Matt39

Who's the best RB in the division  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who's the best RB in the division

• Curtis Martin
    • Corey Dillon
    • Willis Mcgahee
    • Ronnie brown

Martin if you go with accomplishments in his career obviously- Mcgahee has the biggest upside

Dillon is a very good player but never will be a Hall of Famer-

What no love for Ricky Williams I see

I voted for McGahee because he has greater upside than Brown. Brown hasn't proven that he can take the beatings that a starter takes, and he is a little undersized to be a premiere imo.

McGahee is bigger, stronger, and has comparable speed to brown, and unlike brown (who has ricky over his shoulder), McGahee has no competition to worry about. I know he had his knee injury, (one of the most gruesome sports injuries on tv) but i think that he has fully rehabbed from that and will be strong enough to contribute and be a league leading rusher.

Martin and Dillon have both been the benchmark for consistency for the rb position in the past 8-10 years.

Dillon has averaged (except for 2003 where he got injured and lost the job to rudi johnson) 1300+ yards and almost 8 tds a year. That is solid and if he was in any other city besides Cincinnati, he would be a perennial pro bowler with those stats. Despite both his and Martin's success they only have 2-3 years each and are on their way down.

I really hope the homer fans look at the whole situation and realize that although we all love Curtis, he isn't the best.

My apologies on Brown's size, I put him more as a guy who was 5'10 and smaller, not to the size of a Warrick Dunn, but along those lines. I stand corrected.

Its ok :lol:

On another issue, I dont understand people drooling over McGahee. His YPC wasnt very good last season, and he is obviously not ever gonna be the guy he was at Miami.

On top of that, with a goof like Losman getting the ball at QB, teams will just stack the box to stuff McGahee to see if Losman can beat them or not.

IMO, Losman sucks and McGahee will have a hard time running behind that crappy horse sh** Oline.

I went with Martin just because he's the man. There's no way you can say Brown is because the dude doesn't have a single NFL carry, though he certainly could be very good. McGahee and Dillon are both very good as well. McGahee is probably the most flashy of the 3 and probably the fastest.

I voted for Martin. Just to piss Savage off.

Maxie in order to piss me off I would have to

respect your opinion which I don't.. :lol: Anyone

that thinks Hermie is a great Coach don't have a

clue!! You should stick to things you know like

how many Gerbils can you get in Tom's butt at one

time!! My List would be Dillon,McGahee(Big upside

I agree)Old Man Cumar depending on how things pan

out with Ricky Williams(The New Kid hasn't even played a down..But If Ricky is playing well, Tex is

right Martin would be the low man especially since

his Homey Hackett is now with the Buc's!! :wink:

As of now, I think there is little doubt that it is Corey Dillon. Even you homers that picked Martin know it. I won't argue that Martin has had the better career but as it stands now, Dillon is the better back. Now if Ricky returns to form, I would change my vote in a heartbeat.

Not to get into semantics, but is this one of those deals where 'best' means that you'd start a team with him, or 'best' means the guy you'd want for one game?

One game: Dillon

Start a franchise with: McGahee

Want to build a mediocre offense around: Martin

Not to get into semantics, but is this one of those deals where 'best' means that you'd start a team with him, or 'best' means the guy you'd want for one game?

I agree 100%.

As of now, I think there is little doubt that it is Corey Dillon. Even you homers that picked Martin know it. I won't argue that Martin has had the better career but as it stands now, Dillon is the better back. Now if Ricky returns to form, I would change my vote in a heartbeat.

1697 yards, thats all I have to say

I just need to make a small amendment.

Want to go with you to a Lenny Kravitz/Dave Matthews/Jack Johnson concert: Ricky Williams

That's all just compiled stats of course. Nothing to do with him getting 4.5 ypc or like 14 TD's. The offense was mediocre, but the last person you can blame that on is Curtis.

First off Martin had 4.6 ypc not 4.5!! And since

you adding Rec TD's to his total Holmes had a total

of 15 TD's last year..Of course he only played 8

games!! And Dillon had 13 Td's playing in 15 games!

Would Martin have won the Rushing Title by a yd if

the other backs had the same carries?? :roll: A

Great year for a 31 yr old back though..But with

Hackett gone what will you see this year?? I think

Dinger is more interested in winning Games then

Padding Cumars stats.. =D>

savage, if you had a choice, which RB in the AFCE would you want as your starting RB?

savage, if you had a choice, which RB in the AFCE would you want as your starting RB?

Over 30?? Dillon, under 30?? I don't know how Brown

or Ricky will be yet so I guess McGahee as of right

now!! #-o If I had to go with one at any age give

me the one with the Super Bowl Ring!! =D>

Not that I buy into your nonsense but are you prepared to pony up with the kudos should by some wild twist of fate Martin has another great year and LJ does not?

The Jets offense sucked last year with Martin being one of the only bright spots.

If a Jet fan wants to post positively concerning Martin they shouldn't have to proof their post via a Pro Football Almanac to avoid your agenda ridden wrath.

What is your prediction for Martin this year?

Dillon had nearly that many yards while playing in one less game not to mention being hampered by injuries.

Why penalize against Curtis for staying healthy?

thats right, you shouldn't.

homies keep frontin on the C-man [-X

Archived