To all the Jets fans who do not want Favre...

Then remember this, please:

While we sit back and have another glorious 10-6 season with a 1st round playoff exit (and that would the BEST case scenario) with Chad Pennington or Kellen Clemens at the helm, remember this. Because you are the ones who did not want Favre, and you'll be watching him lead Baltimore far into the playoffs, since Green Bay will not trade him within the AFC and Baltimore seems to be our only logical opponent for him. Kansas City and Miami are rebuilding, they won't make serious pushes for him, in my opinion.

You are the ones who will have ZERO right to bitch and will surely be the first ones chirping in if this team is 8-8 while Favre leads Baltimore to 13-3. Remember this. Because it is you who will regret it if the Jets do not land Favre for a 2nd round pick. A 2nd round pick for one of the greatest ever. Seems like a no brainer, right?

Apparently not to some of you. No, you'd rather have Chad freakin' Pennington who underthrows 15 yard passes or the inexpereinced / unknown Wonder Kid, Kellen Clemens. I like Clemens but who would you rather him learn under? Chad Pennington or Brett Favre? Who gives the best chance to win RIGHT NOW? Favre, Pennington or Clemens?

Take a look around at the core players on this team and their ages. This team is a WIN NOW team. Not 2010 or 2011, whenever Clemens may or may not be ready to become something we don't know if he'll ever become.

Faneca is 31.

Richardson is a one year deal and is one of the best blocking FB's in the game.

Jenkins is late 20's and weight concerns.

Coles is 30+.

Jones is 30 years old and running backs die quicly after that.

All we need to offer up is a ****ing 2nd round pick. Now I don't know about the rest of you but I'm sick and ****ing tired of 4-12 and 10-6 with a 1st round exit or maybe a lucky 1st round win. **** this ****.

Show some balls Woody Johnson, Mike Tannenbaum and Eric Mangini. You want to win now? PROVE IT. Dump Pennington, GET BRETT FAVRE. Money concenrs? Dumping Chad helps that and Favre could make less base salary here and be fine because of the endorsement money he'd be raking in. In NYC Favre is bigger than Eli, ARod or Jeter, period. He wouldn't mind taking a small pay cut to play the game he loves.

MAN UP, MAKE A ****ING MOVE.

LETS GET SERIOUS ABOUT WINNING FOR ONCE.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would take Favre for a second in a heartbeat.

Woody should grow balls and make that move. Trading for Favre to the Jets will be one hell of a shocking move that will scare the pats and any other team on our schedule.

MAN UP WOODY!

Farve is a wreckless old man.

All time touchdowns leader.

All time yardage leader.

All time leader in consecutive games played not by a K/P.

Took his team to the verge of the Super Bowl last season.

I don't know about you, but I want a chance to be a contender in this league. Brett Favre, even if it would only be for a year or two, would give us that. Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens arn't giving us any better than 10-6 in 2008.

I forgot some Jets fans are okay with that though. As long as its "progress" its okay.

I find it ironic that people complain when Pennington or Clemens threw passes they should not have, and threw a ton of picks, and now they want Favre. Look, Favre is an upgrade, but not as much as you all think, I can only imagine the uproar when Favre goes for one of his 6 pick games.

All time touchdowns leader.

All time yardage leader.

All time leader in consecutive games played not by a K/P.

Took his team to the verge of the Super Bowl last season.

I don't know about you, but I want a chance to be a contender in this league. Brett Favre, even if it would only be for a year or two, would give us that. Chad Pennington and Kellen Clemens arn't giving us any better than 10-6 in 2008.

I forgot some Jets fans are okay with that though. As long as its "progress" its okay.

I'm with you on the Favre bandwagon.

And peple complain about 12 million, but if u dump Chad thats giving his 7 million to Favre so it really only cost us 5 million for Favre then Chads money makes it 12 million. Do I think Chad can lead us this year? Yes. But Favre is my #1 choice for a SB.

Favre for 12 million>>>>>>>>>>Chad for 7 million

I do hope Favre winds up somewhere (other than the Jets), so that the fans who wanted him can see firsthand that he's particularly washed up when he's trying to get it done on a new team.

His best hope for success lies in him getting released and playing in the only division he's ever known as a starter. The AFC will eat him up and pick him off. His ego will lead him to be more of a cowboy than ever, and the picks will multiply. A second round pick for a season of that? I'll pass.

