR or big WR any day of the week good pick JETS this kid will help just wait and see.

As per cnnsi

The Jets attempt to add explosiveness to their offense by picking up Purdue speedster Dustin Keller. Though he is listed as a tight end, Keller is truly an oversized slot receiver who will be used to create mismatches in space. With Chris Baker installed at the base tight end position, the addition of Keller will allow the Jets to use more multiple tight end sets to generate big plays in the passing game. Some teams had Southern Cal's Fred Davis rated higher, but the Jets are willing to gamble that Keller's superior speed and athleticism gives him the chance to make a bigger impact as a pro.

I think he could be an elite Tight End. I thought he was the best Tight End in this draft and he really is a great athlete. Hopefully he can be immediately productive for us.

I'm just a bit annoyed about the manner in which we picked him up.

The Giants were gonna pick him.

The Giants were gonna pick him.

Somebody was going to pick him and it's not major espionage to figure that out between the war rooms. I think this kid could be good enough to move for him when and how we did.

Somebody was going to pick him and it's not major espionage to figure that out between the war rooms. I think this kid could be good enough to move for him when and how we did.

not sure why the fans are flippin out over this. We gave up a damn fourth. Excuse me while i go weep silently.

Like Maynard said, if a teams moves up it shows they have a guy they want and are willing to move to get him. The Jets proved, yet again, that when they find a guy the like, they will go and get him.

Good for the jets. i'm glad we don't have the fourth! no more anthony schlegals! <--joke-ish

Great post! Keller is absolutely going to stretch the field. I think Walter football or another board had him coming to us at #36 even before Baker started crying. To those who think we should've waited...so we paid a fourth to move up. What did we give up to move up for Revis and Harris last year? I think those moves worked out. Obviously Tangini liked their guy and didn't want to wait. I like the fact the this FO is aggressive.

Archived