Seriously, is Brett Favre an attention whore or what

Scott Dierking

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Brett Favre has told coach Mike McCarthy that he has thought about playing this year.

Had to know this day was coming. The comeback talk is reportedly only in preliminary stages, but Favre's family is encouraging him to play. Cornerback Al Harris says Favre told him he still "has the itch" to play. This situation could turn thorny. The Packers own Favre's rights, but we'd guess that the front office would simply rather move forward with Aaron Rodgers. The coaching staff may lean more towards Favre. Favre could subsequently push for his release, something Mort mentions. "Brett's a high-quality person and he's not going to push it that far," a team source said. "He'll do the right thing [and stay retired]

How can anyone be shocked by this? If I was the Packers I would call his bluff release him and let him show his true colors... they just need to move on at this point and this is coming from a huge fan of #4

If I were the Pack, I would simply refuse to take him back. They need some stability at the QB position and if Favre comes back it's just another year wasted for Aaron Rodgers. This whole 'will he, wont he' thing has become old. The Packers should not have to put up with that every season.

This IMO is a case of a player thinking he is bigger than the team. The team simply needs to put him in his place. He was a great Quarterback, but it's time to move on without him.

And a guy that likes to be talked about.

he loves to send this trial balloons and monitor how often his name is mentioned and the connotations connected with that.

Will he? Won't he? He eats this stuff up.

Or he could just want to play football. I don't see what all of the fuss is about.

If he wants to play football then go back and F'ing play. He shouldn't leave the team in complete dissaray because he doesn't know WTF he wants to do. The team should not tolerate that every single ****ing year.

Or he could just want to play football. I don't see what all of the fuss is about.

Well, he spent all those months supposedly making up his mind. And said that there was no way he would be connected with any football stories about comeback.

He just seems to think that the Green Bay Packers revolve around whatever daily whim he may have, and that decisions are not made outside of "What is on Brett's mind today?".

Franchises (at least good ones) can't run that way.

Thank you for everything that you have done Brett, here is your Gold watch, we wish you well, now stay the **** away from us.

I supported him a last year when he was holding not telling anyone what he was going to do. I thought...hey take as much time as you need..this is a big decidsion...well he did...he came back and played...ok great...now he has a retirement press conference that lasted forever...he retired...now he wants to say...no wait ...BS...the Pack needs to support Rodgers...if they took him back and I was Rodgers I would demand a trade...no trade...I holdout till they do trade me...too much drama...Favre is only thinking about Favre...I am tired of hearing it...

Well, he spent all those months supposedly making up his mind. And said that there was no way he would be connected with any football stories about comeback.

He just seems to think that the Green Bay Packers revolve around whatever daily whim he may have, and that decisions are not made outside of "What is on Brett's mind today?".

Franchises (at least good ones) can't run that way.

Thank you for everything that you have done Brett, here is your Gold watch, we wish you well, now stay the **** away from us.

Then release or trade him, but there's no harm done if he wants to play. It's not like he's springing this on them the week before the season starts.

Hopefully for Packer fans and most NFL fans, he returns. Nothing better right now than watching Brett Favre play Quarterback. The Packers are so close to appearing and winning a Super Bowl and without Favre that doesn't have a chance of happening in 2008. No way Aaron Rodgers can lead them to the Super Bowl in his first season. Not a chance. Favre played great in 2007 and hopefully will decide to return for at least one more year.

He has an itch to play and family members are telling him to do it. Come on back Brett, we miss you already!

Everyone has the right to change their mind. Even several times. Especially, the great ones. What makes Favre an annoying dildo is that he teases. "I think I might retire". "I have an itch to play". Make up your damn mind, and then announce it! The guy has a real obsession for attention.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports that Brett Favre has told coach Mike McCarthy that he has thought about playing this year.

Had to know this day was coming. The comeback talk is reportedly only in preliminary stages, but Favre's family is encouraging him to play. Cornerback Al Harris says Favre told him he still "has the itch" to play. This situation could turn thorny. The Packers own Favre's rights, but we'd guess that the front office would simply rather move forward with Aaron Rodgers. The coaching staff may lean more towards Favre. Favre could subsequently push for his release, something Mort mentions. "Brett's a high-quality person and he's not going to push it that far," a team source said. "He'll do the right thing [and stay retired]

Favre can go eat a bag of dicks. I have no respect for him anymore.

Contract Information for Brett Favre

3/2/2001: Signed a ten-year, $100 million contract. The deal included a $10 million signing bonus. 2008: $12 million, 2009: $13 million, 2010: $14 million, 2011: Free Agent

Can we afford that much?

How much will the Packers get hit if they trade or release him?

Contract Information for Brett Favre

3/2/2001: Signed a ten-year, $100 million contract. The deal included a $10 million signing bonus. 2008: $12 million, 2009: $13 million, 2010: $14 million, 2011: Free Agent

Can we afford that much?

How much will the Packers get hit if they trade or release him?

Maybe this is the hidden reason behind the PSLs.

Favre can go eat a bag of dicks. I have no respect for him anymore.

its not really hes fault ever retired player still wants to play i mean its all he did for what like 20 years straight hes not use to it.. everyone says the want to but not many follow through .. and also espn will take waht he siad and spin it and make into a bigh deal...

like broadway said it will never go away...

great now i cant watch espn for the next 2 months without them having to dedicate 20 minutes of the show to this spotlight slut. Brett do us a favre and go into seclusion

As much as ESPN licks Favre's balls Peter King is a thousand times worse.

And a guy that likes to be talked about.

he loves to send this trial balloons and monitor how often his name is mentioned and the connotations connected with that.

Will he? Won't he? He eats this stuff up.

and it made March on the NFLN unwatchable as they replayed every single decent game the guy ever had in Green Bay when he retired again, which also means we will have to suffer thru another friggin off-season NEXT YEAR of will he or won't he and his bull spit crying and who friggin cares anymore anyway. I've never seen a pro athelete do what he has been doing in over 40 years of watching sports

and it made March on the NFLN unwatchable as they replayed every single decent game the guy ever had in Green Bay when he retired again, which also means we will have to suffer thru another friggin off-season NEXT YEAR of will he or won't he and his bull spit crying and who friggin cares anymore anyway. I've never seen a pro athelete do what he has been doing in over 40 years of watching sports

This is from one of my favourite blogs:

Dear Scrotal Seam,

Since you won’t return my phone calls, and you refuse to use a computer for anything other than acquiring Canadian pharmaceuticals, I figured my only recourse is to send you this letter. They do have postal service in Bum****, Mississippi, don’t they?

Listen, I understand that you love the game and all of the media fellating you reap as a result of your play, but if you have this “itch” to come back you could have at least dropped me a line. I don’t even care if you play this year, in fact, I think it would be pretty ****ing great. With all this football crap going on I’ve fallen way behind in my regimen of naps and vacations over the past two off-seasons. All I’m asking is that you stop dicking me around like this year after year.

If you need me for any reason I’ll be doing the same thing I do during every training camp, sneaking over to your house during film study and butt-****ing Deanna on your freshly mown lawn.

Yours In Christ,

Aaron Rodgers

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2008/07/an-intercepted-letter-from-aaron-rodgers-to-brett-favre.html

Archived