Brett Favre at 38/39 years old is not what this team needs, and is not a win now solution. All it would do is retard Clemens progress further. Kellen may very well not be the answer, but it's time to find out already.

I would take Favre for a second in a heartbeat.

Woody should grow balls and make that move. Trading for Favre to the Jets will be one hell of a shocking move that will scare the pats and any other team on our schedule.

MAN UP WOODY!

Yes I'm sure the Pats are trembling in their boots, just praying we don't do it. :rolleyes:

I'm with you on the Favre bandwagon.

And peple complain about 12 million, but if u dump Chad thats giving his 7 million to Favre so it really only cost us 5 million for Favre then Chads money makes it 12 million. Do I think Chad can lead us this year? Yes. But Favre is my #1 choice for a SB.

Favre for 12 million>>>>>>>>>>Chad for 7 million

If and when you ever get married, do yourself a huge favour and have your WIFE handle the finances. :P

LOL this thread is stupid. First of all, its a guarantee that since he had a good year last year, he is going to end up 13-3 and in the SB this year, right?

Funny, because I sort of remember the Packers missing the playoffs THREE CONSECUTIVE years prior to the 07 season with Favre at the helm.

Anyway, maybe some of us dont want Favre because:

A -- We are rebuilding as well.

Yes, we have some players getting up there in age. We also have a very young LB core and DEF Secondary, we have two young starting lineman at the two most important OL positions, we have (hopefully) a young starting QB entering his 3rd season. We are not rebuilt, as there are still some spots (DL, WR), that need to be addressed, but we are certainly rebuilding

B -- Favre is now 39 years old and will be turning 40 in October. Do you really want to give a forty year old quarterback a brand new contract, worth about $12 million per year, to listen to his retirement drama the entire offseason, every offseason? The guy is freakin fourty years old, how is he such a sure thing? He will simply be a 2-3 year stopgap AT BEST. If anyone here honestly thinks Favre is going to give us more then five years they need to have their brains checked.

Basically, Favre, at his age, is far from a sure thing, and could very easily lose the QB battle with Clemens anyway. Just because he had a good year last year, doesn't mean he is automatically going to be good again this year.

Im tired of reading this 'same ol Jets' bullsh*t. The 'same ol Jets' would be if we did sign favre to a 3 year deal, he comes in and ****s the bed, while Pennington. who we released to sign Favre, is playing in the SB under Herm Edwards with the Chiefs.

Lets stick with Clemens, and if he's not the answer, lets find someone that can be our future. Favre. stay away.

LOL this thread is stupid. First of all, its a guarantee that since he had a good year last year, he is going to end up 13-3 and in the SB this year, right?

Funny, because I sort of remember the Packers missing the playoffs THREE CONSECUTIVE years prior to the 07 season with Favre at the helm.

Yes, we have some players getting up there in age. We also have a very young LB core and DEF Secondary, we have two young starting lineman at the two most important OL positions, we have (hopefully) a young starting QB entering his 3rd season. We are not rebuilt, as there are still some spots (DL, WR), that need to be addressed, but we are certainly rebuilding

B -- Favre is now 39 years old and will be turning 40 in October. Do you really want to give a forty year old quarterback a brand new contract, worth about $12 million per year, to listen to his retirement drama the entire offseason, every offseason? The guy is freakin fourty years old, how is he such a sure thing? He will simply be a 2-3 year stopgap AT BEST. If anyone here honestly thinks Favre is going to give us more then five years they need to have their brains checked.

Basically, Favre, at his age, is far from a sure thing, and could very easily lose the QB battle with Clemens anyway. Just because he had a good year last year, doesn't mean he is automatically going to be good again this year.

Im tired of reading this 'same ol Jets' bullsh*t. The 'same ol Jets' would be if we did sign favre to a 3 year deal, he comes in and ****s the bed, while Pennington. who we released to sign Favre, is playing in the SB under Herm Edwards with the Chiefs.

Lets stick with Clemens, and if he's not the answer, lets find someone that can be our future. Favre. stay away.

Yes, favre , favre, favre away. :P

It's obvious you aren't here to talk about football, so why sign up for a football MB?

