Gholston vs. B.Thomas

TNJet

Start at OLB?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Start at OLB?

• Gholston
    • B.Thomas
    • Neither..Bowens

You chose Gholston with the sixth overall pick start. Start him and play him. Heck they may end up starting all three. Pace could always switch to the inside, but I doubt that will happen. Either way, all three should be on the field on obvious passing situations and anything longer than 3rd and 2 on 3rd down.

They both take plays off... lol...

Start both of them and they can rotate who gives 100% on which plays...

1. Gholston has not played a down in the NFL yet.

2. Some people define taking plays off as a player who, when he gets double-teamed, sometimes does not make the tackle or get close to the play.

Those people tend to be:

A. Never actually having watched the player, but simply parroting what others

defined in #2 have said.

B. Patriots fans who are mad as heck that the Jets took Gholston ahead of them.

C. Self loathing jets fans who live for negativity.

I think both should start, with Gholston playing the ILB-position. He just needs to move around, select a gap (pre-snap) and rush the passer. Harris can man the middle all by his lonesome.

It's essentially a 4-3 but with Gholston changing his line-up spot every down.

I don't get it, most of the media is saying he will probably just play obvious passing situations for the first half of the season and Thomas will start. Besides a QB and injuries, what kind of #6 overall doesn't start? Especially a guy who is widely considered a freak of nature.

I think Thomas will once again look like a scrub next year. But suppose he starts and with the addition of Gholston making him fight for his spot he returns to 2006 form. What then? Too many good LBs is a good problem to have for a 3-4 defense, but it's still a problem. It's not as if you can lineup Thomas on one side and Gholston on the other because obviously Pace has to start or the team will look retarded for paying him what they do. So, what do you think would happen if Gholston, Pace and Thomas all performed as well as we hope they will?

We didn't start Harris, and look how he played, when it didn't matter. That's why you start Gholston and hope he makes that impact. If he doesen't then u switch it up.

Disagree. Maybe Harris took some time to learn the D and was able to play and excel after he got comfortable.

I don't get it, most of the media is saying he will probably just play obvious passing situations for the first half of the season and Thomas will start. Besides a QB and injuries, what kind of #6 overall doesn't start? Especially a guy who is widely considered a freak of nature.

I think Thomas will once again look like a scrub next year. But suppose he starts and with the addition of Gholston making him fight for his spot he returns to 2006 form. What then? Too many good LBs is a good problem to have for a 3-4 defense, but it's still a problem. It's not as if you can lineup Thomas on one side and Gholston on the other because obviously Pace has to start or the team will look retarded for paying him what they do. So, what do you think would happen if Gholston, Pace and Thomas all performed as well as we hope they will?

By that logic, the team will look retarded no matter what. Either they drafted a #6 that can't start, paid Pace a ton for nothing or extended Thomas who can't sucks. Anything short of moving Pace inside and having all three excel will make them look dumb. I don't give a **** as long as at least two of them are players. I don't have a problem with them working Gholston in slowly, as long as they work him in.

I think Thomas will once again look like a scrub next year. But suppose he starts and with the addition of Gholston making him fight for his spot he returns to 2006 form. What then? Too many good LBs is a good problem to have for a 3-4 defense, but it's still a problem. It's not as if you can lineup Thomas on one side and Gholston on the other because obviously Pace has to start or the team will look retarded for paying him what they do. So, what do you think would happen if Gholston, Pace and Thomas all performed as well as we hope they will?[/quote]

You will see a lot of very creative, and productive front 7 schemes by the Jets. NE has used 7 LB's on the field at the same time.

I'd love to see Thomas really get his crap together this summer and win the starting job, allowing the Jets to use Gholston as a situational player as a rookie and bring him along slowly. Maybe even have him fresh at the end of the year should the Jets do something crazy like get into the playoffs.

And if Gholston looks to be all that by the end of the year, trade Thomas while there's still any interest in him.

Archived