baseball forum seems off this year, no?

Matt39

So far ity's missing the Yankees being good. That could change. But somehwere between pathetic offense and bad starters, things will have to change. Or there will be a whole bunch mroe training camp threads by the end of July.

None of the "Big Three" Yanks, Mets or Red Sox are exactly setting the world on fire through the first qtr of the season.

The Tigers struggled out of the gate

I mean right now the only team that really gets attention on this board that is doing well is the Cubs.

I do think though that will change as the season progresses.

Maybe because some characters are missing...but doesnt have the same feel to it this season.

Maybe I'm wrong.

1-less posters in here

2-zippy was banned

3-bigjermainefromqueens was banned

4-kobe24jets doesn't like baseball i guess

I think it has to do more with the Yankees not performing all that well and the Red Sox being very hot and cold than anything else.

Also, it just goes to show that no matter how well the Rays and Marlins do, people in Florida just seem to not care about baseball.

I think there are alot of 12-20 year old Yankees fans who only root for them (and post) when they are in first place.

Of course. Because Mets fans are always around when the team is struggling.

As Troll said, Baseball is just down this year. Both the NBA and NHL playoffs are exciting, Baseball also starts right around NFL Draft time so after Opening Week, it dies down and attention switches back to the NFL and the playoffs in the other leagues.

Come July, the sport will be back, hopefully.

It doesn't help that the biggest teams in the biggest markets are struggling either. I mean, are people really going to be flying to their TV sets to watch the Marlins and Rays? I think not.

As Troll said, Baseball is just down this year. Both the NBA and NHL playoffs are exciting, Baseball also starts right around NFL Draft time so after Opening Week, it dies down and attention switches back to the NFL and the playoffs in the other leagues.

It doesn't help that the biggest teams in the biggest markets are struggling either. I mean, are people really going to be flying to their TV sets to watch the Marlins and Rays? I think not.

I was just kidding.

Baseball is doing just fine this year.

Maybe it's because ESPN shoves it down the world's throats, but most people outside of New York/Boston don't give a **** about the Sox and the Yanks. Sure, these teams have fans all over, but they are not the national phenomenon that the media makes them out to be. People aren't going to stop watching just because two teams are lagging ass.

Actually, the Rays are a very fun team to watch. If you truly like baseball, not just the Yankees, you should watch the Rays.

It'd better be. It's the only game in town in the summer. :biggrin:

Actually, the Rays are a very fun team to watch. If you truly like baseball, not just the Yankees, you should watch the Rays.

The Rays could be the real deal, not just some team fast out of the gate. Lots of young talent and signed for a while.

1) Zippy was banned. Say what you will about the Dooshie, but he kept this place hopping.

2) The Yankees are disappointing. The Yankee Bandwagon fans are showing their true colors.

3) JN has become a refuge for teenage boys with confused hormones - or, JI has had a mass banning on baby rethads and they have found their way here. I understand that this place was based on becoming a place for flunkies to flock to - you know, give me your misfits and outcasts.....but c'mon now, its getting bad. So bad, that I'm starting to think Blackout is one of our better posters. Hello?! Hell's freezing over!

1) Zippy was banned. Say what you will about the Dooshie, but he kept this place hopping.

2) The Yankees are disappointing. The Yankee Bandwagon fans are showing their true colors.

3) JN has become a refuge for teenage boys with confused hormones - or, JI has had a mass banning on baby rethads and they have found their way here. I understand that this place was based on becoming a place for flunkies to flock to - you know, give me your misfits and outcasts.....but c'mon now, its getting bad. So bad, that I'm starting to think Blackout is one of our better posters. Hello?! Hell's freezing over!

Blackout has become one of our better posters.... its scary, I know, but if we stick together we can get through this.

Archived