Talking football like...

...praising Ronnie Brown, who (talented as he is/was) has yet to complete an NFL season, coming off a torn ACL, as showing "promise"?

...touting Ted Ginn, the joke of the 2007 draft, "played well" because he almost had 70 yards in a game once last year?

...being the only person (Dolphins fans included) talking up John Beck, who may actually have been a worse draft pick than Ginn, and who is as likely to be #3 on the depth chart as he is to start this year?

...bashing some guy named Klemens, a RB with 3 consecutive years (and counting) with more yards than Ronnie Brown has ever had once, and a receiver who would consider Ted Ginn's best game to be garbage for himself (since the team lost)?

All of which certainly belong in a thread about Brett Favre.

Yes. Let's talk about football.

That's even more far fetched then some people here believing we would be trading a second round pick for a SB with Favre.

Then remember this, please:

While we sit back and have another glorious 10-6 season with a 1st round playoff exit (and that would the BEST case scenario) with Chad Pennington or Kellen Clemens at the helm, remember this. Because you are the ones who did not want Favre, and you'll be watching him lead Baltimore far into the playoffs, since Green Bay will not trade him within the AFC and Baltimore seems to be our only logical opponent for him. Kansas City and Miami are rebuilding, they won't make serious pushes for him, in my opinion.

You are the ones who will have ZERO right to bitch and will surely be the first ones chirping in if this team is 8-8 while Favre leads Baltimore to 13-3. Remember this. Because it is you who will regret it if the Jets do not land Favre for a 2nd round pick. A 2nd round pick for one of the greatest ever. Seems like a no brainer, right?

Apparently not to some of you. No, you'd rather have Chad freakin' Pennington who underthrows 15 yard passes or the inexpereinced / unknown Wonder Kid, Kellen Clemens. I like Clemens but who would you rather him learn under? Chad Pennington or Brett Favre? Who gives the best chance to win RIGHT NOW? Favre, Pennington or Clemens?

Take a look around at the core players on this team and their ages. This team is a WIN NOW team. Not 2010 or 2011, whenever Clemens may or may not be ready to become something we don't know if he'll ever become.

Faneca is 31.

Richardson is a one year deal and is one of the best blocking FB's in the game.

Jenkins is late 20's and weight concerns.

Coles is 30+.

Jones is 30 years old and running backs die quicly after that.

All we need to offer up is a ****ing 2nd round pick. Now I don't know about the rest of you but I'm sick and ****ing tired of 4-12 and 10-6 with a 1st round exit or maybe a lucky 1st round win. **** this ****.

Show some balls Woody Johnson, Mike Tannenbaum and Eric Mangini. You want to win now? PROVE IT. Dump Pennington, GET BRETT FAVRE. Money concenrs? Dumping Chad helps that and Favre could make less base salary here and be fine because of the endorsement money he'd be raking in. In NYC Favre is bigger than Eli, ARod or Jeter, period. He wouldn't mind taking a small pay cut to play the game he loves.

MAN UP, MAKE A ****ING MOVE.

LETS GET SERIOUS ABOUT WINNING FOR ONCE.

Yes yes, let's give a second rounder up for a QB who will throw twice as many interceptions as touchdowns. Screw building on the foundation we've laid, take a wrecking ball to that plan. It's time to go for broke and give us the has-been that we need.

Ronnie Brown showed a lot of promise, Ginn played well when he became more acclimated in the offense, and John Beck will get there.

Besides, much brighter than Klemens, Jones and Coles.

You guys and your Ted Ginn Jr. He looks like he'll be a good kick returner, probably even a good slot receiver. Unfortunatly he was a top ten pick.

Ronnie Brown showed a lot of promise, Ginn played well when he became more acclimated in the offense, and John Beck will get there.

Besides, much brighter than Klemens, Jones and Coles.

Do you honestly think Beck, Ginn, and Brown are better than Clemens, Jones, and Coles? I'll give you Clemens, but TJ and Coles will blow Brown and Ginn away. Ginn is just fast, but doesn't have great hands, and Brown just......sucks, period.

Great post 124.

As Jets fans we need to do something to surprise people. Favre can still play and we have a great offensive line. We need to get over this 'Same ol' Jet mentality' and get Favre so we can be a much better team.

Archived